Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeRegisterLog in

 

 Any Minneapolis Protest Songs

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Glower
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glower

Number of posts : 2460
Age : 56

Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Any Minneapolis Protest Songs   Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2020 6:04 am



Never was no trouble
Just a quiet little town.
When a sudden surge of lightning
Sent tremors through the ground.
They came without a warning
With their face against the grain.
Ooh, they came to cause some anger.
Ooh, they came to cause some pain.
Run and hide. No more time.
Cast a spell.Here and now!(hey!)
City's gonna burn.

Thunder clouds of anger
Blocking out the light.
They're waiting in the shadows
To terrorize the night.
Well, you might as well surrender
There'll be no one left to blame.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lari

Number of posts : 4989
Age : 40

Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Minneapolis Protest Songs   Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2020 7:52 am



When you're lost inside the dead of night
You can hear the city rage
Another one kills and another one dies
And another one shares the pain
See the murder and the rape and a cop on the take
Don't you know that it never ends
The sun will rise and the sun will set
But there's madness in the hearts of men
Caught in the circle with no end in sight
Better turn yourself another page
I'm sick and tired of all the hopeless talk
'Cuz nothing's ever gonna' change

Think I'll fly away into the setting sun
Away from the dark of the night
'Cuz the only time that I feel alright is with you

Caught in the middle of an endless fight
It comes down to time and chance
Got a lot or a little, better enjoy life
'Cuz you don't know whether love or hate
Is waiting outside your door
So you better pray, there's no delay
From the one that's worth living for

Gonna' fly away into the setting sun
Away from the dark and the night
'Cuz this crazy world lives under the gun
It's only a matter of time
Gonna' fly away into the setting sun
Away from the dark and the night
'Cuz the only time that I feel alright is with you

Stuck in the middle in the dead of night
You can hear the city rage
Better turn yourself another page
Generations come, generations go
Nothing's ever gonna change
Gonna' fly away into the setting sun
Where the light was praying for their lives



That's what I thought of, at least.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 34656
Age : 50

Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Minneapolis Protest Songs   Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2020 7:52 am



...sorry, I couldn't resist...

_________________
"I am reluctant to get too deep into politics, and I don’t expect politicians to get too deep into music."
- Paul Stanley

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 7797
Age : 45

Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Minneapolis Protest Songs   Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2020 8:23 am

Would this song fit in?

Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2985
Age : 51

Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Minneapolis Protest Songs   Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2020 10:51 am

Just to insert some positivity here, for my town - the town I love above all others:



Rock 'n' roll is alive
Rock 'n' roll is alive
Rock 'n' roll is alive
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis

From all over the world
The people came
Even the president flies in to watch the thing called fame
Red, white and blue boy girls
Tonight everyone's the same
Some people say it's dying
But we don't want to play that game

Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis - sing
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis - sing
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis

Sure as the drive around
Lake of the Isles is cool I know
Rock 'n' roll will never die
Like the Minnehaha flow
Sure as the land of a thousand lakes
Is sometimes made of snow
There'll always be another king who got butt naked on the floor

Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis - sing
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis

Rock, rock
Very impressive
Rock, rock
Impressive

Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis
Sing Dammitt!
Rock, rock
Rock 'n' roll is alive
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
Troublezone

Number of posts : 13771
Age : 44

Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Minneapolis Protest Songs   Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2020 11:38 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Just to insert some positivity here, for my town - the town I love above all others:



Rock 'n' roll is alive
Rock 'n' roll is alive
Rock 'n' roll is alive
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis

From all over the world
The people came
Even the president flies in to watch the thing called fame
Red, white and blue boy girls
Tonight everyone's the same
Some people say it's dying
But we don't want to play that game

Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis - sing
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis - sing
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis

Sure as the drive around
Lake of the Isles is cool I know
Rock 'n' roll will never die
Like the Minnehaha flow
Sure as the land of a thousand lakes
Is sometimes made of snow
There'll always be another king who got butt naked on the floor

Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis - sing
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis

Rock, rock
Very impressive
Rock, rock
Impressive

Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis
Sing Dammitt!
Rock, rock
Rock 'n' roll is alive
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis
Rock 'n' roll is alive and it lives in Minneapolis

Have you see any of the craziness in person? Stay safe.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
Troublezone

Number of posts : 13771
Age : 44

Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Minneapolis Protest Songs   Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2020 11:40 pm

I was gonna put the Anthrax cover, but then I decided the original is more fitting.


Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal student
Metal student
John Madden

Number of posts : 169
Age : 84

Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Minneapolis Protest Songs   Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2020 10:23 am

Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2985
Age : 51

Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Minneapolis Protest Songs   Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2020 2:11 pm

[quote="Troublezone"]
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Just to insert some positivity here, for my town - the town I love above all others:





Have you see any of the craziness in person? Stay safe.

I wish!! Cuz, trust me, I would be right in the middle of it with a big stick, helping protect my people's small businesses from these outside asshats. But, alas, no - I am on house arrest [ironically for battery on a police officer], feeling helpless in small town Wisco. I understand and have experienced all sides of what's going on. There is only one way to make the necessary changes. That is love and RESPECT from everyone.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
Troublezone

Number of posts : 13771
Age : 44

Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Minneapolis Protest Songs   Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2020 8:09 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Just to insert some positivity here, for my town - the town I love above all others:





Have you see any of the craziness in person? Stay safe.

I wish!!  Cuz, trust me, I would be right in the middle of it with a big stick, helping protect my people's small businesses from these outside asshats.  But, alas, no - I am on house arrest [ironically for battery on a police officer], feeling helpless in small town Wisco.  I understand and have experienced all sides of what's going on.  There is only one way to make the necessary changes.  That is love and RESPECT from everyone.

Unfortunately thugs and thrill seekers are taking advantage of the protests. Some people are in this to loot and destroy property and businesses. The MLK way is the best way!

I wonder what Prince would say if he was alive to see his town on fire. I think he wouldn’t be happy about the destruction, but he would have obviously condemned the police involved.


Back to top Go down
Glower
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glower

Number of posts : 2460
Age : 56

Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Minneapolis Protest Songs   Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 12:05 am

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 7797
Age : 45

Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Minneapolis Protest Songs   Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 12:46 am

Was watching the news last night. I just can't understand why all the looting and extreme violence.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glower

Number of posts : 2460
Age : 56

Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Minneapolis Protest Songs   Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 6:13 am

If it had been a white guy who died...nothing would of happened. Crickets. Lol.
I can’t understand all the copycat US cites following suit. Some say it’s ANTIFA. 
Maybe, also, it’s because of wearing the virus masks everywhere. 40 million unemployed too.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 7797
Age : 45

Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Minneapolis Protest Songs   Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 7:21 am

Glower wrote:
If it had been a white guy who died...nothing would of happened. Crickets. Lol.
I can’t understand all the copycat US cites following suit. Some say it’s ANTIFA. 
Maybe, also, it’s because of wearing the virus masks everywhere. 40 million unemployed too.

I haven't seen people wearing masks during these protests. That's quite a risk.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lari

Number of posts : 4989
Age : 40

Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Minneapolis Protest Songs   Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 12:29 pm

Glower wrote:
If it had been a white guy who died...nothing would of happened.
What if it was a black cop who killed a black man?

Gilbert wrote:

I haven't seen people wearing masks during these protests. That's quite a risk.
I think in a lot of western countries masks aren't a thing and won't be. I have not seen people with masks.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 7797
Age : 45

Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Minneapolis Protest Songs   Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 1:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Glower
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glower

Number of posts : 2460
Age : 56

Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Minneapolis Protest Songs   Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 8:59 am

Back to top Go down
Glower
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glower

Number of posts : 2460
Age : 56

Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Minneapolis Protest Songs   Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 5:37 am

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 7797
Age : 45

Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Minneapolis Protest Songs   Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 7:20 am

I find it funny how the US ambassador was urging our local police not to use any violence against protestors back when we were facing civil unrest and manifestations a few months ago lol!.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25523
Age : 49

Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Minneapolis Protest Songs   Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 9:13 am

Plenty of Megadeth tunes seem appropriate right now...











The next Megadeth album should be a real corker after all this. I dunno know if that makes me happy or sad.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
Troublezone

Number of posts : 13771
Age : 44

Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Minneapolis Protest Songs   Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 9:44 am

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
Troublezone

Number of posts : 13771
Age : 44

Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Minneapolis Protest Songs   Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 10:03 am

Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2985
Age : 51

Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Minneapolis Protest Songs   Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 7:14 pm

Old buddy of mine after his very cool band, The Dig, broke up.






And, not my thing, but they represent:






And, for giggles, a very early Impaler video to lighten the mood [btw, my cat is named after the drummer in this vid].



Back to top Go down
Glower
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glower

Number of posts : 2460
Age : 56

Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Minneapolis Protest Songs   Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 9:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
Troublezone

Number of posts : 13771
Age : 44

Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Minneapolis Protest Songs   Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 10:48 pm

This song is relevant to the looting and vandalism.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Minneapolis Protest Songs   Any Minneapolis Protest Songs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Any Minneapolis Protest Songs
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: