Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's been 11 years now...

Go down 
+10
Troublezone
Runicen
nevermore
DallasBlack
the sentinel
Lari
ultmetal
James B.
Required Fields
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

It's been 11 years now... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's been 11 years now...   It's been 11 years now... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 8:57 pm

Way to ruin the thread by stating hyperboles.

Objectively he didn't write the absolute best riff(s). But he did write some memorable ones. And I will resist naming other guitarists better than him (of whom there are plenty), because that's not the point of this thread.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: It's been 11 years now...   It's been 11 years now... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 3:02 am

Lari wrote:

Objectively he didn't write the absolute best riffmemorable and heavy riffshe did write some memorable ones. And I will resist naming other guitarists better than him (of whom there are plenty), because that's not the point of this thread.

I agree. never meant to say that dimebag is the best guitar player. obviously he is not. but he did write some memorable riffs which are now part of metal history.

anyways after 11 years he is missed.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: It's been 11 years now...   It's been 11 years now... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 6:47 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Lari wrote:

Objectively he didn't write the absolute best riffmemorable and heavy riffshe did write some memorable ones. And I will resist naming other guitarists better than him (of whom there are plenty), because that's not the point of this thread.

I agree. never meant to say that dimebag is the best guitar player. obviously he is not. but he did write some memorable riffs which are now part of metal history.

anyways after 11 years he is missed.

Actually... You claimed "Walk" is better than anything Iommi ever did.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: It's been 11 years now...   It's been 11 years now... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 6:55 pm

I'm a huge Dimebag Darrell fan, but everything ever done in Metal has it's roots in Sabbath and Iommi's monster riffs are untouchable.

I think that Dime was one of the best Metal guitarist of the 90s (if not THE best)!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: It's been 11 years now...   It's been 11 years now... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 2:00 am

Troublezone wrote:
I'm a huge Dimebag Darrell fan, but everything ever done in Metal has it's roots in Sabbath and Iommi's monster riffs are untouchable.

I think that Dime was one of the best Metal guitarist of the 90s (if not THE best)!

would be interesting to start a topic about the best iommi riff.

didn't check if there is such thread here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's been 11 years now...   It's been 11 years now... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's been 11 years now...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2