Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sleazy metal album covers

Go down 
+9
Required Fields
Rex
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Shiney
ultmetal
Troublezone
kmorg
Metal Misfit
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Sleazy metal album covers Empty
PostSubject: Sleazy metal album covers   Sleazy metal album covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 12:03 am

I'm working an article for my site about sleazy album covers but I'm a bit stumped. I'm specifically looking for covers from the 80s era of hair & sleaze.

So far, all I can think of is the original Slippery When Wet, Great White's Down On Your Knees, and Scorpions' Animal Magnetism (Lovedrive as well). I've been digging for images online, but there's not exactly a database for this (I don't think Smile ).

Of course, credit will be given to anyone who points me in the right direction.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sleazy metal album covers   Sleazy metal album covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 12:26 am

What about Scorpion's "Virgin Killer"? If that ain't sleaze - I don't know what is!!!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Sleazy metal album covers   Sleazy metal album covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 1:01 am

blackieboy wrote:
What about Scorpion's "Virgin Killer"? If that ain't sleaze - I don't know what is!!!
Pedophilia is not an option!!! Very Happy

I just found a bunch more. Looking for the typical sexual innuendos/obscene situations hair bands are known for:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sleazy metal album covers   Sleazy metal album covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 1:12 am

Sleazy metal album covers 966 Sleazy metal album covers F61020lz627
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Sleazy metal album covers   Sleazy metal album covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 2:27 am

W.A.S.P. - F*ck Like A Beast

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Sleazy metal album covers   Sleazy metal album covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 2:30 am

Masi - Downtown Dreamers

PostSubject: Re: Sleazy metal album covers   Sleazy metal album covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 3:04 am

Did someone edit my post?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Sleazy metal album covers   Sleazy metal album covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 3:18 am

no

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Sleazy metal album covers   Sleazy metal album covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 4:29 am

Ted Nugent - If you can't lick em, lick em.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Sleazy metal album covers   Sleazy metal album covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 7:59 am

Ratt - Invasion of Your Privacy

Ratt - Out of the Cellar

Lizzy Borden - Love You To Pieces

Uncle Slam - Heaven or Hollywood

Guns N Roses - original cover to Appetite of Destruction

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Sleazy metal album covers   Sleazy metal album covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 8:28 am

I'll help out here over the weekend when I have time....I'm late for work....

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sleazy metal album covers   Sleazy metal album covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 8:39 am

Uncle Slam - Heaven or Hollywood? I never heard of that record. I thought When God Dies was their last release?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Sleazy metal album covers   Sleazy metal album covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 9:47 am

Check out some of these censored covers...

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/censored/censored.shtml

Some were already mentioned here, but there's a few others.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sleazy metal album covers   Sleazy metal album covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 10:23 am

I never knew Pantera's original cover art was that sick atrocity! I don't see why the Poison one was censored? Gene Simmons walks around doing that same tongue gesture in real life.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: Sleazy metal album covers   Sleazy metal album covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 10:30 am

The Mentors' album covers define "sleazy"...

Sleazy metal album covers 61HDJ8GA5WL._AA240_ Sleazy metal album covers 61GFXG86ZSL._AA240_

Ahhh yeah... fat chicks in cages, skanks in lingerie worshipping guys with beer guts and executioner's hoods... that's ROCK N ROLL baby!

Last edited by on Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:48 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Sleazy metal album covers   Sleazy metal album covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 10:41 am

Thanks, guys!

I think Great White's 'On Your Knees' is one of my favorite album covers of all time.

Sleazy metal album covers On

I guess I'm just a misogynist at heart. Razz
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Sleazy metal album covers   Sleazy metal album covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 10:45 am

troublezone wrote:
I never knew Pantera's original cover art was that sick atrocity! I don't see why the Poison one was censored? Gene Simmons walks around doing that same tongue gesture in real life.

Yea, I never really understood the Poison one either. I guess it was just the record company being overly-sensitive in the height of the PMRC-days. I believe that the remasters have the orginal cover restored.

If you think the Pantera one is bad, look up the thread for bad album covers and find Type O Negative's Origin of the Feces (just not when you're eating)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: Sleazy metal album covers   Sleazy metal album covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 10:53 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

If you think the Pantera one is bad, look up the thread for bad album covers and find Type O Negative's Origin of the Feces (just not when you're eating)

Laughing very hard I apologize in advance for ever posting that Type O cover.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Sleazy metal album covers   Sleazy metal album covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 12:03 pm

The "cencored" Bon Jovi cover I know I've seen on vinyl. Maybe on a single release?

And the Pantera one my friend has on his Pantera longsleeve shirrt, albeit with different colors.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Sleazy metal album covers   Sleazy metal album covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 12:06 pm

Hmm, the more I look at those censored covers, I'm thinking this is some sort of US censor. I know most of them were released in Europe.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Sleazy metal album covers   Sleazy metal album covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 12:13 pm

kmorg wrote:
Hmm, the more I look at those censored covers, I'm thinking this is some sort of US censor. I know most of them were released in Europe.

Absolutely. Most, if not all of these are exclusively United States censors. Who knows what some kid might do if he saw a hint of breast or a whisp of pubic hair on an album cover. Luckily these things were shielded from us and the US is now a perfect country.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Sleazy metal album covers   Sleazy metal album covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 12:24 pm

I have the Pantera version with the censored cover. yay me? lol
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Sleazy metal album covers   Sleazy metal album covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 12:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Absolutely. Most, if not all of these are exclusively United States censors. Who knows what some kid might do if he saw a hint of breast or a whisp of pubic hair on an album cover. Luckily these things were shielded from us and the US is now a perfect country.

Laughing very hard

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Sleazy metal album covers   Sleazy metal album covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 12:39 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I've also found a bit more myself. I'm looking to use them all in a future installment.

Here's the link to the article if you'd like to read it. Don't be shy about leaving a comment either. Smile
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Sleazy metal album covers   Sleazy metal album covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 12:50 pm

Cool site, Metal Misfit! Wish I still had my Skeletor action figure to send you! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Sleazy metal album covers   Sleazy metal album covers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sleazy metal album covers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next