Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017

Go down 
+22
corplhicks
Boris2008
Thelemech
Stender
akeldama
Witchfinder
Wurthless
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
glassprison
Required Fields
SideShowDisaSter
scottmitchell74
nevermore
Leatherface
James B.
exact33
Gilbert
tohostudios
manny
Fat Freddy
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 4:32 pm

Babylon 5 - S3,E12

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 8:58 am

Bob's Burgers
The Simpsons
The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 10:35 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"Sausage Party" (2016)

In Seth Rogen's definitely-not-for-kiddies cartoon, food products think that life beyond the grocery store doors will be paradise... until one brave sausage learns the horrific truth and battles to save his friends from the inevitable.
Yes, it's dumb as a box of rocks but "Sausage Party" is also funny as hell. How can you not love a movie where Salma Hayek voices a lesbian taco and the villain is (literally) a douche? Just turn your brain off for 90 minutes and have a blast.

I started this last night but fell asleep. I'll try and finish it tonight. My wife was thoroughly offended though and went upstairs after about 5 minutes. So it was totally worth it for that.

I finished this last night. It wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. I think I built it up a little too much in my mind. The religious story-line was unexpected. Still worth a viewing though.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 10:50 am

Binge watching "Peaky Blinders"

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 3:34 pm

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 P6176_p_v8_ab
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 3:35 pm

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Large_7EDxLdQ8bBG8YC2JAnhvoVhTe3
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 3:42 pm

The Hunt for Red October

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 4:18 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

How was that? I've had it in my Netflix queue for what seems like forever, but haven't watched it.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 4:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

How was that? I've had it in my Netflix queue for what seems like forever, but haven't watched it.

It's very well done and only about an hour and twenty minutes long.  

The term apophenia definitely applies to most of the people featured.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 5:58 pm

007 wrote:
Bob's Burgers

It's amazing how much my attitude toward that show has changed.

When it first started I thought the drawings were dumb, the characters were annoying and the stories stupid.

Now I love it; it's my favorite show during "Animation Domination".  And I like how every episode ends with a different song that stems from the preceding 29 minutes while the credits roll. 

Trivia:  Do you know that the actress who voices the kid with the rabbit ears is also the actress who plays "Carol" in "The Last Man On Earth"?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 8:36 pm

tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
Bob's Burgers

Trivia:  Do you know that the actress who voices the kid with the rabbit ears is also the actress who plays "Carol" in "The Last Man On Earth"?

I did. Her voice is instantly recognizable. And I felt the same way about it too. Very clever writing on this show. My favorite episode is the parody of the Goonies.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 11:02 am

Witchfinder wrote:

Apophenia /æpoʊˈfiːniə/ is the human tendency to perceive meaningful patterns within random data. The first use of the term is attributed to Klaus Conrad by Peter Brugger, who defined it as the "unmotivated seeing of connections" accompanied by a "specific experience of an abnormal meaningfulness".

What a Face

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 11:06 am

007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
Bob's Burgers

I did. Her voice is instantly recognizable. And I felt the same way about it too. Very clever writing on this show. My favorite episode is the parody of the Goonies.

She shows up quite a bit as a voice actress in other cartoons as well. She's got a very distinctive voice, yet it's pretty much the same in every character she does. She doesn't change it up hardly at all.

I've come around quite a bit on 'Bob's Burgers' too. I didn't think much of it that first season, but it's grown on me during some binge-watching sessions on Netflix.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 11:19 am

Quote :
I finished this last night. It wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. I think I built it up a little too much in my mind. The religious story-line was unexpected.

Yeah, the religious allegory was about as subtle as a sledge hammer... I was realllllly rolling my eyes at it after a while. OK, Seth Rogen, we get it. You don't like Church types. Sheesh. Very Happy

Still a good goofy flick though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 12:08 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Apophenia /æpoʊˈfiːniə/ is the human tendency to perceive meaningful patterns within random data. The first use of the term is attributed to Klaus Conrad by Peter Brugger, who defined it as the "unmotivated seeing of connections" accompanied by a "specific experience of an abnormal meaningfulness".

What a Face

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 2:37 pm

Had to look that one up. Ain't used to them big, fancy lawyerin' words, ya know.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 6:26 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
Bob's Burgers

She shows up quite a bit as a voice actress in other cartoons as well. She's got a very distinctive voice, yet it's pretty much the same in every character she does. She doesn't change it up hardly at all.

I've come around quite a bit on 'Bob's Burgers' too. I didn't think much of it that first season, but it's grown on me during some binge-watching sessions on Netflix.

So that's 3 of us who've changed our opinions of Bob's Burgers.  Either it's improved a lot over time or (more likely) you just have to get used to the dry humor and the understated writing.  Bob especially is really played in a subtle manner most of the time.  So is his older daughter and son usually. 

I was just looking up the voice credits.  I had no idea that Kristen Schaal is the only female voice lead; Linda and Tina are both voiced by men.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 6:22 am

Big Bang Theory
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 10:10 am

tohostudios wrote:

So that's 3 of us who've changed our opinions of Bob's Burgers.  Either it's improved a lot over time or (more likely) you just have to get used to the dry humor and the understated writing. 

I have 2 co-workers that would go on and on about it and they finally wore me down enough to give it another chance. I like that it's on Netflix. It's an easy 23 minute time filler when I have nothing else to watch.

In other viewing news, I got caught up on my 2 current favorites last night:

Man Seeking Woman
Baskets

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 10:37 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Had to look that one up. Ain't used to them big, fancy lawyerin' words, ya know.

Hahaha!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 12:08 pm

"Alien 3000" (aka "Unseen Evil 2," 2004)

Treasure hunters uncover a hidden cave full of gold - and encounter the murderous extraterrestrial something or other that guards it. Hilarity does not ensue.
If you've ever wondered what a remake of "Predator" would look like if it were shot by retards with Handycams, here you go. This flick makes even the worst of The Asylum's output look competent.
AVOID.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18932

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 1:43 pm

ROH
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 5:23 pm

"Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films" (2014)

The director of "Machete Maidens Unleashed" and "Not Quite Hollywood" details the rise and fall of Cannon Films, the '80s B-Movie studio run by two Israeli cousins who tried their damnedest to take Hollywood by storm - and almost made it thanks to a steady stream of movies featuring Charles Bronson, Chuck Norris, breakdancers and ninjas. Loaded with classic clips from the Cannon library, this documentary is tons of fun.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 10:30 pm

Night Of The Devils (1972)

A man is found battered bruised and dishevelled in the woods. After suffering strange hallucinations the man is committed and sedated. Through flashbacks, we see how he comes to this state while getting stranded near a family cursed with an ancient evil. This is a rather effective film (although it drags in places) with decent gore (for the time). Highly reminiscent of the Wurdulak story from Bava's Black Sabbath film.

Last edited by 007 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 11:13 pm

"Idiocracy" (2006)

An Army slacker (Luke Wilson) takes part in a cryogenics experiment that goes terribly wrong and puts him to sleep for 500 years. When he wakes up in the future, human intelligence has decreased to the point that he is now the smartest man in America.
This slapsticky sci-fi satire from Mike Judge of "King Of The Hill/Office Space" fame is silly on the outside, but it can also be seen as a cautionary tale of where humanity is headed unless we start using our brains a little more often!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017
Page 12 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27 ... 42  Next