Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

D-Beat Punk

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

D-Beat Punk  Empty
PostSubject: D-Beat Punk    D-Beat Punk  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 8:19 pm

Originally as a sub genre from Hardcore punk, D-Beat is a drum beat that the band, Discharge used and credited for by many future bands. It's described as chaotic drum beat accomplished by distorted harsh guitar and thunderous bass. Lyrics are ranged from Nuclear war to sociopolitical issues. There are numerous of bands all over the world from Sweden to Japan that played D-Beat punk including Disclose, Disfear, Bombardeo, Skitsystem, Wolkpack/wolfbrigade, Extreme Noise Terror, Mob 47, Crutches, Anti-Cimex, Diskonto, Disarm, Ratos De Porao (hardcore side), Shitlickers, Totalitar, Venomous Concept, Wartorn, Avskum, and so on.

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

D-Beat Punk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-Beat Punk    D-Beat Punk  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 8:40 pm

I love D-beat. Especially the crusty variety. I was unfamiliar with Bömbärdeo. I need to find some more of them.

D-Beat Punk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-Beat Punk    D-Beat Punk  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 3:20 am

Not something that I'm widely familiar with, but I've initially associated that style of drumming with many of the NWOBHM bands. Think Diamond Head's "Helpless" and Angel Witch's "Sweet Danger", albeit more metal than punk.

Discharge might've been the most widely known innovators, but you could still go back a few years and trace its footsteps towards what would make it be what it is today. Buzzcocks' "You Tear Me Up" was written and recorded in 1978. Motörhead hadn't even released Overkill yet, and even that album was still bluesy.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

D-Beat Punk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-Beat Punk    D-Beat Punk  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 11:03 am

A whole bunch of off-topic name calling/prick waving has been removed from this thread. Don't make me get the hose.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

D-Beat Punk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-Beat Punk    D-Beat Punk  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 11:11 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
A whole bunch of off-topic name calling/prick waving has been removed from this thread. Don't make me get the hose.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
666_Evil_666
Metal student
Metal student
666_Evil_666

Number of posts : 162

D-Beat Punk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-Beat Punk    D-Beat Punk  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 1:03 am

Who's being a bunch of pissy eyes in here? Crank that shit up, and have some fun with your bitchwhores \,,/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

D-Beat Punk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-Beat Punk    D-Beat Punk  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

D-Beat Punk
Page 1 of 1