Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motorhead - the birthday party dvd

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Motorhead - the birthday party dvd Empty
PostSubject: Motorhead - the birthday party dvd   Motorhead - the birthday party dvd Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 10:20 am

saw this dvd at a local record store earlier today. I thought I'd check out some samples first before buying it.

I also read that this dvd is actually a bootleg but I am not sure about it.

anyone else owns this dvd? is it worthy?

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - the birthday party dvd   Motorhead - the birthday party dvd Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 10:46 am

The entire gig is on Youtube.... see it for yourself. I remember it being available on VHS back in the day. Great performance but the video quality is "Ehhh" at best.

If I were to take a wild guess I'd say any DVDs are probably bootlegs, ripped from the VHS tape. The only listing I can find for a DVD on Amazon here in the U.S. is from a third-party seller who sez it's an "import" from Brazil. Yeeeeaaaah, I'm sure that's legitimate (haha).

"The Birthday Party" was released on CD at one time too but I haven't seen one in a long time so I assume it's long out of print.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:54 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - the birthday party dvd   Motorhead - the birthday party dvd Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 10:52 am

The original concert was released on VHS in 1985.  It was released on CD in 1990 but they changed the track order and lopped off a couple songs for that release. Neither the original video release or the CD have ever been reissued, so any DVD release is a bootleg.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - the birthday party dvd   Motorhead - the birthday party dvd Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 12:40 pm

are we talking about a collector's item?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - the birthday party dvd   Motorhead - the birthday party dvd Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 12:44 pm

Gilbert wrote:
are we talking about a collector's item?

If you find the original VHS or the CD then yes.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - the birthday party dvd   Motorhead - the birthday party dvd Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 12:54 pm

perfect. because I found the vhs as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - the birthday party dvd   Motorhead - the birthday party dvd Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 1:04 pm

Gilbert wrote:
perfect. because I found the vhs as well.

Now you should check Ebay and see if it's worth anything or not.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - the birthday party dvd   Motorhead - the birthday party dvd Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 1:06 pm

I have no access to ebay. blocked. youtube is also tricky to access. unlike you, I fight for my metal :-(
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - the birthday party dvd   Motorhead - the birthday party dvd Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 10:19 pm

I have this DVD I bought it from Bestbuy but its definitely a bootleg, ripped directly from VHS
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - the birthday party dvd   Motorhead - the birthday party dvd Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 11:55 pm

so I went back and picked it up. despite its poor image quality the sound is ok and the classics are all there.

picked it up for 7$!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - the birthday party dvd   Motorhead - the birthday party dvd Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 11:58 pm

"Unlike you I fight for my metal."

You mean it's just harder to acquire due to location?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - the birthday party dvd   Motorhead - the birthday party dvd Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 8:30 am

Quote :
unlike you, I fight for my metal

Well, excuuuuuu-uuuuse us.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - the birthday party dvd   Motorhead - the birthday party dvd Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 10:39 am

don't get the "unlike you" in a wrong way. I hold lots of esteem for the members of this board and seek their precious advice whenever I need it :-)

besides english is not my mother tongue so many times I may express myself in a wrong way.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - the birthday party dvd   Motorhead - the birthday party dvd Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 12:11 pm

Gilbert wrote:
don't get the "unlike you" in a wrong way. I hold lots of esteem for the members of this board and seek their precious advice whenever I need it :-)

besides english is not my mother tongue so many times I may express myself in a wrong way.

No worries. I figured it was a "lost in translation" kind of thing. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - the birthday party dvd   Motorhead - the birthday party dvd Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 1:06 pm

apparently phil lynott guest appears on the dvd. but I did not reach this part yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - the birthday party dvd   Motorhead - the birthday party dvd Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motorhead - the birthday party dvd
Page 1 of 1