Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rage - The Devil Strikes Again

Go down 
+4
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
Lari
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Rage - The Devil Strikes Again Empty
PostSubject: Rage - The Devil Strikes Again   Rage - The Devil Strikes Again Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 7:28 am

Rage - The Devil Strikes Again Rage-the-devil-strikes-again

http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/music/band/news/details/4226800.71031.rage-to-release-new-album-on-june-10th.html

Bassist/vocalist Peavy Wagner commented:
"Here comes RAGE's hardest record in years! The title says it all and we have captured the band's unique spirit of our classic works. The cover reflects the music - hard and straight!"

It will be available as a 3CD DIGI (limited to 1,000 copies; Nuclear Blast Mailorder-exclusive), 2CD DIGI, and 2LP (black, white). All editions contain six bonus tracks (incl. three cover versions of RUSH, SKID ROW, and Y&T). The 3CD DIGI also features a bonus live CD from the latest European tour with HELLOWEEN and C.O.P. UK.

There's an EP and a video for new song "My Way"

Track list:
Spoiler:

Track list on that live CD is the exact same as when I saw them a week ago
Spoiler:

http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/products/tontraeger/cd/3cd-digi/rage-the-devil-strikes-again-deluxe.html
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Devil Strikes Again   Rage - The Devil Strikes Again Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 8:34 am

Yes ! Looking forward to this one ! Too bad we have to wait til June.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Devil Strikes Again   Rage - The Devil Strikes Again Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 9:44 am

I liked Rage a lot in the 90s and '00s, but I lost track of them at least three or four albums ago now ...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Devil Strikes Again   Rage - The Devil Strikes Again Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 11:15 am

I preordered the 3CD set. It's 3 months away, but I wasn't sure how popular those are and didn't want to be left without one.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Devil Strikes Again   Rage - The Devil Strikes Again Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 11:35 am

I'd get that 3 disc version but since that 3rd disc is a live one, I'll pass on it. Live albums never really clicked with me.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Devil Strikes Again   Rage - The Devil Strikes Again Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 2:05 pm

New Rage! I'm in. 2016 keeps getting better.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Devil Strikes Again   Rage - The Devil Strikes Again Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 6:24 pm

Sounds pretty sick. And a cover of Slave to the Grind? cool
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Devil Strikes Again   Rage - The Devil Strikes Again Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 6:42 pm

It's not made clear immediately in my first post, but there will be a basic 1 disc version out too that doesn't contain the 3 cover songs and 3 bonus tracks.

So make sure you order the right edition.

That 2CD version will be available everywhere though, so it's not necessary to pre-order. But the third disc, if you want it, is a Nuclear Blast Europe exclusive. Even their US website doesn't list it.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Devil Strikes Again   Rage - The Devil Strikes Again Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 10:01 pm

A Rush and Y&T cover, h3ll yeah.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Devil Strikes Again   Rage - The Devil Strikes Again Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 10:17 pm

That's an interesting Rush song to cover.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Devil Strikes Again   Rage - The Devil Strikes Again Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 11:44 pm

Don't need the live disc, but I will definitely nab the 2CD version. Hell yeah. Cover looks pretty old school, too.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Devil Strikes Again   Rage - The Devil Strikes Again Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 12:27 am

Interview about the new album

Interesting stuff about breaking up the old band.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Devil Strikes Again   Rage - The Devil Strikes Again Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 9:11 am

New song and a lyric video on the Nuclear Blast Youtube channel:

There's a little bit of that Black in Mind -era vibe to it. But obviously more modern.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Devil Strikes Again   Rage - The Devil Strikes Again Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 3:00 am

It's out. My copy is expected to ship Monday.

Anyone have it already?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Devil Strikes Again   Rage - The Devil Strikes Again Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 2:59 pm

Lari wrote:
It's out. My copy is expected to ship Monday.

Anyone have it already?

A colleague of mine got it. We played a few samples. It sounds very good.

Can't wait for my copy.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Devil Strikes Again   Rage - The Devil Strikes Again Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 5:37 pm

I got mine yesterday. I didn't play all the tracks yet, I'm taking it slow. But the opener is very hard. It's a lot like Concrete Wall from the previous album. Works for me. I like it.

My Way I already knew, and it's a pretty powerful track.

I only got through the first 5 tracks so far, and I've played the first two tracks about half a dozen times by now. The other 3 I still need more time with.

The packaging comes with short descriptions of each song, and Peavy explains the meaning of the lyrics.

I had the bonus live disc (Live in Warsaw 2016) with me in the car yesterday. It's good. Very raw and genuine. And this time the sound quality is actually good enough to give this more spins, unlike the Live in Tokyo disc that came with 21. That one had horrible audio quality.

I'll get to the remaining five album tracks and the bonus studio disc later. It's just great to have a new Rage CD.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Devil Strikes Again   Rage - The Devil Strikes Again Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 1:36 am

Official video for the title track:

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Devil Strikes Again   Rage - The Devil Strikes Again Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 3:24 pm

album is very good but not easily accessible. at least so far.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Devil Strikes Again   Rage - The Devil Strikes Again Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 12:45 pm

I'm really loving the sound of the band. Awesome album.

Lately I've also played a lot of their older albums. In fact, I'm going through them chronologically. Only problem, I don't have the first two or the Avenger one. And I'm not buying them, since apparently they will be reissued soon.

Great interview video:

They seem to be really enjoying doing Rage. And a bit of a diss towards Smolski there at the end from Peavy.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Devil Strikes Again   Rage - The Devil Strikes Again Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 12:49 pm

Latest rage i picked up was reflections of a shadow. A great listen from start to finish.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Devil Strikes Again   Rage - The Devil Strikes Again Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 1:20 am

Gilbert wrote:
Latest rage i picked up was reflections of a shadow. A great listen from start to finish.

I love all the tracks on it, except Can't Get Out. That song is not their finest moment.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Devil Strikes Again   Rage - The Devil Strikes Again Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 5:25 am

Lari wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I love all the tracks on it, except Can't Get Out. That song is not their finest moment.

I am glad that most of their early catalogue was re-released. I managed to catch up on their older albums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Devil Strikes Again   Rage - The Devil Strikes Again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rage - The Devil Strikes Again
Page 1 of 1