Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January

Go down 
+8
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Boris2008
BearOnUnicycle
Lari
Witchfinder
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Empty
PostSubject: Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January   Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 4:47 pm

Well this is good news:

"Two of the rarest metal CD collectables in the world will be reissued with bonus tracks in January 2016 via No Remorse Records.

The first two albums from German speed/thrash metal legends Angel Dust, Into The Dark Past and To Dust You Will Decay, originally released in 1986 and 1988, will be reissued including many bonus demo and unreleased tracks, mastered by Patrick W. Engel at Temple Of Disharmony, in Germany.

Release date is set for January 19th, for the CD versions, and vinyl editions will follow later during 2016. More details to follow."

http://bravewords.com/news/angel-dust-mega-rare-cds-to-be-re-released-in-january
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January   Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 6:23 pm

YES!

Finally my prayers have been answered, and I can own both. These have been impossible to find for a decent price, and there's so many bootlegs that this had to happen.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January   Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 6:49 pm

Someone, anyone, update immediately when you see where these are available for order. I checked the No Remorse website and nothing yet.

If this is a limited print, and they run out, I'll start murdering people.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January   Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 7:54 pm

I have both cds but I am very curious about those bonus tracks. Those may make these re-releases a must buy purchase for me, depending on what those tracks will be.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January   Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 1:20 pm

"To Dust..." is a mastrepiece. Very curious to hear bonus material, as I always wanted to hear a little bit more of good old pure speed metal, a magnificient genre that has like handful of albums to offer.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January   Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 3:52 pm

Lari wrote:
Someone, anyone, update immediately when you see where these are available for order. I checked the No Remorse website and nothing yet.

If this is a limited print, and they run out, I'll start murdering people.

They are taking pre orders over the xmas period.

So put down the axe crazy boy!!!  Shocked

You sometimes do have to be careful with No Remorse though. They released a vinyl issue of Coroner's Death Cult demo which was on sale for about 10 seconds before selling out!  angry
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January   Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 4:47 am

Me and a friend went to see this band in Hollywood 15 years ago. The singer was a douche bag! He had no interest in talking to any real fans... he just brushed everyone aside to get to the groupies.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January   Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 6:56 am

Troublezone wrote:
Me and a friend went to see this band in Hollywood 15 years ago. The singer was a douche bag! He had no interest in talking to any real fans... he just brushed everyone aside to get to the groupies.

Hahaha! I've had nights when I've brushed aside my actual friends in order to get to hot girls! lol! 

I don't think that you can judge a guy based on one brief experience.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January   Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 3:52 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Hahaha! I've had nights when I've brushed aside my actual friends in order to get to hot girls! lol! 

Sounds funny, right?
But seriously, what show would they have if none of the real fans paid for a ticket? They can play for a handful of used up hags and hope that a few of them will buy them dinner and gas to the next town. And yes, I can judge someone from one brief experience. Cuz first impressions can't be taken back... I never bothered with them again after that. And to be honest, the singer is/was the weak link anyway IMO. His voice isn't that great. The backing band and guitar sound is what I thought was cool at the time. Not the rough German accented singer.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January   Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 4:30 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Sounds funny, right?
But seriously, what show would they have if none of the real fans paid for a ticket? They can play for a handful of used up hags and hope that a few of them will buy them dinner and gas to the next town. And yes, I can judge someone from one brief experience. Cuz first impressions can't be taken back... I never bothered with them again after that. And to be honest, the singer is/was the weak link anyway IMO. His voice isn't that great. The backing band and guitar sound is what I thought was cool at the time. Not the rough German accented singer.

That singer you saw isn't the same singer that's on the first two albums, if that makes any difference to you. In fact, each of those first two albums had a different lead singer.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January   Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 4:55 pm

To Dust You Will Decay is a fantastic album. It's one of my all time favorites.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January   Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 4:57 pm

Cool! I've had CD-R copies of both of them for years but it would be nice to upgrade to a "real" CD.

Of the two I think I prefer Into the Dark Past... especially the track "Gambler," mainly cuz of the vocalist's comical accent. ("GAMBLA! You playin' wees fi-yah! GAMBLA!")

Quote :
The singer was a douche bag! He had no interest in talking to any real fans... he just brushed everyone aside to get to the groupies.

Wait a sec...are you saying that there were actual girls at a power metal gig? Shocked Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January   Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 5:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Quote :
The singer was a douche bag! He had no interest in talking to any real fans... he just brushed everyone aside to get to the groupies.

Wait a sec...are you saying that there were actual girls at a power metal gig? Shocked Laughing

They thought it was a country music gig.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January   Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 5:01 pm

007 wrote:

They thought it was a country music gig.

(girl voice) "Angel Dust? I thought that was the name of the new Carrie Underwood song? Well dang."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January   Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 8:15 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Sounds funny, right?

That singer you saw isn't the same singer that's on the first two albums, if that makes any difference to you.  In fact, each of those first two albums had a different lead singer.

Well, in that case, I'm just speaking about the guy I saw that one time.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January   Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 8:08 pm

Mind you, I've never even heard these two albums. I've held out on purpose, thinking one day I'll land a copy of each. And no, not a bootleg either - that just won't do.

I've been an Angel Dust fan since Enlighten the Darkness. So it's been a long wait. There's a bunch of Russian/Eastern European bootlegs of these available, and I've seen those sold cheap online, and there have been times when I've contemplated bidding on them just to have them on the shelf. But reason always prevailed. Same reasoning as to why not just download mp3s. Why do I love music? Why do I collect albums? Why am I a fan in the first place? The hunt is a big part of the thrill. I can live without hearing an album. The payoff is that much greater.

Obviously I ain't clicking on those youtube links.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January   Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 10:03 am

Pre orders are on the No Remorse site now.

http://label.noremorse.gr/releases/
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January   Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 1:31 pm

Thanks!

EDIT: Ordered! Cheaper than I expected. I didn't pay attention to the bonus tracks, but there seems to be a good splattering of them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January   Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 10:55 am

I'll have to dust off my old bootleg copy of To Dust You Will Decay and see if that makes this news of any interest to me.

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January   Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 9:56 pm

No Remorse is now selling the CDs also in a package with a t-shirt:

http://www.noremorse.gr/index.php?cPath=1000
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January   Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 9:42 pm

Back covers:

Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Angel_Dust

They are shipping this week. I can hardly wait!

Now I only need to get Raven's All For One, and then I can die.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January   Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 10:42 pm

I'll have copies for sale in the store, whenever I finish moving to the new house and re-opening it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January   Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 4:52 pm

I got an email saying you can now preorder the vinyl versions as well.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January   Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 11:31 am

Apparently Angel Dust played at Bang Your Head festival, and have stated that they have new songs ready for an album.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January   Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 2:58 pm

They've been saying that for over 10 years. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January   Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angel Dust - Reissues of first two albums out in January
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next