Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which Sabbath Next ?

Go down 
+15
Thelemech
ZombieHavoc
Lari
MoonChild
Gilbert
chewie
Fat Freddy
candlemass
Boris2008
Required Fields
mc666
Wurthless
BearOnUnicycle
Glower
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which Sabbath Next ?
Seventh Star
Which Sabbath Next ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Which Sabbath Next ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
Headless Cross
Which Sabbath Next ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap64%Which Sabbath Next ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 64% [ 16 ]
Tyr
Which Sabbath Next ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%Which Sabbath Next ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 24% [ 6 ]
Forbidden
Which Sabbath Next ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Which Sabbath Next ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

Which Sabbath Next ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Sabbath Next ?   Which Sabbath Next ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 1:04 pm

the deluxe edition of Eternal Idol is fantastic too, if you haven't heard that one yet. It includes the Gillen demos of the album (which I think are better than the finished project, to be honest).
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Which Sabbath Next ?   Which Sabbath Next ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 8:53 pm

Wurthless wrote:
the deluxe edition of Eternal Idol is fantastic too, if you haven't heard that one yet. It includes the Gillen demos of the album (which I think are better than the finished project, to be honest).

No, they are not better.

Great package though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Which Sabbath Next ?   Which Sabbath Next ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 10:07 pm

I think Gillen's vocals fit the music better than Tony Martin. And "Ancient Warrior" is a much better track for it especially.

Don't get me wrong, I like Tony Martin a lot, but Gillen's vocals are pretty much better suited to the songwriting. The Headless Cross was where Tony Martin fits in better, with the more power-metal-doom hybrid stuff. In my eyes, of course.

Last edited by Wurthless on Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i was a little baked)
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Which Sabbath Next ?   Which Sabbath Next ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 11:18 pm

Too late, my mind is already conditioned for Tony's vox, in most cases whatever we get accustomed to first will be the one we like...unless of course the first one sucked!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Which Sabbath Next ?   Which Sabbath Next ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 5:41 am

candlemass wrote:
If you haven't yet, get the deluxe edition of "Seventh Star." You get a remastered version of the original recording, plus a second live disc from that tour w/Ray Gillen on vox. Unless you can find the others at a decent price, I'd wait for the re-issues...

That might be the smartest thing to do. And it makes sense, too, as Seventh Star precedes the others if you wish to proceed in a chronological order.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Which Sabbath Next ?   Which Sabbath Next ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 7:34 am

I got a lot of action on this thread - interesting thoughts -
I love Eternal Idol - I hear the cover art...are actual people, painted in gold.
I saw the deluxe packages - they FINALLY are making CD's worth the buck !
I also heard King Diamond - HATES his remasters ' whoever did them, wasn't me'
Sabbath, many years after the releases - are like collector items now ?
I have to smile, but makes since, chronological order Smile it is
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Which Sabbath Next ?   Which Sabbath Next ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 9:07 am

candlemass wrote:
Wurthless wrote:

No, they are not better.

As good as the Martin Eternal Idol is, I also like the Gillan versions better. That bonus disc is well worth the moeny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Sabbath Next ?   Which Sabbath Next ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which Sabbath Next ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2