Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What music styles do you listen to:

Go down 
+8
outofstep
DallasBlack
mc666
stormspell
GrandNational
KissinMaiden
SideShowDisaSter
krokus
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

What music styles do you listen to: Empty
PostSubject: What music styles do you listen to:   What music styles do you listen to: Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 2:34 pm

I think we already did this ones on this forum but lets do it again. What styles to you listen to:
Me:
HARD ROCK
HEAVY ROCK
HEAVY METAL
EPIC METAL
GLAM/SLEAZY METAL
SPEED METAL
THRASH METAL
DEATH METAL
BLACK METAL
WHITE METAL
THRASHCORE
PUNK METAL
CRUST
HARD AOR
POWER METAL
TRUE METAL
And for shore i forgot about some 🤘
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: What music styles do you listen to:   What music styles do you listen to: Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 3:16 pm

Mostly Thrash and Speed metal, a bit of Power metal, and some Death metal.

Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: What music styles do you listen to:   What music styles do you listen to: Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 3:36 pm

THRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and many others
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: What music styles do you listen to:   What music styles do you listen to: Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 3:54 pm

KissinMaiden wrote:
THRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and many others

Here is the place to name those others 🤘
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: What music styles do you listen to:   What music styles do you listen to: Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 4:42 pm

Anything hard, loud, and heavy!
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: What music styles do you listen to:   What music styles do you listen to: Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 5:50 pm

It's easier for me to list what metal styles I do NOT listen to:

Grunge
Alterna
Modern
NWOAHM
EMO
Sludge
Drone
Grind

Very few selected bands from the following genres:
Black
Death
Progressive
Gothic
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell

PostSubject: Re: What music styles do you listen to:   What music styles do you listen to: Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 6:36 pm

Quote :
It's easier for me to list what metal styles I do NOT listen to:

Grunge
Alterna
Modern
NWOAHM
EMO
Sludge
Drone
Grind

Same... All the band with a singer who's not singing but only shouting words that we can't understand.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What music styles do you listen to:   What music styles do you listen to: Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:21 pm

i've been known to listen to anything guitar driven that falls into a catagory of "hard music". metal, hard rock, grunge, punk & all of their many sub genres. i love it all.

PostSubject: Re: What music styles do you listen to:   What music styles do you listen to: Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 10:06 pm

Thrash Metal
Speed Metal
Black Metal (the 90's stuff plus the "1st Wave Of Black Metal)
Death Metal
NWOBHM
Classic Heavy Metal
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What music styles do you listen to:   What music styles do you listen to: Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 10:48 pm

I can listen to just about any heavy metal/hard rock music. That being said I get very bored with most metalcore (I do like some Demon Hunter, The Showdown, Bullet For My Valentine, etc.), I like very little Nu Metal (Godsmack, Sevendust, Disturbed, Machine Head, Disciple, and a select few others) and even then not much, I like a few emo bands if they have some real metal influence (old Underoath), some music considered grunge (Soundgarden, a little Pearl Jam, and Alice In Chains) but only one that can really be called grunge, and I like some alternative music (pre-King For A Day Faith No More, Primus, and very little else).

As you can see I like a lot of variety, however my favorite genres are:

1) Power & Speed [tie] 2) Progressive 3) Goth [doom/death and symphonic] 4) Thrash 5) Extreme [death, black, grind, etc.]
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: What music styles do you listen to:   What music styles do you listen to: Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 10:50 pm

@ Dallas: when did Machine Head become "nu-metal"?

outofstep
Metal novice
Metal novice
outofstep

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: What music styles do you listen to:   What music styles do you listen to: Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 11:25 pm

Well, obviously I'm a huge metal fan, otherwise I wouldn't be here, but other than metal:

punk (I actually prefer punk to metal, but it's close)
hardcore

That's about it. 99% of my collection is either punk or metal related.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: What music styles do you listen to:   What music styles do you listen to: Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 1:38 am

anything rock! hahahaha

mostly hard rock and heavy metal.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: What music styles do you listen to:   What music styles do you listen to: Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 2:04 am

Glam
Hard
Hair
Shock
Cock
Heavy
Trash
Melodic
Classic
Rock
Jazz
Blues
Instrumental
Shredding
Progress

HATE Grunge ! what a crap style !
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: What music styles do you listen to:   What music styles do you listen to: Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 3:38 am

Thrash/Speed
Power
Doom
Traditional/Nwobhm

take up most of my time.
Back to top Go down
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: What music styles do you listen to:   What music styles do you listen to: Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 3:40 am

mc666 wrote:

You had to ask? Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC4YR2bfVfg
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What music styles do you listen to:   What music styles do you listen to: Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 3:43 am

mc666 wrote:

