Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aversion - Fit to Be Tied (1992)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Aversion - Fit to Be Tied (1992) Empty
PostSubject: Aversion - Fit to Be Tied (1992)   Aversion - Fit to Be Tied (1992) Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 10:33 am

Anyone familiar with this thrash/crossover disc from '92? I picked it up randomly at a Goodwill store last week. I'd never heard'em before but I vaguely remembered reading some decent reviews of it in metal mags back in the day.

Anyway, it's pretty bad-ass. Snotty, tight, high speed thrashin' stuff. Reminds me of Killing Is My Business...Megadeth and Kill'Em All Metallica, smashed together with early Suicidal Tendencies/C.O.C. (before they went all  Southern Rock.)

Full album on The Tube:

Not a bad pickup for two bucks, I'd say.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Aversion - Fit to Be Tied (1992)   Aversion - Fit to Be Tied (1992) Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 10:38 am

Never heard it, but I know I've seen it in used bins over the years. Judging from the cover, I probably just assumed it was death metal and not my thing.

Doesn't sound half bad. I doubt I'd seek it out now, but for a $2 investment, I'd say you got a bargain, Fredd-o.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Aversion - Fit to Be Tied (1992)   Aversion - Fit to Be Tied (1992) Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 3:54 pm

I have the album. Good stuff! The vocals are very young Hetfield-esque (Kill 'Em All). I think they were considered Crossover thrash (but leaning more toward the punk side).
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Aversion - Fit to Be Tied (1992)   Aversion - Fit to Be Tied (1992) Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 7:20 pm

I have it as well.

Even though they hardly sounded like 80s Metallica musically, I would say the lead singer sounded more like (1980s era) James Hetfield than any other vocalist I can think of that people say sounds like James Hetfield.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Aversion - Fit to Be Tied (1992)   Aversion - Fit to Be Tied (1992) Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 7:14 am

Required Fields wrote:
the lead singer sounded more like (1980s era) James Hetfield than any other vocalist I can think of that people say sounds like James Hetfield.

The guy from Jesus Freaks copped a pretty good "young Hetfield" too if memory serves.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Aversion - Fit to Be Tied (1992)   Aversion - Fit to Be Tied (1992) Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 12:56 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
the lead singer sounded more like (1980s era) James Hetfield than any other vocalist I can think of that people say sounds like James Hetfield.

The guy from Jesus Freaks copped a pretty good "young Hetfield" too if memory serves.

This guy sounds a lot like baby Hetfield as well.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Aversion - Fit to Be Tied (1992)   Aversion - Fit to Be Tied (1992) Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 4:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

It's been about 12 years since I heard any songs by JF, but yes, he sounded like him too, at least on the first album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Aversion - Fit to Be Tied (1992)   Aversion - Fit to Be Tied (1992) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 9:12 am

I just discovered that there's an S.O.D. "Ballad of..." style hidden track at the end of this CD. They play the first few bars of Metallica's "For Whom the Bell Tolls" and then go "You're DEAD!"

...when this was a new release I probably would've been absolutely mortified by their disrespect, but now I'm like "OK, that's pretty funny." Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aversion - Fit to Be Tied (1992)   Aversion - Fit to Be Tied (1992) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aversion - Fit to Be Tied (1992)
Page 1 of 1