Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guns N Roses Reunion?

Go down 
+29
MetallicSeminarian
manny
exact33
John Madden
Temple of Blood
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
ZombieHavoc
Eyesore
brokentulsa
DallasBlack
Vexer6
Lurideath
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
ShadowAngel
the sentinel
nevermore
Thrasher73
Troublezone
MoonChild
mc666
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
glassprison
metalinmyveins
James B.
Addy
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 2:41 pm

I had no idea this would turn into a piss and moan fest. No wonder i rarely post here anymore.... Heaven forbid that one of my favorite bands is getting back together and many of you here and bitching and freaking moaning about your distaste and hatred of them. F*** !!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote :
But in the grand scheme of life, this forum is pointless...so I don't get why you not only post here but are an admin? Seems pointless.

Makes me wonder why even bother....
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 3:22 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Sentinel's 2 Pennies:

Guns 'n Roses are a polarizing band (much like Kiss, AC/DC, Metallica) that doesn't have many fans living in the middle ground. There are some there, like me, who are lukewarm to the "reunion" and could not and would not afford to go see a concert. But, I will support the band by picking up the inevitable CD/DVD release to see and hear these guys play together again.

I put reunion in quotation marks b/c it is not a full original line up getting back together. That is not an opinion, it's a fact. 3 out of 5 original members is not 5 out of 5 original members.

I have been a member here since 2007 (and a lurker for a few months before joining) and I love this board. I value all posters input, whether negative in a positive thread or vice versa. Without that, we would not have a forum, we would have an electronic bulletin board. There would be no discussion, only a posting of information and likes and dislikes. Compared to some other forums I have visited, this place is extremely civil and tolerant. I could never understand how others (on other forums) could attack with such vitriol and hate another's Race or Religion simply b/c they don't like your "favorite" band /artist. Thankfully no one here is like that.

Yes, all opinions are subjective. We all know that, but sometimes it needs to be stated.

We all love and hold our music dear to us. It has gotten us through some dark times in our lives and has been a "Religion" to us. For those of us that stood with our friends in our denim and leather battle jackets at the mall on Saturday afternoons and took shit for it and for how we looked- you understand. Hard Rock and Heavy Metal music (and all its offshoots) has always been the underground and outcast so we perceive an attack on our fave bands/ artists as an attack on us. So, we circle the wagons and  we act accordingly.

We are all pretty like minded (or else we wouldn't be here) but when someone posts a dissenting opine or simply that they don't like something, we have to remember that "beauty is in the ear of the listener" here. The things that we see and hear that endear us to a band/ artist might very well be the same things that make another's stomach turn and the bile rise in their throat.

The media and MTV are, imho, the ones to blame for the lofty air the highly successful bands float on. A lot of people don't like GnR b/c of Axl. or Metallica b/c of Lars, or Kiss b/c of Gene. I get it. And, as wrong as it may or may not be to be that way, I am guilty of it too.

So, apologies for the long read, but I just had a lot I wanted to comment on. Thanks.

Well put! It was eloquent, well thought out, reasonable, and sensible. And I will have nothing to do with it!
just kidding

If you want to see real arguing, hatred, and vitriol? Read Youtube commentary. I can count my fingers on one hand when someone disagrees with another without cussing or any other ugly language. I read them just for the entertainment value. Also while not as prevalent, the wrestling site I read also has a comment section with ridiculous, but entertaining arguments.

Since this is actually a thread on G&R, this next statement will be my thoughts on their music.

For me, I was infatuated with the melodies that I heard in their singles and music videos. Axl's voice never bothered me as it fit the music well. I got into their music during a rough time in my life (I was bullied unmercifully in middle school) and they were one of the band's instrumental in getting me through it. Estranged, November Rain, Yesterdays, Dead Horse, and Sweet Child O' Mine are some of my favorite songs of all time. Estranged would probably be in my top 20 songs. The haunting melodies, singing guitar solos, and all around beauty of that song sticks with me to this day and no matter what song is stuck in my head, I can always kick it out with this one.

