Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister

Go down 
+11
metalinmyveins
thejokeriv
Thelemech
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Glower
Troublezone
the sentinel
mc666
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2016 4:53 pm

Watched this last night...One thing that I think the film really brought out was that The record industry has never understood heavy metal...When you have a band like twisted sister or van halen who sells out huge clubs and auditoriums and sells tons of merchandise week after week ..month after month...without a record deal you have to wonder why the labels still think they suck and that no one would buy their music and refuse to sign them...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 10:07 am

This was a great doc. Very informative and I loved all the old footage. I knew that Twisted was started by Jay Jay and was his band, but I didn't know how long they were around before Dee finally joined the fold.

And yea, it' seems utterly ridiculous now to see how a "club band" could be so successful and consistently sell out venues for so long and get nary a nibble from a label.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 8:22 pm

Finally got around to seeing this on Netflix. It kept me glued to the screen. Was never a fan of them, but give them props for how they kept at it for all those years in the beginning.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2019 7:37 pm

I got about an hour into this and was loving...then my daughter woke up from her nap! Haha. Will finish watching later tonight. So far, the old footage is great and I had no idea Animal was in the Dictators. Not that I am a fan, but, I just didn't know. Also, like MG said, they were around and slogging it out fo years in the clubs before the "big break" came.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 8:39 pm

Finished the film a little while ago. Excellent. Highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 11:29 am

T.S were never that good.
They have more songs I dislike then like.
They would of been a good opening act at a large concert venue -
but to headline ? ? They weren't at that level.
That level is Iron Maiden, Kiss, AC DC, Scorpions, Bon Jovi
Twisted Sister had a gimmick - sure -
but they were just another band, really, for 500 - 800 people clubs.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2022 1:02 pm

Crazy unusual guitar solo - showcasing Edie Ojeda.
About 3 minutes !
Listened to the double cd this morning.
It’s not bad. From 84.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2