Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Trip down the rabbit hole...I think we're "Effed"...

Go down 
+11
thejokeriv
Witchfinder
tohostudios
Boris2008
corplhicks
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
ZombieHavoc
scottmitchell74
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

My Trip down the rabbit hole...I think we're "Effed"... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Trip down the rabbit hole...I think we're "Effed"...   My Trip down the rabbit hole...I think we're "Effed"... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 7:04 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
mc666 wrote:
It seems that everything is offensive these days & everyone is a victim. I wonder how the kids these days pick & choose which hashtag they want to shield themselves with. So many choices.

They go to their safe space

lol!
Yeah, that whole "safe space" thing makes me want to puke.  One of the best things about college is that it's supposed to be a place for the open exchange of ideas, a place where you can hear other perspectives on things and maybe even learn something in the process.  But not today.  Kids on today's campuses simply want to follow the herd mentality and only "hang" with others who think just like they do.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: My Trip down the rabbit hole...I think we're "Effed"...   My Trip down the rabbit hole...I think we're "Effed"... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 4:22 pm

Interesting thread...
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: My Trip down the rabbit hole...I think we're "Effed"...   My Trip down the rabbit hole...I think we're "Effed"... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 3:10 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Whenever I hear people talk about (or post about, more likely) how political correctness--which you didn't specifically refer to, but I inferred--is "ruining our country" and other nonsense, all I hear is "I miss being able to make shitty racist, sexist and homophobic comments without someone calling me out for being an asshole."

The problem is that it's really absurd what happened thanks to political correctness. You have to see the other side of the coin: Everything is forbidden, everything is considered racist (heck, i recently was in a discussion wether the term "JRPG" for RPG's from Japan is racist...), everything apparently can piss off a minority you never heard about and basically whatever you say, somebody will call you a "hater".

Isn't the new "Ghostbusters" at the moment the best example? People critisized the trailers for it's dreadful "humour", for the horrible CGI, the questionable acting and what happened? They were all shut down with "You are all just sexist" and that is even used to defend the movie "If you don't like this, you're a sexist, racist pig (all the while the movie itself is racist and sexist towards male), regardless of what the people actually say who don't like this abomination and find more than enoug good, valid points that aren't "it's women!" or "it's black woman".
And that is the big problem, we're heading toward a world where nothing that is deemed "negative" is allowed anymore. Where everybody is a winner (competition is not political correct!), everybody is a unique special snowflake and you have to accept everything.

A good example is what is happening here in Germany at the moment. Just a couple days ago several people got visited by the cops with a search warrant simply because they voiced their anger over what is going on here (the "refugee" crisis) since last year in a slightly harsher tone. Despite germany having a free speech law, that apparently is not allowed anymore, so people had to pay harsh fines because they went a bit overboard on Facebook.
Shit like that didn't happen 10 years ago, it didn't happen 20 years ago. You can't tell me the world was a worse place back then when people just were allowed to speak their mind, express their oppinion without getting blasted from all those political correct snowflakes who call the cops or the cops themself watching everything. That's 1984 bullshit right there.

As for the fat thing: That's insane and honestly, i have a couple overweight friends, i don't tell them to lose weight or call them fat sacks of shit but whenever they tell me "i couldn't find the t-shirt i wanted in my size" i roll my eyes and think "why are you doing this to yourself". When you're at 5XL clothes there is something very, very wrong and it's dumb to brush it over with "big is beautiful", "it doesn't matter" or "just let them be the way they want to be" because who is paying for all that in the end (at least in countries with a functioning healthcare system)? We the people do.
I knew from a case where a guy got so fat, he couldn't move, couldn't leave his bed, needed a nurse and caretakers, medicaments and machines and it was all government paid (so taxes) and the guy was even proud of his immense weight. Am i a bad person for thinking this is clearly wrong and he should be forced to lose weight?
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: My Trip down the rabbit hole...I think we're "Effed"...   My Trip down the rabbit hole...I think we're "Effed"... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 3:46 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:
Isn't the new "Ghostbusters" at the moment the best example? People critisized the trailers for it's dreadful "humour", for the horrible CGI, the questionable acting and what happened? They were all shut down with "You are all just sexist" and that is even used to defend the movie "If you don't like this, you're a sexist, racist pig (all the while the movie itself is racist and sexist towards male), regardless of what the people actually say who don't like this abomination and find more than enoug good, valid points that aren't "it's women!" or "it's black woman".

The unfortunate part about the GB thing is that while many, many people saw the trailer and thought it looked bad and not funny, based on content, not gender, there were so many...so many...shitty comments everywhere about them being women. Straight up hateful sexist comments. The movie and studio and director really ran with it, and I've enjoyed that part of their campaign. I'm sure it pisses off the people they intended to, but it cracks me up (and to all those getting pissed at the campaign, I say "come on man, why is everyone so sensitive about everything all the time. You can's say anything without pissing off someone these days. Sad state of our country.").

Seriously though, anyone who thinks there were not a boatload of sexist comments about the GB trailer is...I don't know. Either delusional or not looking at the internet.

Also, we all know who the actual original Ghosbusters were.

No gorilla? No Ghostbusters:

My Trip down the rabbit hole...I think we're "Effed"... - Page 2 Hqdefault
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: My Trip down the rabbit hole...I think we're "Effed"...   My Trip down the rabbit hole...I think we're "Effed"... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 4:00 pm

Also, people forget that you aren't forced to be politically correct. You can still say what you want to say, within the bounds of whatever the like, you know, stuff that constitutes threats and hate speech and all that.

You are allowed, if inclined, to post sexist comments about the Ghostbusters trailer if you want to. Or whatever non-PC avenue you want to take. Free country, bro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Trip down the rabbit hole...I think we're "Effed"...   My Trip down the rabbit hole...I think we're "Effed"... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Trip down the rabbit hole...I think we're "Effed"...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2