Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ordained Fate (1992)

Go down 
+9
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
candlemass
MetalFRO
kmorg
Temple of Blood
Stender
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Ordained Fate (1992) Empty
PostSubject: Ordained Fate (1992)   Ordained Fate (1992) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:58 am

Ordained Fate (1992) 0-------------359_01_14_2008_4_54_56_Ordained%2520Fate%2520-%2520ST

Dusted off this oldie today for the first time in a while. Anyone else remember this mid-paced Christian thrash band? What made them stick out (for me anyway) was the fact that three out of the four band members were women... not that you'd be able to tell from the band photo on the back, all you can see is leather jackets and mops of hair (haha). The only guy in the band was the drummer. Stylistically I'd say they were in the same ballpark as JUSTICE-era Metallica, with a hint of late 80s Megadeth. They had some cool in-yer-face lyrics, especially the tracks "Let's Make A Deal," "The Election" ("I want to go to Washington and I'll do anything to win") and "Gold Cross." Marge Curtner's vocals were similar to Mustaine's angry snarl. Pretty neat stuff, but it didn't get much notice at the time of its release (1992), presumably because the musical landscape was changing and this style of metal was falling out of favor. They did release a follow up to this album (I believe it was called GLIMMER OF HOPE) in the mid 90s but I've never heard that one (it seems to be harder to find than this debut). Is it worth seeking out?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ordained Fate (1992)   Ordained Fate (1992) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Wow! Now there's a CD I haven't heard in a while. Will have to pull that one out and give it a spin this week.

While I'm at it, gonna spin some SUSPENDED as well. All female thrash band.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Ordained Fate (1992)   Ordained Fate (1992) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 12:28 pm

I heard of this band back when the old blastbeats.com site was still up and back when I was buying anything that was labeled Christian thrash. I was to scared to order it because I wasnt sure if I was going to like it though...I read some review that was saying it was really groovy sounding, and being one that despises groove metal and groove in thrash, I didnt want to risk it.

I thought it was pretty cool that they were pretty much all women in the band....reminded me of Meanstreak.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ordained Fate (1992)   Ordained Fate (1992) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 12:34 pm

Stender wrote:

I thought it was pretty cool that they were pretty much all women in the band....reminded me of Meanstreak.

Yea, Meanstreak were pretty bad-a$$ chicks. They were like Metal Church with PMS. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Ordained Fate (1992)   Ordained Fate (1992) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 1:17 pm

I bought it and didn't care for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ordained Fate (1992)   Ordained Fate (1992) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 1:33 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Wow! Now there's a CD I haven't heard in a while. Will have to pull that one out and give it a spin this week.

Do you still have that disc for me, Ult?

I like the first Ordained Fate much more than the follow-up. I think Glimmer of Hope sounded really "rushed".

There were some very cool Christian metal bands out during that period that never went any where. Jesus Freaks comes right to mind.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Ordained Fate (1992)   Ordained Fate (1992) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 2:05 pm

I have both of their albums, but they never really clicked all that well with me. If this was an all male band, I don't think they'd be able to cut a record deal.....

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ordained Fate (1992)   Ordained Fate (1992) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 2:22 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Do you still have that disc for me, Ult?

I do. I have a little box I've started for you with "stuff" in it. 🤘

Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Ordained Fate (1992)   Ordained Fate (1992) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 12:15 am

kmorg wrote:
I have both of their albums, but they never really clicked all that well with me. If this was an all male band, I don't think they'd be able to cut a record deal.....

I'll take "Glimmer of Hope" off your hands if you want - I've been looking for that one for a long time! Very Happy

Yeah, good CD, the debut. I spun "Gethsemane" on my show the other night. Not my favorite thrash, but it rages when I'm in the right mood.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Ordained Fate (1992)   Ordained Fate (1992) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 7:37 am

I had both at one time, didn't care much for either, not sure if I still have them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Ordained Fate (1992)   Ordained Fate (1992) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 8:46 am

This was an alright release.Much better than their second.Still nothing spectacular.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ordained Fate (1992)   Ordained Fate (1992) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:45 am

Never hear of them, but Freddy's write-up got me intrigued. Sounded pretty interesting. \'arry \'eadbanger Then as I scrolled down and read some of the other comments I became less interested. Sad

Still might check 'em out though. Amazon has a few cheap copies.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ordained Fate (1992)   Ordained Fate (1992) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:46 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
as I scrolled down and read some of the other comments I became less interested. Sad

Me 'n' Unca Sax liked it... isn't that enough recommendation for you? Laughing

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ordained Fate (1992)   Ordained Fate (1992) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:53 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
as I scrolled down and read some of the other comments I became less interested. Sad

Me 'n' Unca Sax liked it... isn't that enough recommendation for you? Laughing

True, but Temple of Blood is usually spot-on in his assessments. He's a tough critic. Rolling Eyes

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Ordained Fate (1992)   Ordained Fate (1992) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 9:09 am

Sorry, MwtalFRO. Nothing in my collection is for sale..... Very Happy

Metal student
Metal student
Navouhodonosor

Number of posts : 130

PostSubject: Re: Ordained Fate (1992)   Ordained Fate (1992) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:40 pm

Average imho...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ordained Fate (1992)   Ordained Fate (1992) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:00 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
I bought it and didn't care for it.

Me too...kinda boring.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Ordained Fate (1992)   Ordained Fate (1992) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:25 am

Have/had the pictured album on tape (don't know where it is now) and remember somewhat liking it. Couldn't say now unless I find the tape again or stumble on the CD used somewhere.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ordained Fate (1992)   Ordained Fate (1992) Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 3:47 pm

Serious thread necro-bump...

Ordained Fate (1992) Of_cap10

According to the Ordained Fate FB page (yes, that's a thing, because even bands that have been defunct for 20+ years have FB pages) a reissue of the self-titled album from 1992 is in the works. Release date is July 14th.

https://girdermusic.com/collections/pre-orders/products/ordained-fate-ordained-fate-cd-2019-legends-of-rock?fbclid=IwAR1pZMdjDxL5iEZ6vCSaD0o6M6bqRt2A2FSHaiQyZTGURciFe6qRbZJ83DI

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ordained Fate (1992)   Ordained Fate (1992) Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 4:57 pm

Meh. I recently revisited my copy and found it to be sorta boring. It went bye-bye. Guess I'm fortunate to get rid of it before this proposed reissue snuffed-off any demand for the original.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Ordained Fate (1992)   Ordained Fate (1992) Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 7:21 pm

At the time it was decent enough but it hasn't aged well.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Ordained Fate (1992)   Ordained Fate (1992) Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2019 2:43 pm

I remember loving their demo (I still have that cassette) I liked the debut, but it lacked the raw intensity of their demo, IMO.
Still; I did listen to the debut frequently back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ordained Fate (1992)   Ordained Fate (1992) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ordained Fate (1992)
Page 1 of 1