Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

#1 Metal album on your wantlist?

Go down 
+21
kethdredd
Temple of Blood
James B.
Citanul
Thrasher73
corplhicks
journeyman
nevermore
sovdat
Glower
muckie
Boris2008
Thelemech
Witchfinder
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
Lari
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

#1 Metal album on your wantlist? Empty
PostSubject: #1 Metal album on your wantlist?   #1 Metal album on your wantlist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 6:46 am

What is on top of your wantlist?

I have been looking for the Great Gods of Greed cd for a couple of years [for less than $50] now.  Sure, it is available for dl, but what fun is that.  I finally contacted the band yesterday and they are just sending me one for nuttin'.  Score!

So, now I am on the lookout for Agony Column - Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles [good luck with that, right?].  What is your most highly desired metal album?

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: #1 Metal album on your wantlist?   #1 Metal album on your wantlist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 7:14 am

Raven - All for One

I've been wanting this for a long time, but it seems to go for stupid prices.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: #1 Metal album on your wantlist?   #1 Metal album on your wantlist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 8:37 am

Lari wrote:
Raven - All for One

I had no idea until recently that this CD was such a collector's item. I'm friends with John Gallagher on Facebook and when I saw a copy of All For One going for some ridiculous price on Amazon ($495 or something like that), I sent him the link as a goof. He replied "Damn! Maybe I should look into printing some of them up myself!" Laughing very hard

Now that I think about it, Raven's Wiped Out isn't cheap, either... which is why it's the only Raven studio album that I still don't have on CD. I knew I should've grabbed it as a "new" release when Spitfire reissued it in the late 90s but I snoozed, so I loozed.

As for my absolute Holy Grail, wish-I-had-that, I-would-gladly-give-up-a-kidney-to-own-it CD, I guess it would be X-Sinner's Get It, or perhaps Barren Cross' Rock For The King (Star Song version). Both of those have been on my wantlist for a loooooong time.

(BC reissued a cheap digipak of RFTK a year or three ago, I suppose I should just order one of those and be done with it. )

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: #1 Metal album on your wantlist?   #1 Metal album on your wantlist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 9:48 am

Well, I knocked #4 of the list yesterday, but I don't think #1 is coming home any time soon. It's the "Powerlove" EP by Lion. If you don't consider them Metal, #2 is Accept's "Predator" which is the only studio album of theirs I don't own. Like an ass, I had this one in hand a few years back and of course put it back cause I already had too many CD's in hand that week. Of course, it was gone the next week. I have done pretty well with the top 10 the last few years; mainly due to my wife giving some of the more expensive ones as bday and xmas gifts. I posted my top 75 wants in the collector's corner section if anyone wants to help me out. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: #1 Metal album on your wantlist?   #1 Metal album on your wantlist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 9:49 am

I've been on the hunt for this one for some time now...
#1 Metal album on your wantlist? 61R-GfEumrL

Other than that, I've pretty much given up on finding anything super rare anymore. The few times I have chased down something, I've built it up in my mind so much that when I actually got the cd, it was disappointing.

I guess Lemmy was right. The chase IS better than the catch.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: #1 Metal album on your wantlist?   #1 Metal album on your wantlist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 9:55 am

Rottweiller - rage of war.

Too hard to find around here. But i ain't losing hope.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: #1 Metal album on your wantlist?   #1 Metal album on your wantlist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 9:55 am

Good question.  I finally scored my number one this week - nwobhm metal rarities volume 3.  I now have all three volumes.  As an aside, I own those x-sinner, girl, and raven discs.  Suckers.  Smile
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: #1 Metal album on your wantlist?   #1 Metal album on your wantlist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 10:22 am

Freddy - You got Raven - Mad? That is very high on my list.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: #1 Metal album on your wantlist?   #1 Metal album on your wantlist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 10:30 am

Gilbert wrote:

Good luck on that one, brother. I find it hard to even find any of his solo material other than on the bay.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: #1 Metal album on your wantlist?   #1 Metal album on your wantlist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 10:31 am

It use to be all the Tony Martin Sabbath albums, but I have since gotten all of those. Now it would probably be Live At Hammersmith Odeon from Dio fronted Sabbath. I have a great sounding bootleg of it but I would really like to own a real copy.

