Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+6
Lurideath
iamrockerfun
Mglaffas81
MetalGuy71
T-Roy
candlemass
10 posters
AuthorMessage
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!   I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:51 am

🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBSCPcJ8jpg
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!   I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:55 am

WOW, that is awesome. They look so YOUNG! They sound great too!!!!!! 🤘 🤘 🤘
Dang, he's got a whole bunch of killer Sabbath videos on there.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!   I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 10:04 am

Great song. Tony hasn't aged a bit. He must've signed a better contract with the devil than Jimmy Page.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!   I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 10:11 am

AWESOME!

Check out Metallica's covers of Hole in the Sky and Iron Man :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiedBX_pcvA&feature=related
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!   I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 2:09 pm

AMAZING TIME !
AMAZING UNBELIEVABLE ... don't have words ...
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!   I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 2:39 pm

The Black Sabbath stuff definitely rules. No band can cover Black Sabbath ever so I'll skip on the others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!   I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 8:44 pm

You know what must have been so great about that time? Just seeing something like that for the first time. I mean, when I got into music it had all been done before, mostly. Sure, I got grunge and nu-metal and metalcore, but that's not quite the same. There are times where a band like System Of A Down comes along and just transcends all boundaries and creates something unique, but the individual parts aren't.

But back in the 70s, it must have been pretty awesome to witness a band like Sabbath just bring something totally new to the table.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!   I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 9:41 am

Eyesore wrote:
You know what must have been so great about that time? Just seeing something like that for the first time. I mean, when I got into music it had all been done before, mostly. Sure, I got grunge and nu-metal and metalcore, but that's not quite the same. There are times where a band like System Of A Down comes along and just transcends all boundaries and creates something unique, but the individual parts aren't.

But back in the 70s, it must have been pretty awesome to witness a band like Sabbath just bring something totally new to the table.

Yeah my uncle is a great Black Sabbath fan and he saw all this great sh*t. My dad too but he's like 6 years younger than my uncle.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!   I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 9:49 am

Eyesore wrote:

I've often thought about that when I listen to Van Halen's debut. Sure, it was old news by the time I'd heard it, but think about the very first time someone put the needle down to the vinyl and heard "Eruption". Nobody played guitar like that. It must've blown some minds.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!   I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 10:03 am

I do envy people who experienced what you guys are talking about. Being there for the first time....yeah, I bet minds were blown....
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!   I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 1:28 pm

Gotta love Don Kirshner! I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! 604261
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!   I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 10:53 pm

Yeah Eyesore nailed it on the head. It was just so different for the time and fresh. I think i've been fortunate enough to see a few new young bands live in the last year doing something fresh and original that i'm going to be talking about in years to come, in relation to being there for the first time.
The Don Kirshner's Rock Concert show must of been great seeing all the great artists perform on it whether it was Black Sabbath or ABBA. The great thing about it was the format of it was like a 'concert' the artists would perform 3-4 songs, rather than if you see a band on tv now you would just get them performing just one song usually the latest single.
Heres a clip of a band on the Don Kirshner Rock Concert from about 1974 that were like Sabbath in doing something completely different and new at the time, their must of been a few people who tuned into this incendiary performance and went to themselves what the hell was that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9b5KKtyLiw&feature=related
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!   I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 11:07 pm

rattpoison wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9b5KKtyLiw&feature=related
Johhny Thunders was the BALLS, man! headbanger
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!   I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 5:31 am

Lurideath wrote:
The Black Sabbath stuff definitely rules. No band can cover Black Sabbath ever so I'll skip on the others.

i would say metallica do a very good job of covering sabbath

wow my hair is kinda like ozzies from 1975 which i like very much
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!   I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm Looking Through A Hole In The Skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1