The Burning Red album had heavy nu-metal qualities to it. After reading your reply I checked on Wikipedia and now I realize they went back to their roots with Through The Ashes Of Empires (I will check it out now that I know). However, with Burning Red I thought they turned nu-metal on everyone so I never gave them anymore thought. One thing that I'm guilty of sometimes, as are a lot of people, is that if I feel a band has "sold out" I stop listening to them (Theatre Of Tragedy is a great example except they really did sell out).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: What music styles do you listen to:   What music styles do you listen to: Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 4:34 am

ensiferum2k wrote:
mc666 wrote:

You had to ask? Laughing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC4YR2bfVfg

Aaaaaahahaha, LMAO! Laughing very hard sick

Seriously, I've crossed Machine Head long time ago - in 2001 to be exact when at the Thrash of the Titans beneficiary concert for both Chucks the "mega rock-star" Robb Flynn declined to participate... such a :defleppard: act!

Now I see I havent missed much anyway... jumping on stage playing Korn... could it be worse? haha Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: What music styles do you listen to:   What music styles do you listen to: Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 7:55 am

DallasBlack wrote:
mc666 wrote:

The Burning Red album had heavy nu-metal qualities to it. After reading your reply I checked on Wikipedia and now I realize they went back to their roots with Through The Ashes Of Empires (I will check it out now that I know). However, with Burning Red I thought they turned nu-metal on everyone so I never gave them anymore thought. One thing that I'm guilty of sometimes, as are a lot of people, is that if I feel a band has "sold out" I stop listening to them (Theatre Of Tragedy is a great example except they really did sell out).
cool, thanks for the answer. i do not own The Burning Red or Supercharger because i had heard that they were weak. i wasn't aware they were nu-metal albums. i just remember how Rob was saying in an interview about how much The Cure had influenced the songwriting on the former, so i stayed away.

PostSubject: Re: What music styles do you listen to:   What music styles do you listen to: Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 12:16 pm

I love a lot of styles of music. I'm a person of variety!

I am first and foremost a metalhead though. I can't get away from that. So ... what I'll do is list my favorite metal genres first, then list the rest:

1. Gothic Metal
2. Power Metal
3. Thrash Metal
4. Classic Metal
5. Doom Metal
6. AOR/Hard Rock
7. Glam Metal
8. Black/Death Metal
9. Metalcore

other stuff:

1. Synthpop/Darkwave
2. Goth
3. Industrial
4. Trance
5. New Age/Ambient
6. Classic Rock
7. Alternative/Janglepop
8. Grunge
9. Pop
10. Old school Country/Alternative Country
11. Folk

I pretty much like it ALLL!!!

The stuff I don't care for as much:

Prog (though I do like Rush, but I consider them more hard rock)

Jazz

Blues (though I appreciate it)

R&B

Rap Hip Hop

New Country
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: What music styles do you listen to:   What music styles do you listen to: Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 1:11 pm

Rock
Hard Rock
Metal - Classic, Thrash and Doom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What music styles do you listen to:   What music styles do you listen to: Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 3:08 pm

I listen to good music. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What music styles do you listen to:   What music styles do you listen to: Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 4:48 pm

of course, LOTS of every genre of metal...especially thrash, power metal, blues metal, classic & progressive. Some glam metal, the kind with good musicianship =) and punk influences.

I enjoy a lot of 80's alternative & goth, and occasionally I'll listen to old-school rap if I'm in the mood.

Also classic rock but NOT the popular songs every radio station on earth plays ad nauseum. I actually hate almost everything on the radio, just cause of the repetition, I crave variety.

In all honesty I like some music from every era dating back to the 1920's. and I LOVE a lot of the classical composers which date back even further especially Pachelbel, Tschaikovsky, Paganini, Beethoven, & Mozart.

Newer rap, hip-hop, r&b, etc. completely makes me itch. Same for top forty and 99.9% of what's in the mainstream. UGH. Predictable, cliched lyrics, so-called 'hooks' that make me want to press delete in my brain if I happen to hear them once.

and emo is not and will not ever be tolerable in my world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What music styles do you listen to:   What music styles do you listen to: Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 4:59 pm

metallikitty wrote:
Newer rap, hip-hop, r&b, etc. completely makes me itch. Same for top forty and 99.9% of what's in the mainstream. UGH. Predictable, cliched lyrics, so-called 'hooks' that make me want to press delete in my brain if I happen to hear them once.
Check out Nappy Roots. They rule.

Quote :
and emo is not and will not ever be tolerable in my world.
New emo or old? Fugazi was emo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What music styles do you listen to:   What music styles do you listen to: Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 5:37 pm

didn't know that about Fugazi. I don't know if I have ever even heard them, but I have heard of them.

I just mean the 'emo' that has taken over the 'scene' as of late.

I don't know what Panic! At the Disco is considered but I think that they really, really suck. I give a lot of slack to singers but that guy doesn't even sound like he's trying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What music styles do you listen to:   What music styles do you listen to: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What music styles do you listen to:
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next