Last edited by Thelemech on Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: #1 Metal album on your wantlist?   #1 Metal album on your wantlist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 10:32 am

I might have to continue my Raven collection on LP and cassette as the CD's are just too pricey and hard to find.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: #1 Metal album on your wantlist?   #1 Metal album on your wantlist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 10:33 am

the sentinel wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Good luck on that one, brother. I find it hard to even find any of his solo material other than on the bay.

Actually some collector might be able to hook me up with a copy. Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: #1 Metal album on your wantlist?   #1 Metal album on your wantlist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 10:33 am

I was looking for this one too for the longest time...
#1 Metal album on your wantlist? 51jMNnnZOQL
It's mostly a collection of stuff that Lemmy appeared on outside of Motorhead. I eventually tracked down most of the tunes, so I stopped looking for it. And now that Lem is gone, the price really jumped. Still would be nice to have it though.

Witchfinder wrote:
As an aside, I own those x-sinner, girl, and raven discs.  Suckers.  Smile

#1 Metal album on your wantlist? 43731-mr-rogers-middle-finger-gif-I7sN

What a Face

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: #1 Metal album on your wantlist?   #1 Metal album on your wantlist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 10:36 am

I really should take a break from the "want list" as I have about 30+ CD's I haven't cracked the wrapping on yet. It seems like if I pick up more than one album in a week, one of them gets ignored if the other is really great. Also, I have been falling into a bad habit of listening online and then when I get a copy, it sits unopened as I have heard the album a half dozen times already.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: #1 Metal album on your wantlist?   #1 Metal album on your wantlist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 11:16 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I was looking for this one too for the longest time...
#1 Metal album on your wantlist? 51jMNnnZOQL
It's mostly a collection of stuff that Lemmy appeared on outside of Motorhead. I eventually tracked down most of the tunes, so I stopped looking for it. And now that Lem is gone, the price really jumped. Still would be nice to have it though.

Witchfinder wrote:
As an aside, I own those x-sinner, girl, and raven discs.  Suckers.  Smile

#1 Metal album on your wantlist? 43731-mr-rogers-middle-finger-gif-I7sN

What a Face

lol!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: #1 Metal album on your wantlist?   #1 Metal album on your wantlist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 11:17 am

the sentinel wrote:
Accept's "Predator" which is the only studio album of theirs I don't own.

That's not too expensive to find second hand.

Here, I frequent this online shop for good deals:
http://www.medimops.de/accept-predator-audio-cd-M0B00000AOQ3.html

Though they do charge €4 for shipping to US (for 1-2 CDs, so preferably find something else to ship it with).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: #1 Metal album on your wantlist?   #1 Metal album on your wantlist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 11:18 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Freddy - You got Raven - Mad?  That is very high on my list.

I don't have it on CD, but I still have the old cassette in a drawer someplace... haha.

The songs from it were spread across the three Mayhem/Fierce CD reissues of Stay Hard, Pack Is Back and Life's a B***h as bonus tracks, which is good enough for me.

To the best of my knowledge, Mad was never released as a stand-alone CD, unless you know somethin' I don't....?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: #1 Metal album on your wantlist?   #1 Metal album on your wantlist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 11:19 am

Gilbert wrote:

Gilbert, I got my copy of that album here: http://www.sentinelsteel.com/HellionRecords.html

He might still have some copies.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: #1 Metal album on your wantlist?   #1 Metal album on your wantlist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 11:21 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

I don't have it on CD, but the songs from it were spread across the three Mayhem/Fierce CD reissues of Stay Hard, Pack Is Back and Life's a B***h as bonus tracks, which is good enough for me.

