Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Angel Dust news?

Go down 
+11
Zdan
7thSaviour
Lari
kmorg
Wargod
Shawn Of Fire
snooloui
thejokeriv
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Any Angel Dust news? Empty
PostSubject: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:15 pm

Bleed and Border of Reality are amazing power metal albums and i'd heard they had something coming out after Human Bondage. Anyone know anything?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:21 pm

It's been like 10 years since the last album. Are they even together anymore?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:22 pm

Haven't heard the name Angel Dust since health class in high school when they told us to stay away from weed because it was laced with Angel Dust.....

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:29 pm

It's been about 6 years and yeah, I wonder if they're done.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:33 pm

I've just had quick look on Metal Archives and their last release was 2002 so it has been 10 years. It says they're still active but currently unsigned. Most likely they just aren't doing anything right now (neither split-up nor active).
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:38 pm

I remember seeing line-up change news a couple of times over the years, but nothing has materialized in terms of new music.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:39 pm

I heard about 5 months back or read they are supposedly recording a new cd.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 4:01 am

They broke up some time after Human Bondage, but I know I've read that they got back together again not too long ago. So hopefully we'll get a new album soon.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 5:34 am

I've tried to keep an eye on them. About once a year news come out saying there will be a new album. Also, Dirk Thurisch left the band and later re-joined. So I think they are kind of active, just without a record deal and don't have anything recorded. I'm sure if someone threw some money their way and paid for the expenses, we'd get a new Angel Dust record.

Thurisch released a solo record under the name Mercury Tide called "Why?". I've been trying to buy that for quite some time now.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:03 am

Whatever happened to Angel Dust?
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:04 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Haven't heard the name Angel Dust since health class in high school when they told us to stay away from weed because it was laced with Angel Dust.....

Now you're showing your age, old man. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:05 am

Good band back in the day. If they put out something new,great. If not, it's not the end of the world.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 1:26 pm

New indie album coming?

http://www.metalkingdom.net/album/50344_angel_dust_tales_from_ashes_and_dust

Their website is dead except for the front page...

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 1:33 pm

Hmmmmmmm....... Any Angel Dust news? 251456 But while we wait.......
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 1:40 pm

The best thing that could happen in the Angel Dust camp would be the re-release of the first two CD's. Those two albums are one of the rarest and most highly sought-after metal albums of all time. They are also one of the best speed/thrash albums to come out of Germany. A re-release of those would put Angel Dust in the spotlight with the metal community in an instant.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 1:56 pm

Zdan wrote:
The best thing that could happen in the Angel Dust camp would be the re-release of the first two CD's. Those two albums are one of the rarest and most highly sought-after metal albums of all time. They are also one of the best speed/thrash albums to come out of Germany. A re-release of those would put Angel Dust in the spotlight with the metal community in an instant.

I gave up looking for copies of those first 2 albums a while back, a re-release would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 1:58 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Zdan wrote:

I gave up looking for copies of those first 2 albums a while back, a re-release would be nice.

Me too - especially when it comes down to the first album (the better one in my opinion). The tons of bootlegs floating around ebay and the Internet do not help. I would jump on re-relase in a heartbeat (next to the re-release of say S.A. Slayer or Ample Destruction).
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 4:29 pm

According to the message I just got from Dirk, there will be a new Mercury Tide album in May...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 5:58 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
According to the message I just got from Dirk, there will be a new Mercury Tide album in May...
Hopefully better that Why?, which was a bit underwhelming. I haven't listened to it in ages, though.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 6:03 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Hopefully better that Why?, which was a bit underwhelming. I haven't listened to it in ages, though.

Been spinning it since Monday...much stronger than I remember.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 7:10 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
It was a decent album, but I expected it be to be a lot stronger. Might have aged well.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 7:24 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
It was a decent album, but I expected it be to be a lot stronger. Might have aged well.

I remembered it being a little more one dimensional...but worth $1 when I picked it up...in spinning it the past couple of days loud in the car, it's more layered than I was expecting...

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:16 pm

I would also love a re-release of the first two Angel Dust albums.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:49 pm

I seen a couple of them after a show years ago. Total jerks.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:53 pm

I saw them open for Opeth/Nevermore...it was amazing to see a club in NC turn into a club in Germany with all the Power Metal chanting and singing along...

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Angel Dust news?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next