Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock

Go down 
+10
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
corplhicks
tohostudios
thejokeriv
choosemetal
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
14 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock Empty
PostSubject: Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock   Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 2:38 pm

A Motorhead live package recorded a month before Lemmy's death will be released in May.

Clean Your Clock was recorded on November 20 and 21 last year during the band's shows at the Zenith in Munich, Germany, and will be issued on May 27 via UDR.

It will be available in coloured 2LP gatefold with pop-up art, CD, DVD/CD, Blu-ray/CD and digital formats. A box set containing the 2LP, DVD and CD as well as a metal Motorhead medal has also been produced.

And a limited edition version of the box set will also be released, featuring a gold or silver version of the Motorhead medal.

Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock Tmb_mh_cleanyourclock

Live Intro
Bomber
Stay Clean
Metropolis
When the Sky Comes Looking for You
Over the Top
Guitar Solo
The Chase Is Better Than the Catch
Lost Woman Blues
Rock It
Orgasmatron
Doctor Rock Pt 1
Drum Solo
Doctor Rock Pt 2
Just 'Cos You Got the Power
No Class
Ace of Spades
Whorehouse Blues
Overkill

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock   Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 3:05 pm

I'll buy it, but Lemmy sounded awful in those concerts so I don't expect anything great.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock   Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 3:10 pm

Yea, by most accounts, Lemmy wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders towards the end there. Those shows could be a little dicey.

Not too thrilled with the cover art either. Looks like they spent a whole 30 seconds designing it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39602

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock   Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 3:20 pm

Seems like a quick cash grab by the record company to me. I'm not interested in it.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock   Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 5:21 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I'll buy it, but Lemmy sounded awful in those concerts so I don't expect anything great.  

007 wrote:
Seems like a quick cash grab by the record company to me. I'm not interested in it.

Yah, I don't know Lemmy wasn't doing so well seems like a cash grab.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock   Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 6:06 pm

Tag line - "See one of Lemmy's final performances from his death bed. Live in Germany"

Pass
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock   Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 6:59 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

No disrespect to the man but did Lemmy ever sound good?  He's the main reason I have no Motorhead albums because I've always thought his vocals were terrible.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock   Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 8:18 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Tag line - "See one of Lemmy's final performances from his death bed. Live in Germany"

Pass

Yeah this really seems rather morbid.

And that cover looks like a bootleg!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock   Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 8:42 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

No disrespect to the man but did Lemmy ever sound good?  He's the main reason I have no Motorhead albums because I've always thought his vocals were terrible.

There is a marked difference in the quality of his vox the last few years. It's very evident live and noticeable on the newest album. It almost sounds like someone doing a bad Lemmy impersonation. I will probably grab this at some point, but I don't see it getting much spin time vs. classics like "No Sleep Til Hammersmith " or "Everything Louder than Everything Else" as those, to me, are essential live listening for the 'Head.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37649

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock   Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Geez, they barely waited till he was cold.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock   Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 9:32 pm

It really does come off as a money grab.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock   Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:06 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I've been a fan since I was about 15 and his vocals never bothered me. And I'm pretty picky when it comes to vocalists. An acquired taste I guess, but they always fit the tone of the music, if that makes sense. To paraphase a line from 'Pulp Fiction' "Personality goes a long way". David Lee Roth wasn't the best singer either, but his personality made up for it. Same with Lemmy.

There was a serious, notable decline in the last few years though. I'd be hesitant to pick up this new live album for that reason, among others.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock   Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:50 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I've been a fan since I was about 15 and his vocals never bothered me. And I'm pretty picky when it comes to vocalists. An acquired taste I guess, but they always fit the tone of the music, if that makes sense.

Lemmy and Motorhead were definitely an acquired taste for myself, but once his voice finally clicked with me, I went out on a spending spree.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock   Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 6:34 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I've been a fan since I was about 15 and his vocals never bothered me. And I'm pretty picky when it comes to vocalists. An acquired taste I guess, but they always fit the tone of the music, if that makes sense.

Lemmy and Motorhead were definitely an acquired taste for myself, but once his voice finally clicked with me, I went out on a spending spree.

I can relate to that. Lots of bands I originally dismissed due to the vocals ended up being standard fare on the Toho playlist (like Dire Straits and Ministry to name a couple of examples).

I did own one Motorhead CD at one time though and it was solely because of this track:

I still love that song! That and "Ice Of Spides"

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock   Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 11:19 pm

Between his obvious not so good last performances and the fact this looks like a cash grab, I think I'll pass...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock   Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 9:01 am

I may grab it at some point, but it will be more to complete the discography then something I think will spend alot of time spinning it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock   Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 1:06 pm

Mehhhh...nothing interesting here.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock   Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 8:39 pm

manny wrote:
I may grab it at some point, but it will be more to complete the discography then something I think will spend alot of time spinning it.

That's where I am at, too.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock   Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 9:46 am

tohostudios wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I assume you say the same thing about UDO and Brian Johnson?
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock   Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 6:23 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I assume you say the same thing about UDO and Brian Johnson?

Udo yes, Brian Johnson not as much. He's no Bon Scott but I can stomach his screeching for some reason. Go figure.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock   Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 9:53 am

I can only take Udo in small doses. Probably which is why I have so few Accept albums and only 2 or 3 solo UDO discs. He sounds like a muppet being strangled.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock   Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 6:27 pm

I suspect there will be a plethora of live albums popping up from Motorhead in the future.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock   Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 6:28 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I can only take Udo in small doses. Probably which is why I have so few Accept albums and only 2 or 3 solo UDO discs. He sounds like a muppet being strangled.

Hey I resemble that comment! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock   Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motorhead Live Album - Clean Your Clock
Page 1 of 1