Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guns N Roses Reunion?

Go down 
+29
MetallicSeminarian
manny
exact33
John Madden
Temple of Blood
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
ZombieHavoc
Eyesore
brokentulsa
DallasBlack
Vexer6
Lurideath
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
ShadowAngel
the sentinel
nevermore
Thrasher73
Troublezone
MoonChild
mc666
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
glassprison
metalinmyveins
James B.
Addy
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 5:56 pm

Addy wrote:
007 wrote:
Meh I couldn't care less , really.

Must care enough to post comments if you didnt you wouldnt bother....

Wrong. Read it and figured I'd put my 2 cents in about it. This is a band whose best days are way behind them plus it's not even a full blown reunion so......I couldn't care less. And I see I'm not the only one who feels this way.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 7:25 pm

I'm pretty excited for this, hope all the original members get back together.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 11:02 pm

While I'm glad Axl and Slash have buried the hatchet, it's too late for it to have much significance to me. I'll just listen to some Appetite and Use Your Illusions.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 12:09 am

I will believe it when I See it... Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 2:45 pm

Latest rumor has it that GnR will make their official "reunion" announcement on the Jimmy Kimmel Show on January 6th...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 3:06 pm

Anyone who pays for this not-a-reunion is a dope. Not worth it at all. Even if they had the original line-up, it wouldn't be worth the price. It would definitely be cool to see these guys, with Stradlin (who is easily the most talented of the bunch) and Adler, get back together, but I'd still never pay that much money to see any band.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 8:54 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Anyone who pays for this not-a-reunion is a dope. Not worth it at all. Even if they had the original line-up, it wouldn't be worth the price. It would definitely be cool to see these guys, with Stradlin (who is easily the most talented of the bunch) and Adler, get back together, but I'd still never pay that much money to see any band.
You really shouldn't be judging other people like that, what people choose to spend their money on is nobody's business but their own.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 1:05 am

Vexer6 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

You really shouldn't be judging other people like that, what people choose to spend their money on is nobody's business but their own.

I called you a dope, huh? cool
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 2:30 am

Eyesore wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

No, I couldn't possibly afford to go myself(doubt they'll be playing anywhere near me anyways), but for those that are willing to pay it's seems rather rude to call them idiots just because you don't care about the band anymore.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 3:51 am

Vexer6 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

No, I couldn't possibly afford to go myself(doubt they'll be playing anywhere near me anyways), but for those that are willing to pay it's seems rather rude to call them idiots just because you don't care about the band anymore.

I said "dope," not "idiot." Silly, in this context. I never said folks can't spend their money as they see fit, but paying hundreds of dollars for a "reunion" concert that is anything but a reunion, to me, is foolish. That's not an insult, just a simple opinion.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 9:30 am

I don't really physically have the money it will likely cost to go see GNR, but I'd pay it in a heartbeat if I did:

Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 4f2a0773047bba78ee9cafad84904a18

I'd of course like it to be with Stradlin and Adler, and if not then with Gilby Clarke and Matt Sorum at least or some combination of the dudes, but I''d certainly be stoked to see Axl, Slash and Duff.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 10:34 am

Who wouldn't want to pay hundreds of dollars to watch this man rock:

Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 CXeDmuOWkAATb73
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 11:52 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I don't really physically have the money it will likely cost to go see GNR, but I'd pay it in a heartbeat if I did:

I'd of course like it to be with Stradlin and Adler, and if not then with Gilby Clarke and Matt Sorum at least or some combination of the dudes, but I''d certainly be stoked to see Axl, Slash and Duff.

I'll save my money for the Three Times Dope reunion!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 11:53 am

Boris2008 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

I'll save my money for the Three Times Dope reunion!  Very Happy

I mean, I'd be into that too.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 12:29 pm

Screw Guns N Roses...I hope they have to cancel the tour from poor ticket sales.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 12:39 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Screw Guns N Roses...I hope they have to cancel the tour from poor ticket sales.

Why do you feel this way?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 1:14 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Because I hate GnR. I think they're one of the most hugely overrated bands in history. The amount of attention they get for playing their largely derivative brand of rock and roll borders on the insane. I have yet to hear what the big deal is about them in going on 30 years. They're the epitome of mundane and put-on "rebellion". Not saying there were not a couple of catchy melodies here and there, but to garner this Zeppelin-level of hero worship from so many rock fans? I don't see it...I'm sick of them...and I wish Axl & Slash would disappear into the ether.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 1:16 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Because I hate GnR. I think they're one of the most hugely overrated bands in history. The amount of attention they get for playing their largely derivative brand of rock and roll borders on the insane. I have yet to hear what the big deal is about them in going on 30 years. They're the epitome of mundane and put-on "rebellion". Not saying there were not a couple of catchy melodies here and there, but to garner this Zeppelin-level of hero worship from so many rock fans? I don't see it...I'm sick of them...and I wish Axl & Slash would disappear into the ether.

I feel the same way about Led Zeppelin, so.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 1:22 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Except that Zeppelin helped to create it...

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 1:41 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

You don't think AfD was a great hard rock album? I definitely agree that the rest of their material is overrated.

Every popular group can be derided as "derivative".
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 1:41 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Much has been written about LZ's plagiarism.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yes they did. I still feel that way about them though. You can take out the derivative part, if that helps (though we've all seen that Jimmy Page stole everything from the blues argument--of which, I know nothing so I'm not claiming it, just referencing it).

But the part about being one of the most hugely overrated bands in history and not understanding the Zeppelin-level of hero worship...that goes for Zep for me. Though maybe put Beatle-level of hero worship in there, so it's not a weird Googling Google kind of cannibal cycle thing. You get the point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 1:54 pm

It's all SUBJECTIVE.

Whether GNR sucks or GNR rules? Subjective. Whether Zep were geniuses, overrated ripoffs or Gods? Subjective. Whether this and most all topics are completely pointless because it's just a bunch of people rattling off their subjective opinions? That is also subjective. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 1:55 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

You don't think AfD was a great hard rock album?  

No. I think it's an OK hard rock album that got old really, really fast. I fail to see what elevates them to the level they seem to be resting in.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 1:56 pm

S.D. wrote:
It's all SUBJECTIVE.

Whether GNR sucks or GNR rules?  Subjective.  Whether Zep were geniuses, overrated ripoffs or Gods?  Subjective.  Whether this and most all topics are completely pointless because it's just a bunch of people rattling off their subjective opinions?  That is also subjective.  Laughing very hard

Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Captai10

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guns N Roses Reunion?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: