Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brainstorm vs Rage

Go down 
+9
Lari
nevermore
MoonChild
exact33
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
scottmitchell74
Gilbert
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Who gets your vote?
Brainstorm
Brainstorm vs Rage - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%Brainstorm vs Rage - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
Rage
Brainstorm vs Rage - Page 2 Vote_lcap62%Brainstorm vs Rage - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 62% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Brainstorm vs Rage - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm vs Rage   Brainstorm vs Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 11:12 am

Much better cover. The problem with Rage is how hard it is to get their stuff.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm vs Rage   Brainstorm vs Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 11:30 am

Peavy says he now owns the rights to the entire Rage catalogue. The Refuge Years box (plus all the individual albums from that era) were already re-released last year. And the Black in Mind anniversary edition.

The first two Rage albums, plus the Avenger one, are next in line.

The newer ones aren't that hard to find anyway, but I guess there'll be re-released versions of them too.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm vs Rage   Brainstorm vs Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 12:36 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Oh, Brainstorm easily. Rage is good, but I love the Brainstorm vibe and think the vocals are way better.

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm vs Rage   Brainstorm vs Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 3:59 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Much better cover. The problem with Rage is how hard it is to get their stuff.

I agree but luckily most of their back catalogue is being re-released.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm vs Rage   Brainstorm vs Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 4:14 pm

Now I have to find the money to get them. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm vs Rage   Brainstorm vs Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 4:16 pm

Luckily, I own all of Rage's catalog. I still need to pickup a few of Brainstorm's yet.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm vs Rage   Brainstorm vs Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 2:39 am

I was thinking of buying Firesoul as my next Brainstorm album. I see it comes with a bonus live disc. Anyone have that 2CD version? How's the quality?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm vs Rage   Brainstorm vs Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 3:09 am

Lari wrote:
I was thinking of buying Firesoul as my next Brainstorm album. I see it comes with a bonus live disc. Anyone have that 2CD version? How's the quality?

Very good edition. I like it a lot. Firesoul is among their best new releases. More memorable than in the spur of the moment imo.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm vs Rage   Brainstorm vs Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 6:30 am

Lari wrote:

Gilbert wrote:
Lari wrote:

Very good edition.  I like it a lot. Firesoul is among their best new releases. More memorable than in the spur of the moment imo.

I tried to win that on eBay last month but got outbid.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm vs Rage   Brainstorm vs Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 4:18 pm

I'm gonna go with Rage on this one simply because I still have some Rage music in my collection. I jettisoned the few Brainstorm albums I had awhile ago. Yes, even Liquid Monster.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm vs Rage   Brainstorm vs Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 4:55 pm

You need to jettison some more stuff, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm vs Rage   Brainstorm vs Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 10:26 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm gonna go with Rage on this one simply because I still have some Rage music in my collection. I jettisoned the few Brainstorm albums I had awhile ago. Yes, even Liquid Monster.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm vs Rage   Brainstorm vs Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 10:38 am

Gilbert wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Shocked

Sorry to disappoint ya Gilbert. None of that stuff survived my great European flower-power metal purge in the mid-2000's. Brainstorm, Symphorce, Blind Guardian, Mob Rules, Hammerfall, etc. all went bye-bye.

Dark Horseman wrote:
You need to jettison some more stuff, let me know.

I've been trimming the fat from the collection quite a bit lately. When I get up another bunch to go, you'll be the first to know. Wink

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm vs Rage   Brainstorm vs Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 11:52 am

\'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm vs Rage   Brainstorm vs Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 2:53 am

Brainstorm.

I love Rage, but I'm a sucker for hooks and Brainstorm has the catchier songs. =)
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm vs Rage   Brainstorm vs Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 12:24 pm

007 wrote:
Lari wrote:

Gilbert wrote:
Lari wrote:

Very good edition.  I like it a lot. Firesoul is among their best new releases. More memorable than in the spur of the moment imo.

It's pretty good. I think my enthusiasm for Brainstom has been rejuvenated.

I love the song "Recall the Real". A nice quality live bonus disc, too. The singer sounds great. Nice to have.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm vs Rage   Brainstorm vs Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 2:04 am

Lari wrote:
007 wrote:
Lari wrote:

Gilbert wrote:
Lari wrote:

It's pretty good. I think my enthusiasm for Brainstom has been rejuvenated.

I love the song "Recall the Real". A nice quality live bonus disc, too. The singer sounds great. Nice to have.

Glad you like it headbanger

I managed to score my digipack for a decent price, simply because the package has a small scratch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm vs Rage   Brainstorm vs Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brainstorm vs Rage
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2