Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Cult - Hidden City

Go down 
+10
tohostudios
Eyesore
glassprison
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Gilbert
assault_attack
Glower
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

The Cult - Hidden City - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 5:43 pm

Quote :
"Coming Down (Drug Tongue)" and what other one?

"Coming Down" is indeed one, and I kinda like "Star." The rest of that album is poo.

Quote :
On a side note, I have "High Octane" which is a Best Of The Cult. It contains a great song called "The Witch" but I've never known what album it's from.

"The Witch" was on the soundtrack album to Ralph Bakshi's live action/animation box office bomb "Cool World" (1992) along with tracks by Ministry, Moby, and David Bowie, to name just a few.
The Cult - Hidden City - Page 2 SongsfromtheCoolWorld

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:57 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 5:44 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

The self-titled album from 1994, tho, is a waste of plastic aside from one or two songs, and tho I have only had time to give it a few spins thus far, .

"Coming Down (Drug Tongue)" and what other one?

I remember being soooo disappointed in that album because Coming Down was the single and I loved it.  Then I bought the album and....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

On a side note, I have "High Octane" which is a Best Of The Cult.  It contains a great song called "The Witch" but I've never known what album it's from.  Does anyone know what album this song is on:

I think "The Witch" was a single only track.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 5:53 pm

Thanks for the info!

I guess that explains why I've never been able to find what Cult album it's on.

BTW, I think that Best Of compilation is pretty good if you don't feel like picking your way through their catalog. The only downside is that it was released before Beyond Good & Evil. So get High Octane Cult and BG&E and you should be good to go.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 5:56 pm

Quote :
BTW, I think that Best Of compilation is pretty good if you don't feel like picking your way through their catalog.

Yeah, that "High Octane" is a good comp. When I was still making the switch from cassettes to CDs during the early/mid 90s, that was the first Cult CD I bought, to tide me over till I could get around to upgrading the rest of their catalog.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 8:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I have yet to hear Dreamtime or the two most recent albums.

Here's a few tunes from it:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Cult - Hidden City
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2