Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+12
Lari
Sword Of The Heretic
Witchfinder
mlotek
Leatherface
Vexer6
akeldama
tohostudios
Addy
mikeinfla
DallasBlack
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 9:51 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
 I know TNA used to talk about how much Awesome Kong weighed but I never heard WWE do that before tonight.  270?  And Bayley probably weighs what, 130 tops?  She kills me.  Look at her physique; has she ever lifted a weight in her life?  She has arms like toothpicks.  Compare her to Charlotte or Natalya; it's not even close.  

Yeah I just hate Bayley.  She's like a 16 year old girl in there with real athletes.

I find a lot of people sharing your view on Bayley. The "gee golly gosh" type of face just doesn't cut it these days unless your under 12 years of age. Also the hugging smiley on the titantron and those annoying as buck flying tube guys look so damn stupid. Personally, as long as she delivers in the ring, I'm not going to be too harsh on her, but I also don't have any endearing feelings for the character either. Also, in what world is a belly to belly suplex a finishing move?

Magnum T.A. Used it in the '80s. I said before that I don't mind that being her move but it needs more to be believable.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 9:53 pm

The New Day is getting old. Maybe take them off tv for a while?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 9:55 pm

One more thing, Micki James is now back in Smackdown.  She has to be at least twice as old as Bayley yet she also makes Bayley look like a toothpick.

Yeah, that's definitely what bugs me the most about Bayley.  And it feeds into the believability factor too.  If she had a muscle or two maybe I'd buy the belly to belly being a finisher but from that stringbean?  No way.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 9:56 pm

akeldama wrote:

Or turn them heel. I totally agree; their schtick is beyond stale at this point.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 10:00 pm

Wow. Rock N Roll Express is going to the WWE Hall Of Fame?

Were they ever even in WWE? They were great back in the day. High flyers and always good for a blade job or two.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 10:01 pm

tohostudios wrote:
akeldama wrote:

Or turn them heel.  I totally agree; their schtick is beyond stale at this point.

Exactly, plus I personally think they should never have broken Demolition's record and only did so because of Vince's personal feelings toward Bill Eadie (Axe) and Barry Darso (Smash).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 10:05 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Wow.  Rock N Roll Express is going to the WWE Hall Of Fame?

Were they ever even in WWE?  They were great back in the day.  High flyers and always good for a blade job or two.

I hated the RnR Express as a kid and I still do. In the '80s one of my older brothers dressed like them ALL the time. I believe they were in the WWF and Smoky Mountain after NWA/WCW.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 10:13 pm

Lion Tamer>The Walls Of Jericho...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 10:18 pm

akeldama wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Wow.  Rock N Roll Express is going to the WWE Hall Of Fame?

Were they ever even in WWE?  They were great back in the day.  High flyers and always good for a blade job or two.

I hated the RnR Express as a kid and I still do. In the '80s one of my older brothers dressed like them ALL the time. I believe they were in the WWF and Smoky Mountain after NWA/WCW.

I liked 'em because they always bled. I have a DVD with the RnR Express against the Road Warriors in a scaffold match and the thing is a bloodbath. Even when they appeared on the local Saturday morning live wrestling show in Memphis back in the 80s they always bled. Both of them have foreheads that look like Dusty Rhodes' or Ric Flair's; so many blade jobs.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 10:22 pm

I remember the scaffold match. Wow! I forgot about that! Gonna have to youtube it!
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 10:23 pm

akeldama wrote:
I think it happened sometime before or during the Katina Clutch. Did you hear/see when Joe asked if he was ok and Seth said he hopes so?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 10:34 pm

I think that same DVD also has the "Battle of the Expresses" in another scaffold match. RnR Express vs Jim Cornette's Midnight Express. Again a bloodbath.

That's why I liked RnR Express; every match I remember them being in was bloody. That team would never fly in today's PG WWE. They had to compensate for being so small by being willing to blade all the time; the old "get beat around for awhile until you're bloody then make a comeback because you're so resilient" wrestling psychology.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 11:16 pm

Early in his NXT days Joe really lost a lot of weight and now he looks heavier than ever.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 5:18 pm

I agree. Joe is much heavier now than he was in TNA too I think. Probably 20 pounds at least.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 7:49 pm

I watch the day after on Hulu so I am a bit behind:

Roman is the baddest man to set foot in the WWE? Haku bit a man's nose off, Andre The Giant was scared of Bad News Brown, what has Roman done even remotely equivalent?

So Braun is back to jobber squashes? Also, he didn't really win that match. Two jobbers were on their backs, the third was on his belly on top and Stroman put his hands on his back. You can't pin someone unless their on their back so technically the third guy got the pin, not Braun.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 7:51 pm

See:

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Untitl10
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 8:25 pm

Yeah I was really disappointed that they have Braun back doing squashes. Whatever happened to the feud he seemed to be building to with Big Show? Instead they're going to feed Strowman to Vince's favorite musclehead Reigns at Fastlane. As much as I typically despise "big men battles" I'd actually like to see Strowman against the newly-slimmed down Big Show. Mutual bodyslams anyone? It would certainly be more interesting than Strowman/Reigns since we all already know how that one will turn out. Reigns may not win but he sure won't lose the title.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 8:34 pm

Damn!

I guess AJ Styles is already well on his way to second tier status. He was just pinned by "Mr. Personality" Baron Corbin on Smackdown Live. That's pathetic.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 8:37 pm

Uh oh. Promo for next week's RAW touting a women's championship match between Charlotte and Bayley. Please tell me it's not going to happen...

But it has all the earmarks. They haven't changed the title now in several weeks so it's long overdue by WWE standards. And Bayley just lost this past Monday. Oh man...I swear if Bayley wins the title I will stop watching RAW until Creative comes to its senses.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 8:41 pm

I'm only on the opening segment which is good so far. I've always preferred SD and nothing has changed.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 8:53 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Damn!

I guess AJ Styles is already well on his way to second tier status.  He was just pinned by "Mr. Personality" Baron Corbin on Smackdown Live.   That's pathetic.

In a 4-way? Not necessarily but not improbable. They are just trying to establish Corbin as the monster to be reckoned with at EC. Watching Talking Smack has made me start to like Corbin.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 9:02 pm

Bayley should not be champ.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 9:03 pm

Luke Harper has always deserved a bigger push.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 9:07 pm

Nattie and Nikki have always been horrible.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 9:18 pm

Mickie James' music doesn't scream "heel" and besides that it's dog awful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: