Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album

Go down 
+20
Wurthless
MetalGuy71
ZombieHavoc
nevermore
Gilbert
Boris2008
thejokeriv
the sentinel
Required Fields
corplhicks
scottmitchell74
brokentulsa
ultmetal
80s Metal Lady
Witchfinder
Lari
Fat Freddy
MoonChild
James B.
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

1. "Sinner"
Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 11 ]
2. "Diamonds & Rust"
Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
3. "Starbreaker"
Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
4. "Last Rose of Summer"
Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
5. "Let Us Prey/Call For The Priest"
Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
6. "Raw Deal"
Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
7. "Here Come the Tears"
Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
8. "Dissident Aggressor"
Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 41

AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album   Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 10:38 am

S.D. wrote:
This was the first Priest album I acquired.  I had seen their music video for You've Got Another Thing Comin' and it was on my "want list", but prior to picking it up I found a copy of Sin After Sin at a yard sale for $1.  While initially a bit of an adjustment as it didn't quite sound like I expected, I ended up falling in love with the album and played it constantly.

I've never actually owned any of the pre-Stained Class albums, though I've heard them all at least once. But I had a similar experience where I discovered Priest by way of the video for "Painkiller" when I was 12. That video/song ruled my world and I wanted the album, but happened upon Stained Class for $4.95 at the mall, so that was the first album I bought. I was a little let down at first, because, as you said, it didn't sound like I expected based on Painkiller. But after a few listens, it clicked and it is still my second favorite JP record, after Painkiller of course.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album   Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 11:30 am

Lotsa good tunes on there, but I went with the cover. 'Diamonds & Rust' always struck a chord with me for reasons I can't explain. Maybe it's just that the moon is full and you happened to call.

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album   Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 11:34 am

The definitive version of Diamonds & Rust right here....

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album   Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 11:42 am

Yea, that's killer. I also liked that they resurrected it during the Ripper years when I saw them live.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album   Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 12:15 pm

S.D. wrote:
The definitive version of Diamonds & Rust right here....

Fixed that for you!  Very Happy You're welcome!  Razz
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album   Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 2:18 pm

Bah!! Damn, dirty hippy!!

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album   Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 2:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bah!! Damn, dirty hippy!!

Blame my mum dude!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album   Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 8:38 pm

Dissident Aggressor is one of the best metal songs ever crafted. The intro into that piercing scream coupled with that f*cking riff is heaven to me.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album   Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 9:56 am

I finally decided and went with Dissident Aggressor over Starbreaker.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album   Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 10:30 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
I finally decided and went with Dissident Aggressor over Starbreaker.

That was my dilemma as well..... headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album   Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 9:14 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Sinnah, sinnah, sinnah, sinnah, SINNER!!!! headbanger

Damn. Beat me to it! lol!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album   Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 11:30 am

I had some live Priest on yesterday in the gym and thought one of these days I will figure out what "Dissident Agressor" is all about. Sex, War, Drugs? It's almost as hard to figure out as "Holy Diver" in the vague lyrics department.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album   Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 11:33 am

the sentinel wrote:
I had some live Priest on yesterday in the gym and thought one of these days I will figure out what "Dissident Agressor" is all about. Sex, War, Drugs? It's almost as hard to figure out as "Holy Diver" in the vague lyrics department.

Here you go:

"Fortunately, Rob Halford explained the song's meaning and origin in our 2014 interview. "It's about the Berlin Wall in 1970 something or other," he said. "I couldn't sleep, so I went out for a walk. I went to the Berlin Wall and I walked up on top of a boxy-looking post thing. A watchtower thing. It was in November, it was freezing cold, and I was looking over from West Berlin, which is all brightly lit up - pubs were up and everything. And the East side was just dead. It was pitch black, no lights were on, and there were these Russian guys looking back at me in binoculars. That was the seed for what that song talks about, about 'I know what I am, I'm Berlin.'"

http://www.songfacts.com/blog/interviews/judas_priest/
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album   Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 7:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album   Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 12:20 pm

MoonChild wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:
"Starbreaker"

Would have got my vote................. headbanger

Me too

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album   Best tune on JP's 'Sin After Sin" album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2