Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HIM

Go down 
+11
caniplaywithmadness?
DallasBlack
Smindas
KissinMaiden
Troublezone
kmorg
mc666
Chairman_Smith
stormspell
GrandNational
ultmetal
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

HIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIM   HIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 6:35 pm

I'm going to Hastings tonight. Contemplating whether to pick up their new one or not.
Back to top Go down

HIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIM   HIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 7:35 pm

Smindas wrote:
Oh, don't get me wrong - the heartagram is like the symbol of your generic 15 year old goth girl. Still doesn't detract from the bands music though.
I think the heartagram is cool, but I once also though tattoos on the small of a girls back was ridiculously sexy. Now I hardly notice them. Haha. The heartagram tattoos are lame, but I like the symbol in general.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

HIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIM   HIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 7:49 pm

they were supporting metallica and i got to see them live. a good majority of the crowd face away from them and started doin the YMCA. haha. eventually they got bottled off
Back to top Go down

HIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIM   HIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 7:58 pm

caniplaywithmadness? wrote:
they were supporting metallica and i got to see them live. a good majority of the crowd face away from them and started doin the YMCA. haha. eventually they got bottled off
And all those people deserve a healthy dose of cancer.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

HIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIM   HIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 9:25 pm

ultmetal wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Scott, what's up with all these Hot Topic bands
you've been getting recently. First it was Coheed and Cambria, now HIM.
What's next, Avenged Sevenfold?

1. Don't like Avenged Sevenfold, but brontotex does.

2. Heard Coheed and Cambria on the radio. Liked it. Picked up a few of their CDs for $1.75 on LaLa.

3. Not really interested in HIM, but since LaLa is sending me a free CD by them, I thought I would ask about them.

ult

I know Ult, I'm just trying have a bit of fun. I know you wouldn't listen to Avenged Sevenfold.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

HIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIM   HIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 5:06 am

Eyesore wrote:
To be fair, that's exactly what I would expect. HIM are an odd choice for supporting Metallica. It's like when Bullet For My Valentine supported Maiden a few years ago - it ended baaaadly.

HIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIM   HIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 12:18 pm

I picked up "Venus Doom" last night - and I've got to say IM VERY impressed with it!

I had no idea it would be this good. It's got a lot of doom in it. Some parts actually bring to mind Black Sabbath's early stuff.

This album is metal - whether their old stuff is or not. This one is.

This one is also going to make my top 10 for the year. Easy.
Back to top Go down

HIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIM   HIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 1:16 pm

Smindas wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
To be fair, that's exactly what I would expect. HIM are an odd choice for supporting Metallica. It's like when Bullet For My Valentine supported Maiden a few years ago - it ended baaaadly.
No band, not matter how bad or different from other bands on the bill, deserve to have things thrown at them. No band. The fan that does this sort of thing is worthless.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

HIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIM   HIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 2:55 pm

I think HIM are ok. Not an earth shattering band for my tastes.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

HIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIM   HIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 3:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Smindas wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
No band, not matter how bad or different from other bands on the bill, deserve to have things thrown at them. No band. The fan that does this sort of thing is worthless.
I'm not saying it should happen, I agree, it's smurf poo. But I think, especially with UK crowds, you've got to be prepared.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

HIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIM   HIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 3:40 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Smindas wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Don't think calling them "fans" is the right word.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

HIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIM   HIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 4:36 pm

Smindas wrote:

I'm not saying it should happen, I agree, it's smurf poo. But I think, especially with UK crowds, you've got to be prepared.

what do u mean especially UK crowds? i doubt it any better or worse in the states
Back to top Go down

HIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIM   HIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 4:41 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Smindas wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Don't think calling them "fans" is the right word.
Sorry. I spelled "fags" wrong. Laughing
Back to top Go down

HIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIM   HIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 4:42 pm

Smindas wrote:

what do u mean especially UK crowds? i doubt it any better or worse in the states
I can't say it's common practice to throw bottles of piss at bands here in the US.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

HIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIM   HIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 1:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Smindas wrote:

I can't say it's common practice to throw bottles of piss at bands here in the US.
i reckon if HIM were supporting metallica (also with machine head on the bill) they'd get bottled off anywhere, not just the UK
Back to top Go down

HIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIM   HIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 3:20 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Smindas wrote:

i reckon if HIM were supporting metallica (also with machine head on the bill) they'd get bottled off anywhere, not just the UK
Maybe at Ozzfest, or one of those of packages that gather the worlds most idiotic "fan," but considering I saw Metallica with Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park, and neither band got even booed, I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

HIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIM   HIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 3:27 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Smindas wrote:

Maybe at Ozzfest, or one of those of packages that gather the worlds most idiotic "fan," but considering I saw Metallica with Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park, and neither band got even booed, I doubt it.
there are plenty of bands, even american bands, that avoid america and exclusively tour outside of the states. there must be a reason for that. but hey, i'm gonna get outnumbered by plenty of americans on this forum. so hey whatever, u win
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

HIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIM   HIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 6:39 pm

there are plenty of bands, even american bands, that avoid america and exclusively tour outside of the states. there must be a reason for that...

Yeah, with promoters like Sharon Osbourne and Jack Koschic (sp?) I dont blame any band for not wanting to come to US anymore... its not for the US fans but for such greedy scumbags
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

HIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIM   HIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:06 pm

HIM is actually not horrible. Yeah, they're a Hot Topic band, but the one album I have from them is decent. There's actually one or two really cool songs on it and the rest is okay.

They describe themselves as "love metal". They are like a lighter, more emo (and not *quite* as depressed) version of later day Sentenced, IMO.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

HIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIM   HIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 5:40 am

i saw them live for about thirty seconds after going to the bog at the metallica concert at wembley and no one was watching and no one cared cos machine head ripped bunghole an him sucked. i personally dont like them
Back to top Go down

HIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIM   HIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 12:42 pm

I never really cared for HIM either. I used to have one of their albums and I traded it.

However, they truly have shifted gears with their new album, "Venus Doom". I just picked this thing up. It sounds like if Black Sabbath started now instead of back then.

Don't judge them before you hear their new album.

It rules!!!

And emo is one thing this band is NOT! Goth rock maybe - emo ... no.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

HIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIM   HIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 1:35 pm

Meh, I listened to samples of the new one, i still hated it.
Back to top Go down

HIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIM   HIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 2:47 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Meh, I listened to samples of the new one, i still hated it.
Thanks for letting us know.
Back to top Go down

HIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIM   HIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 4:19 pm

"love metal" my hiney.

maybe the new one is heavy and sounds good - I'll have to check it out at a listening station sometime as I doubt I know anyone who will buy it.

but aside from somewhat appreciating the covers of Wicked Game and the Billy Idol song they did that I have heard -
(I have a soft spot in my heart for almost all covertunes for some reason) - I thought that Ville sounds sort of like a less energetic Michael Monroe (Hanoi Rocks) but not anywhere as good.

He's definitely got an appealing look for all the ladies, not my type but I see the X-factor LOL - although their lyrics are ridiculous, IMHO.
Back to top Go down

HIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIM   HIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 4:55 pm

metallikitty wrote:
I thought that Ville sounds sort of like a less energetic Michael Monroe (Hanoi Rocks) but not anywhere as good.
scratch

I'm no expert on Hanoi Rocks, but I think I've heard enough to know that Ville is not even close to being similar to Monroe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIM   HIM - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HIM
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: