Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alan Young RIP

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

Alan Young RIP Empty
PostSubject: Alan Young RIP   Alan Young RIP Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 8:45 am

I didn't see a mention of this elsewhere on the board, but thought it would be of interest to folks who grew up with this guy like I did.

He passed on May 19th at 96 years of age. Nice, long life. Still sad to see him go.

It's not that often you have a voice that becomes "iconic" for anything other than marketing purposes, but Alan OWNED that character and helped give a lot of depth to the role (not something you'd expect given its origins).

Personally, I was beyond pleased when he came back to voice the character a few years ago for the remake of the old Ducktales NES game. It was just a great nostalgia ride and a hell of a lot of fun to play. Hearing THAT voice while playing was just icing on the cake.

Anyway, thanks for the good times, Alan.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Alan Young RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Young RIP   Alan Young RIP Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 11:22 am

He was also known as "Wil-burrrrrrr" on the old Mr. Ed TV show.

Useless trivia: Mr. Young was born in England and "Alan" was a stage name. His birth name was Angus Young. No sh*t.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Alan Young RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Young RIP   Alan Young RIP Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 12:46 pm

I thought the name rang a bell.

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t23500-rip-wilburrrrrrr

I didn't know he was Scrooge McDuck though. Or named Angus Young. Cool.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

Alan Young RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Young RIP   Alan Young RIP Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 8:13 am

Well, he just earned more respect from me for that! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Alan Young RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Young RIP   Alan Young RIP Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 9:08 am

I learned the "Angus" thing from the local rock-radio morning show, they were talking about Mr. Young's passing and the DJ sez when he learned that his real name was "Angus" he nearly fell out of his chair, haha.

I even checked it out on Wikipedia when I got to work that morning just to make sure that he wasn't full of sh*t. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

Alan Young RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Young RIP   Alan Young RIP Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 6:38 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

Alan Young RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Young RIP   Alan Young RIP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alan Young RIP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: