Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016

Go down 
+25
akeldama
DallasBlack
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
Wurthless
SideShowDisaSter
corplhicks
Thelemech
manny
Boris2008
chewie
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
DakotaRogers
James B.
thejokeriv
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
tohostudios
exact33
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 1:38 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Q: The Winged Serpent" (1982)

Summoned by an ancient ritual, a giant winged Aztec serpent God arrives in New York City, takes up residence atop the Chrysler Building and begins snacking on unlucky Manhattanites. Fortunately, the NYPD - led by David "Kung Fu" Carradine - are up to the monster-fightin' task.
Larry ("It's Alive") Cohen's tongue-in-cheek cult classic creature feature looks like it was made on a budget of six bucks and a broken cracker but it gets great mileage out of its gritty early '80s New York locations and its charmingly cheap-n-cheesy monster effects.

This is on my playlist.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 2:24 pm

I love that movie!  I think Michael Moriarity is a riot in the lead role.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 8:45 pm

Son Of Zorn

Very dodgy.  Sometimes amusing, sometimes funny but mostly stupid.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 10:44 am

Quote :
This is on my playlist.

Quote :
I love that movie! I think Michael Moriarity is a riot in the lead role.

It was a lot of fun. I hadn't seen "Q" since it first hit HBO around 1983 or so...I remember being disappointed with it back then. I was only around 13 years old at the time so I don't think I quite "got" that it was meant to be tongue in cheek.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 10:49 am

I actually saw "Q" in a movie theater in Allentown, PA.  I think there were about 4 people in the theater.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19232

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 1:33 pm

Anthropophagous 2000
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 10:39 am

American Horror Story Season 6 . This one took an interesting turn with the documentary style of story telling. Hard to tell where they're going with this but it's pretty much always been that way. I'll keep watching this one (never finished season 5).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 11:13 pm

Binge watching Season 2 of Gotham in preparation for the season premier Monday.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 8:05 am

"Scorpions: Forever and a Day" (2015)

The German hard rock legends look back on their decades-long career while they prepare for their 2013 "farewell" concert in this cool documentary. In addition to loads of vintage clips and good stories from the band members themselves, famous fans and contemporaries like Paul Stanley, Don Dokken, Anders Frieden of In Flames and Alex Skolnick also make brief appearances to give props to the Scorps.
The bulk of the film is in German (with English subtitles), which might be a deal breaker for some, but it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the flick.
Random observation while watching: the older Klaus Meine gets, the more he looks like Garry Shandling in a leather hat. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 11:02 am

The Cabin In The Woods
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 11:32 am

I love that movie!  Especially seeing it for the first time because you have no idea where it's going.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 11:33 am

Yeah my daughter never saw it before and was blown away by it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 7:11 am

"Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse" (2015)

Two slacker scouts sneak out of a camping trip in the middle of the night to attend a party back home - and wind up smack in the middle of an outbreak of the Undead. Yeah, I hate when that happens too. Fortunately the skills they've learned in scout survival training come in handy for battling flesh-eaters!
This fast-paced, gory ultra-violent and raunchy horror comedy may not be a classic for the ages, but it was entertaining for a one-night rental.

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 12:21 pm

Dual Survival
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 12:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Two slacker scouts sneak out of a camping trip in the middle of the night to attend a party back home - and wind up smack in the middle of an outbreak of the Undead. Yeah, I hate when that happens too. Fortunately the skills they've learned in scout survival training come in handy for battling flesh-eaters!
This fast-paced, gory ultra-violent and raunchy horror comedy may not be a classic for the ages, but it was entertaining for a one-night rental.

I forgot about that one. I remember seeing stuff in the interwebs about it coming out but then it dropped off my radar. Guess I need to see it.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 12:34 pm

I'm going to have to skip ahead to the final several episodes of Gotham or I'll never get to the ones preceding tomorrow's season opener. Fortunately I've already seen all of them so it's not like I'm missing anything but it does mean I'll have to skip the episodes where Pee Wee Herman adopts The Penguin as his son. Those were great.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 3:02 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I forgot about that one.  I remember seeing stuff in the interwebs about it coming out but then it dropped off my radar.  Guess I need to see it.  

It was fun. Prob my fave horror comedy since "Zombieland."

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 6:02 am

Big Bang Theory
Kevin Can Wait
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 10:47 am

Gotham (season premier)

I thought this was kind of a weak opener.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 11:27 am

Last night I caught M. Night Sham-al-lama-ding-dong's 'Unbreakable' on cable.

It's been years, but I remember not caring much for it when I saw it in the theaters. As a follow-up to 'The Sixth Sense', it was a bit of a let-down, however, I found it quite enjoyable this time around.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 6:06 am

Dream Queens season debut
Agents of SHIELD season debut
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 1:45 pm

Ozone
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 8:31 am

"Mallrats" (1995)

Two slackers (Jason Lee and Jeremy London) get dumped by their girlfriends on the same day, so they hang out at the local mall and plot revenge - with some help from Jay and Silent Bob and comics legend Stan Lee.
Kevin Smith's uneven follow up to the still-brilliant "Clerks" has its share of funny bits, but after a while it begins to feel like an hour-long TV episode that's been padded out to feature length.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 8:31 am

Finally startin' to feel like Fall around here... which means it's time to start setting the Halloween movie mood...

"Dark Night of the Scarecrow" (1981)

A posse of local yokels kill a mentally handicapped man they mistakenly suspect of murdering a little girl. Soon the rednecks are being picked off one by one by a vengeance-seeking spirit hiding in the body of a scarecrow. This made-for-TV flick does a nice job of setting a creepy mood and features a great performance by Charles Durning as the leader of the posse.

"Tales From the Crypt" (1972)

Five strangers are drawn to the catacombs beneath a cemetery, where a mysterious Crypt Keeper (Sir Ralph Richardson) spins their tales of woe in this campy British anthology flick from the great Amicus Studio, based on stories from the EC horror comics of the 1950's.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 11:19 am

I remember that Dark Night Of The Scarecrow movie. Both of these are in YouTube, no?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 34 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next