To the best of my knowledge, Mad was never released as a stand-alone CD, unless you know somethin' I don't....

Believe it or not, but Mad was released last year in Japan on CD. Tower Records in Japan has been doing a ton of reissues lately.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: #1 Metal album on your wantlist?   #1 Metal album on your wantlist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 3:51 pm

Lari wrote:
Raven - All for One

It depends on what you class as stupid. I got a good quality 2002 pressing for £21 on eBay. If you see one with a low start price jump on it because I don't think that demand is as high as some of the jokers on Amazon would have you believe. The best example of that was a vinyl copy of the Spinnerette album, which fair enough has become a collectors item and it sells around £100-150 usually but some guy from Japan was asking £5,995!! I don't know why anyone would go to the bother of listing something at a price no-one would ever pay.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: #1 Metal album on your wantlist?   #1 Metal album on your wantlist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 3:54 pm

My most wanted album is Subrosa - Strega, only released on CD very scarce and now very pricey!
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: #1 Metal album on your wantlist?   #1 Metal album on your wantlist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 4:12 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Other than that, I've pretty much given up on finding anything super rare anymore. The few times I have chased down something, I've built it up in my mind so much that when I actually got the cd, it was disappointing.

LOL! I take it that they aren't really girls at all? Being a fan of glam rock/visual kei, etc. I always find that kind of stuff funny. Reminds me of this one korean rock group called Mr. Girl. Laughing

Anyways, I don't actually have any rare CDs that I want in the metal genre. Most of the popular ones are more of a matter of just getting around to buying them as they're not that rare. Maybe the only pricey one I want at the moment is X Japan's Singles: The Atlantic Years collection. It tends to be pricier than the average used CD but is not really rare, per se. Maybe about 15-20 used. For domestic CDs, I'd like to have Ratt's first EP to complete my Ratt studio albums. Owned it in the past, but sold it for some dough when I needed it at the time. Wouldn't mind getting another copy, though. It's the only one that I currently want in metal that's actually rare.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: #1 Metal album on your wantlist?   #1 Metal album on your wantlist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 4:15 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I don't have it on CD, but the songs from it were spread across the three Mayhem/Fierce CD reissues of Stay Hard, Pack Is Back and Life's a B***h as bonus tracks, which is good enough for me.

To the best of my knowledge, Mad was never released as a stand-alone CD, unless you know somethin' I don't....

Believe it or not, but Mad was released last year in Japan on CD.  Tower Records in Japan has been doing a ton of reissues lately.  

Fo'realz? Dang. I don't do Japanese CDs anymore but that would be a sweet nugget to have.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: #1 Metal album on your wantlist?   #1 Metal album on your wantlist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 4:19 pm

muckie wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

LOL! I take it that they aren't really girls at all? Being a fan of glam rock/visual kei, etc. I always find that kind of stuff funny. Reminds me of this one korean rock group called Mr. Girl. Laughing

Nah, just a bunch a English nancy boys caught up in the glam excess of the late 70's/early 80's. They're mostly notable for having Phil Lewis (LA Guns, in the center) and Phil Collen (Def Leppard to his right) in their ranks.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: #1 Metal album on your wantlist?   #1 Metal album on your wantlist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 4:33 pm

Witchfinder - wow - that Setinel site has a lot to choose from !
It's funny, for me to think back, as if I had no metal collection....
and what was on the list THEN....the absolutes - POW !!!!
I recentrly loaned my STEELER ( Keel/Malmsteen ) to someone -
now I'm finding out - it's not an easy score !
Ted Nugent has a song Tied Up In Love - that CD's not cheap either -
Satan - Court in the act, I have been looking for - etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: #1 Metal album on your wantlist?   #1 Metal album on your wantlist? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

#1 Metal album on your wantlist?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next