Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ted Nugent protest?

Go down 
+19
Thrasher73
ultmetal
mlotek
martinsane
Thelemech
Vexer6
ZombieHavoc
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
deathisgain
MetalGuy71
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
manny
mc666
Glower
tohostudios
Boris2008
BillRoxx
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 9:08 am

mlotek wrote:

Why is it that nobody asks if black rappers advocating violence against whites ask if they are "racist".

Which song are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 9:54 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
mlotek wrote:

Why is it that nobody asks if black rappers advocating violence against whites ask if they are "racist".

I think I found it. It's a reggae song, not rap.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 9:59 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
mlotek wrote:

I think I found it. It's a reggae song, not rap.

HAHAHAHAHAHA....dude, that cracked me up.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 10:07 am

Yea. Remember when Eddie Murphy was funny? I miss those days.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 1:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I think he's still funny, i'm looking forward to that new Beverly Hills Cop film.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 1:57 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I think he's still funny, i'm looking forward to that new Beverly Hills Cop film.

I'm only going to see it if Leslie Jones is cast Axel and Kate McKinnon plays Billy.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 2:19 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis? Another Beverly Hills Cop movie? When did that happen?

EDIT: So apparently there was a new BHC movie that was supposed to come out this past March. Looks like it might be awhile.

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I'm only going to see it if Leslie Jones is cast Axel and Kate McKinnon plays Billy.

Nah, Eddie can still do it, as long as he plays multiple characters and at least 2 of them are in fat suits. *Boom* Comedy.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 2:33 pm

Don't hold your breath. Beverly Hills Cop 4 has been tied up up in Development Hell for about a dozen years at least.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 2:35 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Don't hold your breath. Beverly Hills Cop 4 has been tied up up in Development Hell for about a dozen years at least.

The internet makes following movies so weird. I'm not following BHC4 and don't care either way, but it's weird how we all know every step of the way now. Sometimes I miss just finding out a movie/sequel exists from a trip to the video store or from a coming attractions trailer on a VHS rental.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 2:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Looks like there was supposed to be a BHC tv show too that got shelved. Who knew that franchise was so cursed? Laughing

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 4:34 pm

I like Ted Nugent's music. Been a fan long before I knew anything about politics. I was literally a kid in grade school when I first heard and loved his music.

I've met Nugent 3x in my life. One time I spent the day with him and his band/crew. He was very cordial to me and I have nothing negative to say about those meetings whatsoever. He signed every scrap of paper my friends and I threw at him. He chatted with us about music, life, food, etc. He was extremely kind to my son both times he got to meet Ted. I've also met his wife Shemane once. She is a beautiful and very sweet woman. I read her book "Married to a Rock Star". It was an entertaining read. I also briefly met his son Rocco, who was also very cordial.

I do not agree with all his politics, but I cannot say I disagree with all of it either. However, I don't spend any significant amount of time really listening to his political or social ideals. I'd rather listen to his music, which I do often. Because I enjoy his music I have been called a "child molester", "a hate monger" and "a pedophile" on social media from people who vehemently dislike the man. That I find far more offensive than Ted's big mouth.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 2:48 am

Who listens to musicians based on their political views anyway? If that was the case I would never listen to another Rage Against the Machine song again.Lol!
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 4:34 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Who listens to musicians based on their political views anyway? If that was the case I would never listen to another Rage Against the Machine song again.Lol!
More people then you'd think, I certainly would never want to listen to any band that was signed to Resistance Records(a label whose bands all promoted Neo-Nazi views)
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 8:59 am

To be fair, with the exception of "Stand", i've never seen any of Nugent's songs express any real political views (i guess you could argue his songs about Native Americans). Heck, on "Shut Up and Jam" he even sings "enough of that Political stuff".
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 10:33 am

Hadley wrote:
To be fair, with the exception of "Stand", i've never seen any of Nugent's songs express any real political views (i guess you could argue his songs about Native Americans). Heck, on "Shut Up and Jam" he even sings "enough of that Political stuff".

Yea, I'm certainly no Ted expert, but from the stuff I know, his songs never really had much of a political slant to them. He saves all that stuff for his interviews and social media.

I haven't looked too deep into the context of 'Wang Dang Sweet Poontang' though. There could be some right-wing, conservative messages in there.

What a Face

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 10:59 am

I'm no Ted expert either but he does take some jabs at liberals in his tune Kiss My Ass but that's about the only extent that I know of. And I only know that because I saw him perform it live.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 11:08 am

007 wrote:
I'm no Ted expert either but he does take some jabs at liberals in his tune Kiss My Ass but that's about the only extent that I know of. And I only know that because I saw him perform it live.

I don't care for his music generally, but I'm gonna have to check that song out. Being lefty pinko scum myself, I am intrigued.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 11:46 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
007 wrote:

I don't care for his music generally, but I'm gonna have to check that song out. Being lefty pinko scum myself, I am intrigued.

That song is pretty dated. Most of the people he is telling to "kiss my ass" are long gone. Of course I'm sure he could update the song with all new names easy enough.

I hate politics. sick

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 12:41 pm

I think it's a decent enough song. The politics don't bother me.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 12:54 pm

ultmetal wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
007 wrote:

That song is pretty dated. Most of the people he is telling to "kiss my ass" are long gone. Of course I'm sure he could update the song with all new names easy enough.

I hate politics. sick

Just listened to it on Spotify. Weird, I actually kinda like the sound of that song. I'm assuming it came out in the early to mid 90s? Gonna look it up real quick....sweet, I was right. 1995.

Janet Reno, IRS, Jesse Jackson, gangbangers, Crips and Bloods, Courtney Love (he says something about her hole--classy as ever, that Ted)....they all feel the wrath of the Nuge. Ha.

He should said: "Get in the ring mother f*cker, I'll kick you bitchy little ass."
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 2:48 pm

I listened to the song again and caught his reference of "Mr. Hillary". It's come back full circle. Seems like Trump should be using this tune on his campaign.

At the very least, Trump should be hiring Ted as a speech writer. Him and Billy Milano.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 3:24 pm

Meh! I still listen to Burzum and Varg makes Ted look like Ralph Nader lol!
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 9:45 pm

I like Teds music..Could care less about his politics (gotta say though his views are real popular among alot of folks here in Oklahoma and down in Texas where I come from originally)...I like all the classic albums and unlike alot of folks I really liked his 80s albums...Little Miss Dangerous, Nugent and Penetrator are some albums that see regular play on my turntable...(S/T first album and Double Live Gonzo are my absolute favorites however)
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 3:57 pm

I think his politics, but more his comments about women, blacks, and anyone who disagrees with his caveman point of view is what gets him in hot water and also his idiotic comments takes focus away from his music and his place in metal/hard rock history.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 4:55 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Courtney Love (he says something about her hole--classy as ever, that Ted)

He could be making a word play since her band was/is named "Hole"
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ted Nugent protest?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next