Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We've had this discussion before but...

Go down 
+11
James B.
Troublezone
mc666
Thrasher73
mlotek
choosemetal
MetalGuy71
metalinmyveins
DakotaRogers
Boris2008
ultmetal
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

We've had this discussion before but... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We've had this discussion before but...   We've had this discussion before but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 12:34 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
nobody ever mentions the band that is my favorite thrash band...its like they are forgotten...

I was just wondering this morning if anyone had mentioned Sacred Reich (I haven't read all the lists). They are a top 10 for sure, in my opinion. In fact, "Surf Nicaragua" is the first non-cover and non-Metallica thrash song I ever heard (Megadeth's cover of "No More Mr Nice Guy" and also "One" were the actual first).
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: We've had this discussion before but...   We've had this discussion before but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 12:42 pm

I'm a big fan of Sacred Reich, but I guess I got into them a little too late to consider them as influential to me. I will agree though that they seemed to get overlooked when it comes to thrash discussions in general.

And I will now be pulling some SR from the archives for a fresh listen. I should rip their stuff to the computer too.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: We've had this discussion before but...   We've had this discussion before but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 12:56 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:
nobody ever mentions the band that is my favorite thrash band...its like they are forgotten...

I was just wondering this morning if anyone had mentioned Sacred Reich (I haven't read all the lists). They are a top 10 for sure, in my opinion. In fact, "Surf Nicaragua" is the first non-cover and non-Metallica thrash song I ever heard (Megadeth's cover of "No More Mr Nice Guy" and also "One" were the actual first).

They were important, they, along with Nuclear Assault and to a lesser extent Metallica brought sociopolitical issues into a thrash scene that was mostly about violence and satan.

I dug 'em
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: We've had this discussion before but...   We've had this discussion before but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 11:17 pm

brokentulsa wrote:

Along with State of Euphoria by Anthrax and the post-Bonded by Blood Exodus albums, it's a prime example of the dreaded whiffle thrash style.

Also, most tr00 thrashers are still bitching about that damn "31 Flavors" song, for whatever reason.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We've had this discussion before but...   We've had this discussion before but... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We've had this discussion before but...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2