However, apart from radio singles and music videos, I can't get into most of their material. Not sure if it's because of the music or nostalgia (more than likely the latter). I could probably put all the G&R songs I like into one album:

Welcome to the Jungle
Paradise City
Sweet Child O' Mine
Patience
Live and Let Die (Cover)
Don't Cry (Original)
November Rain
Garden of Eden
Dead Horse
Civil War
Yesterdays
Knocking On Heaven's Door (Cover)
Estranged
You Could Be Mine
Since I Don't Have You (Cover)
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 8:02 pm

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/report-axl-rose-will-not-appear-on-jimmy-kimmel-live-tuesday-night/

Ha ha ha...This is totally shocking!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 8:17 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Welcome to the Jungle
Paradise City
Sweet Child O' Mine
Patience
Live and Let Die (Cover)
Don't Cry (Original)
November Rain
Garden of Eden
Dead Horse
Civil War
Yesterdays
Knocking On Heaven's Door (Cover)
Estranged
You Could Be Mine
Since I Don't Have You (Cover)

That is a pretty darn good list, my friend.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 9:40 pm

GnR would not rank as a favorite band, nor would I personally care to see them on a reunion tour. But that does not mean I consider them untalented, nor does it mean I don't like some of their music. There are a lot of great tunes on Appetite (I listened to that one a ton in high school) as well as some great stuff scattered on UYI (confession: I've always loved November Rain).

Also, while I'm not big on Axl's vocals, Slash has one of the greatest guitar tones I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 1:15 am

It's confirmed:

Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 995355_10153989390977439_8660051759164505524_n

It's Official: Reunited GUNS N' ROSES To Play This Year's COACHELLA
The much-speculated reunion of GUNS N' ROSES — featuring singer Axl Rose, guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan — has been officially confirmed for this year's Coachella Music And Arts Festival. The festival will take place over two weekends, April 15-17 and April 22-24, at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California.

GUNS N' ROSES will play two concerts at Coachella: on April 16 and April 23.

McKagan and Slash have both shared the same Coachella announcement image — featuring the GUNS N' ROSES bullet logo against a desert backdrop — on their Facebook pages.

"It's a huge get for Paul Tollett and the Coachella team," Dave Brooks, founder and executive editor of Amplify, an online magazine about the concert industry, told The Press-Enterprise. "It's the biggest reunion since RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE."

Also scheduled for Coachella Music And Arts Festival is the return of LCD SOUNDSYSTEM as well as OF MONSTERS AND MEN, FOALS, HALSEY, JAMES BAY, RANCID, M83, and more.

Tickets go on sale Wednesday, January 6 at 11:00 a.m. via Coachella.com.

According to U.S. music industry magazine Billboard, GUNS N' ROSES is also currently in negotiations to do a 25-date football stadium tour in North America next summer for which they're asking $3 million per show. The most expensive tickets for the shows are slated to sell for between $250 and $275.

Rose and Slash will be featured in the lineup, with bassist Duff McKagan also involved. There is no word on whether original guitarist Izzy Stradlin or drummer Steven Adler will appear. Consequence Of Sound says that Adler's original replacement, Matt Sorum, is also on board, while other reports have suggested that current drummer Frank Ferrer and guitarist Richard Fortus will round out the lineup.

Speculation about a reunion tour has been steady ever since Slash revealed last summer that he and Axl had repaired their friendship after being estranged for nearly 20 years.

The last show Axl and Slash played together was on July 17, 1993 at River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires. The latest incarnation of GUNS N' ROSES, which only included Axl from the original lineup, played a residency in Las Vegas in 2014 but has remained silent since.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/its-official-reunited-guns-n-roses-to-play-this-years-coachella/#bxRbVg8e4XhUjSfB.99
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 10:13 am

Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Blah10

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 11:02 am

^^^ Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 8:15 pm

Up until this thread, I have to confess that I had never heard of "Coachella" as a music festival. I honestly have to research why it's called that as the name sounds more like a women's handbag store than a festival of music.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 8:17 pm

Oh, it's in the Coachella Valley. Makes more sense now but doesn't inform the uninitiated as to there being music somehow involved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 8:18 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Up until this thread, I have to confess that I had never heard of "Coachella" as a music festival. I honestly have to research why it's called that as the name sounds more like a women's handbag store than a festival of music.

