Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's your favorite Dio-related album?

Go down 
+27
corplhicks
akeldama
journeyman
mr.electric39
MoonChild
MetalGuy71
manny
Wrecked Neck
James B.
Troublezone
Gilbert
tohostudios
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
80s Metal Lady
Boris2008
nevermore
Glower
Wurthless
Lari
BearOnUnicycle
Witchfinder
ZombieHavoc
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Elf
What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Rainbow '75
What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Rising
What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 5 ]
On Stage
What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Long Live Rock N' Roll
What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Heaven and Hell
What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 10 ]
Mob Rules
What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Holy Diver
What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 13 ]
The Last in Line
What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Sacred Heart
 0% [ 0 ]
Dream Evil
What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Dehumanizer
 3% [ 1 ]
Magica
 0% [ 0 ]
The Devil You Know
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 40

AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Dio-related album?   What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 9:55 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I voted "On Stage" for sentimental reasons.

When I was in college my roommate and I developed a drinking game around how many times Dio yelled "Awright".  We'd do a vodka shot for each time.  

We could get totally hammered just by listening to the first track of Side 2 (on vinyl back then).  He must say that 5 times just leading into the tune (either that or my alcohol tolerance then isn't what it is now \'arry \'eadbanger ),   But if you listen to the whole album and do a shot every time Dio says "Awright!" I guarantee you'll be hammered by the time it's over.

That's awesome, toho. Smile
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Dio-related album?   What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 9:58 pm

I noticed that "Sacred Heart" has no vote(s) and I know there's not a lot of love for that one here at HoM, but I always liked it. Abuddy of mine lent me the cassette indefinitely back in High School ( cuz he hated it) and I preceeded to play the sh!t out of it. And, yes, I still have the tape today as well as the CD release and CD deluxe edition.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Dio-related album?   What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 1:54 am

Such a hard choice, but one of my favorites not on the list is Dio Live Inferno: Last in Live. That is an amazing live Cd, but my vote went to Holy Diver. I love just about everything on that list though, and next week my vote might have been different, but had to go with what really got me into Dio. That album was such a huge part of my childhood I can still smell the incense I used to burn while listening to it in my bedroom after I smoked some bong hits. It was one of the first records I played onmy first real stereo system.

Really hard choice though.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Dio-related album?   What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 4:31 am

'Heaven and Hell', for Black Sabbath to come back with a vocalist so total opposite then Ozzy, and make it work is a testament to how good the music is that Dio helped create with that band
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Dio-related album?   What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 9:07 am

the sentinel wrote:
I noticed that "Sacred Heart" has no vote(s) and I know there's not a lot of love for that one here at HoM, but I always liked it.

Me too. It really is a toss up of the first 3 Dio albums for me, as far as my favorite of the band's records. I probably listen to SH the most of the three. I listened to it several times this week.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Dio-related album?   What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 9:53 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
I noticed that "Sacred Heart" has no vote(s) and I know there's not a lot of love for that one here at HoM, but I always liked it.

Me too. It really is a toss up of the first 3 Dio albums for me, as far as my favorite of the band's records. I probably listen to SH the most of the three. I listened to it several times this week.

Same here. I wouldn't list it near the top but I like it quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Dio-related album?   What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 9:55 am

We....are coming....HHHHHOOOOOMMMMMMEEEE !!!!
We're off to to witch - we may never never never come home !!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Dio-related album?   What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 10:18 am

I went with Sabbath's Mob Rules, but I could've easily gone with any of the Rainbow albums as well. Dio's solo stuff never appealed much to me. I'm good with a 2 disc comp that gives me all the sword & sorcery I need.

I recently picked up the Elf albums, and while they are miles away stylistically, they're a fun listen. I dig a good boogie-woogie piano from time to time.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Dio-related album?   What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 10:03 am

Holy Diver
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Dio-related album?   What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 12:46 pm

Holy Diver is my favorite... but like alike of others Heaven and Hell is right there also...

I just found HD to be completely solid top to bottom... right players, right songs right time... and it still holds up...

Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Dio-related album?   What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 6:48 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:

Holy Diver is my favorite...  but like alike of others Heaven and Hell is right there also...

I just found HD to be completely solid top to bottom... right players, right songs right time... and it still holds up...

Yes, H&H was quite a surprise. I like all of Dio's catalog, say for maybe Elf. Never owned those albums. Rainbow, BS/H&H, and solo were different, yet brilliant and awesome.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Dio-related album?   What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 7:07 pm

H & H would have been my next vote after On Stage. 

Not being a big Sabbath fan I was pleasantly surprised by that one.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Dio-related album?   What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 9:30 pm

Dehumanizer
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Dio-related album?   What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 10:58 pm

akeldama wrote:
Dehumanizer

Good one! I really like that album. "I" is one of my favorite Dio-sung songs.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Dio-related album?   What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 10:59 pm

I still need to replace my cassette with a CD for that one. But, yeah, it's a good 'un.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Dio-related album?   What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 11:21 pm

manny wrote:
'Heaven and Hell', for Black Sabbath to come back with a vocalist so total opposite then Ozzy, and make it work is a testament to how good the music is that Dio helped create with that band

Ditto.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Dio-related album?   What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 11:24 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:
akeldama wrote:
Dehumanizer

Good one! I really like that album. "I" is one of my favorite Dio-sung songs.

"I" is such a rad song. The thing about Dehumanizer is that it seemed to bring back that Doomy Sabbath sound and is my favorite Sabbath album just a tad ahead of Mob Rules but it's so tough to choose over that, Rising, Long Live Rock 'n' Roll or Angry Machines for me.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Dio-related album?   What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 10:03 pm

I went w/Holy Diver, that lp just blew me away when it first came out!

We do need some Dio lp polls...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Dio-related album?   What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 8:54 pm

Went with Heaven and Hell. I love the Dio Sabbath albums, up to and including The Devil You Know. What a great final studio piece!
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Dio-related album?   What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 5:45 am

Dream Evil today. Tomorrow could be something else...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Dio-related album?   What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 6:41 am

Picked Last In Line because it is the first one I bought from Columbia House on cassette. Love that album. But it also reminds me of the time around 1998 or so when around 2 AM my wife and I were awakened by "We are coming.... HOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEE!". We lived in a townhouse and the guy next door had it at full volume. So I went outside and looked into his back sliding glass door and he was passed out on the floor with music turned up loud. The door was unlocked so I went in and shook him to make sure he wasn't dead. He sobered up pretty quick with my wife and I standing there and was very apologetic. He came over the next afternoon and apologized again.

But yeah, Last In Line for me or The Beast Of Dio because to me it has the best tracks from the catalog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Dio-related album?   What's your favorite Dio-related album? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2