Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Wars: Rogue One

Go down 
+10
Witchfinder
Boris2008
tohostudios
exact33
nevermore
Lari
Citanul
Fat Freddy
Wrecked Neck
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Star Wars: Rogue One - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Rogue One   Star Wars: Rogue One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 2:45 am

Addy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
toho's feelings about Star Wars are pretty much how I feel about the Lord Of The Rings and/or Hobbit saga. I saw the first LOTR movie, wondered what all the woop de doo was about, and never bothered with the rest.

I guess it's one of those things you either "get" or you don't, and I don't. I'm sure that the Tolkien books were a major influence on Lucas when he was writing Star Wars but I dunno, I'd rather watch spaceships and robots than elves and barbarians, I guess.

I am similarly uninterested in the entire Harry Potter phenomenon. Never seen any of those movies, and it is not likely that I ever will. I'm sure they're entertaining 'n' all, it just doesn't sound like my thang. (shrugs)

Star Wars Rogue One, however, was frickin bad ass. Liked it as much, if not better than, Force Awakens. I was a happy little fanboy. Very Happy

Actually I believe Flash Gordon was a bigger influence on Lucas.

I loved the LOTR movies but i never saw Fellowship in the theater. It had awesome cinematography, Im about 3/4 through the Two Towers (book) and the more i read on the background and the tid bits of info that are not needed but are there makes me believe the LOTR was a work of sheer literary genuis.

Is it your first time reading them? I've read the series at least five times lol I've read just about everything out there concerning middle earth. Shame he didn't live longer, would have loved to see what he was going to do with The Simarillion.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Rogue One   Star Wars: Rogue One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 7:59 am

Yup its my first time, though my mother used to read me the hobbit when i was little. I find them to be very inspiring especially since i am working on a manuscript of my own that will have a fantasy setting. I have yet to read the Simarillion Id like to. Im 3/4 through the Two Towers and I cannot wait to sink my teeth into Return of the King. Ive read the Hobbit years ago. I still love that cartoon from the 70s Smile
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Rogue One   Star Wars: Rogue One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 1:40 pm

Addy wrote:
Yup its my first time, though my mother used to read me the hobbit when i was little.  I find them to be very inspiring especially since i am working on a manuscript of my own that will have a fantasy setting. I have yet to read the Simarillion Id like to.  Im 3/4 through the Two Towers and I cannot wait to sink my teeth into Return of the King. Ive read the Hobbit years ago. I still love that cartoon from the 70s Smile
The Simarillion is very different from the other books. It's written more like the bible than a novel. Lots of stuff happening, but not a lot of detail getting there. Still a good read, but don't expect something like LOTR.

I never liked that cartoon though lol it was ok, at least it followed the book, but I just didn't care for it much. I loved the LOTR cartoon they started, but for some reason never finished. Ralph Bakshi made the first half, then for some reason never finished it. I heard they finally finished it, but it was a different person, and wasn't as good. I might check it out one day though, but after the movie trilogy came out, it's not high on my priority anymore.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Rogue One   Star Wars: Rogue One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 3:40 pm

My wife (who is a librarian) told me its like reading a textbook. Itll be a while before i read it as I am thinking after Return of the King that Im gonna do the 3rd Game of Thrones book I thought it was Tolkien's son who finished it?

I loved the animation when i first saw it I liked to draw and stuff and found it inspiring I never cared for that LOTR cartoon they did. Prob cuz i saw the hobbit first and was expecting better animation I dunno.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Rogue One   Star Wars: Rogue One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 2:06 am

Addy wrote:
My wife (who is a librarian) told me its like reading a textbook.  Itll be a while before i read it as I am thinking after Return of the King that Im gonna do the 3rd Game of Thrones book I thought it was Tolkien's son who finished it?

I loved the animation when i first saw it I liked to draw and stuff and found it inspiring I never cared for that LOTR cartoon they did. Prob cuz i saw the hobbit first and was expecting better animation I dunno.

Yes his son is the one that published it, or finished it. I'm not sure of the whole story, but I thought it was basically notes JRR was writing for future books, and that's why it reads like a text book. I don't know, but it would have made for great series if that was his intention.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Rogue One   Star Wars: Rogue One - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Rogue One
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3