It's the name of the valley where the festival is held.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coachella_Valley

The festival is one of the largest in the country and has been going on since 1999.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 9:58 pm

"It's the biggest reunion since RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE."

Cough...Black F*%king Sabbath...Cough!!
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 9:59 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
"It's the biggest reunion since RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE."

Cough...Black F*%king Sabbath...Cough!!

Who? surprised scratch
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 9:18 pm

wait til it falls apart before they ever play a note...

the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 10:27 am

I was wondering if people (not just here, but in general) would care more about the reunion if it happened some time in the last decade and not in the here and now?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 11:12 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
It's exactly the same thing with new albums from veteran bands.  Do you hate them too?

Not if they're good.

Bingo!  That's how I feel about reunions.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 11:20 am

But, ToB, this hasn't happened yet. We have no idea if this will be good or not.
Back to top Go down
Hec_The_Wreck
Metal novice
Metal novice
Hec_The_Wreck

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 4:43 pm

I remember when this band came out and one thing that has always puzzled me is why are they labeled as a metal band, their just some hard rock band with an image as some bad asses that shut down the poser scene,they never did anything for my taste,but what ever turns you on.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 8:39 pm

the sentinel wrote:
But, ToB, this hasn't happened yet. We have no idea if this will be good or not.

Yeah, the whole thing is a dollar short and a day late.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 1:46 pm

the sentinel wrote:

Very rarely do reunions produce great music, or at least music on par with what made us fans to begin with. Usually, they show us why the bands should have stayed broken up.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 1:58 pm

The shows might be good.

I don't think either camp will produce good new original music, together or on their own. If they could have, they would have already.

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 2:01 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Very rarely do reunions produce great music, or at least music on par with what made us fans to begin with. Usually, they show us why the bands should have stayed broken up.

I do not expect new music from the GNR reunion, but there have been a bunch of reunions that yielded new and often good music. There are tons that yielded bad music too, though so.

Sabbath's 13 was quite good, in my opinion. The world would've survived without it, but it's an enjoyable record. The Heaven and Hell album, too.

Exodus' Tempo of the Damned came out and was immediately one of my favorite from their discography...it went downhill a bit after, but I still enjoyed a lot of their output and though they swapped singers for a bit, the whole thing was obviously not a one-off reunion (they had been broken up before Tempo, right? I think).

Not metal, but punk band The Boys released one of 2014's best albums and it fit right in nicely with their 70s output. Similarly, The Sonics put out one of my favorite 2015 records, and it picked up right where their 60s stuff left off.

I would never be opposed to a reunion of a band I like (I know you mentioned not caring about GNR anyway, so that doesn't apply here). For what it's worth, when I went to see Star Wars (which was already a goosebump-fest), I saw that promo thing with just live clips with "...Jungle" playing over them, and I got goosebumps at that.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 5:28 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Celtic Frost's Monotheist being a notable exception.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 12:18 pm

For those of you keeping score at home, the latest round of rumors is that Steven Adler will perform only a song or 2 with Axl, Slash & Duff. Current GnR drummer Frank Ferrer will play most of their Coachella set. Izzy may or may not show up, as he is wont to do.

Matt Sorum recently replied "no comment" to his involvement, leading to speculation that he could be involved at some point while lawyers are working on a contract.

While I'm still on the fence on the whole reunion idea, I'll admit that all the talk has re-sparked an interest in all things GnR for me. Spun both Illusion albums for the first time in awhile. Even gave Gilby Clarke's solo albums some fresh spin time.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 1:22 pm

Guns n' Roses is playing the Troubadour tonight in LA.

Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Gnrtroublarger

Either that or it's one helluva April Fools prank. birthday

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guns N Roses Reunion?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next