Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Cult - Hidden City

Go down 
+10
tohostudios
Eyesore
glassprison
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Gilbert
assault_attack
Glower
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Cult - Hidden City Empty
PostSubject: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 1:23 pm

British rockers, The Cult, have announced that their new studio album Hidden City will go on sale on February 5, 2016 and will be issued by the Cooking Vinyl label.  It will consist of twelve original compositions, which production was handled by Bob Rock.

Ian Astbury and Billy Duffy also confirmed that bassist Grant Fitzpatrick, who previously supported the band on their latest tour had become a full member. He stepped in for Chris Wyse, who parted ways with The Cult in 2015 after almost ten years of collaboration.

The Cult - Hidden City The-Cult-Hidden-City-300x300

01. Dark Energy
02. No Love Lost
03. Dance The Night
04. In Blood
05. Birds Of Paradise
06. Hinterland
07. G O A T
08. Deeply Ordered Chaos
09. Avalanche Of Light
10. Lilies
11. Heathens
12. Sound and Fury

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 1:25 pm

The Cult's discography can be a bit sketchy from time to time, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt with every new album. Might not be a priority, but I'll probably pick this up at some point.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 2:01 pm

Dang. I haven't even gotten around to picking up the last album (Choice of Weapon) yet. I hate it when I fall behind.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 8:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
British rockers, The Cult, have announced that their new studio album Hidden City will go on sale on February 5, 2016 and will be issued by the Cooking Vinyl label.  It will consist of twelve original compositions, which production was handled by Bob Rock.

Ian Astbury and Billy Duffy also confirmed that bassist Grant Fitzpatrick, who previously supported the band on their latest tour had become a full member. He stepped in for Chris Wyse, who parted ways with The Cult in 2015 after almost ten years of collaboration.

The Cult - Hidden City The-Cult-Hidden-City-300x300

01. Dark Energy
02. No Love Lost
03. Dance The Night
04. In Blood
05. Birds Of Paradise
06. Hinterland
07. G O A T
08. Deeply Ordered Chaos
09. Avalanche Of Light
10. Lilies
11. Heathens
12. Sound and Fury

I really like that!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 12:22 pm

Somewhat disturbing video - are we bulls - as people -
be lead - and decieved - and lulled - by the red cape ?
I smiled at the symbolism of the front cover -
And of course - super far out lyrics - not something I'd sing -
always liked the band though - innovative for sure -
Ian - filling Morrison's shoes, that one year, was really tremendous-
and it IS interesting that they're still putting out tunes -
Did they ever do a Behind the Music episode ?
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 2:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The Cult's discography can be a bit sketchy from time to time, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt with every new album. Might not be a priority, but I'll probably pick this up at some point.

I think that says it all! I always look forward to new music from the Cult & hope for the best.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 1:27 am

the cover art is so The Cult - Hidden City 576953
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 4:12 pm

Yea, it could use some big, oiled muscle man holding a torch or something. Like this...

The Cult - Hidden City Final%2Bsign

Twisted Evil

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 6:48 am

Best thing they have done in 25 years! A total wall of sound.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 8:36 am

I was listening to it this morning. It's a really good album! I wasn't expecting much but I will keep this in rotation.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 8:38 am

I have never been able to get into this band.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 9:42 am

They are kinda hit-and-miss with me. When they're on, it's awesome.

I haven't heard this new album yet but I read a luke-warm review that kinda put me off. Not sure that I'll be rushing to pick this up. Might wait a little and get it used.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 11:19 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
They are kinda hit-and-miss with me. When they're on, it's awesome.

I haven't heard this new album yet but I read a luke-warm review that kinda put me off. Not sure that I'll be rushing to pick this up. Might wait a little and get it used.

Same here. The one I read said don't expect anything like Beyond Good and Evil, Sonic Temple or Electric. That pretty much killed it for me as those are The Cult albums I really like.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 6:41 pm

I've never even been impressed by their most popular stuff. I just don't get the appeal. I don't know.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 6:45 pm

"Beyond Good And Evil" is my favorite Cult album and is also the "least Cult-like" IMO. I think it's heavier than their normal fare.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 6:50 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I've never even been impressed by their most popular stuff. I just don't get the appeal. I don't know.

You and I. I owned a few of their albums as a kid and even learned the guitar to Sweet Soul Sister for the hell of it. After so long, I gave up. There's something inconsistent and half-baked about their material.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 6:52 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

You and I. I owned a few of their albums as a kid and even learned the guitar to Sweet Soul Sister for the hell of it. After so long, I gave up. There's something inconsistent and half-baked about their material.

As others have said in this thread, that's definitely true of The Cult's catalog overall.  But I find certain albums by them to be consistent within themselves.  I'd recommend checking out "Beyond Good And Evil" on your favorite streaming source (especially the single "Rise") if you don't like that album you likely just don't like The Cult.

I also got hooked on the earlier stuff like "She Sells Sanctuary" which I've always described as early U2 meets The Doors. But man their last several discs have been major turds in my book.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 7:08 pm

Maybe I'll give them another shot someday. I haven't tried in years. I used to not care for Rush, either, but now dig them quite a bit in my old age.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 7:14 pm

I've always dug the earlier stuff like "Resurrection Joe", "Spiritwalker" & "Bone Bag" as well as music up to the Ceremony album. I'm actually a big fan of the Dreamtime album.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 9:11 am

tohostudios wrote:
Sonic Temple

The only one of theirs I have. I like it a lot.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 9:23 am

tohostudios wrote:

As others have said in this thread, that's definitely true of The Cult's catalog overall.  But I find certain albums by them to be consistent within themselves.  I'd recommend checking out "Beyond Good And Evil" on your favorite streaming source (especially the single "Rise") if you don't like that album you likely just don't like The Cult.

I'd double that sentiment. Beyond Good and Evil is one of my favorites of theirs. If that don't grab you by the short n' curlies, you ain't never gonna like the Cult.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 12:10 pm

I just recently filled a few outstanding gaps in my Cult collection by picking up used copies of Love and Born Into This.

"Hit or miss" is the best way to describe the Cult. When they're on, they're ON, but when they're not - Zzzzzzzzzzz.....

Love, Sonic Temple, Electric, and Beyond Good and Evil get the most love, and deservedly so. Ceremony (which may as well have been titled Sonic Temple II: Electric Boogaloo) has its moments as well.

The self-titled album from 1994, tho, is a waste of plastic aside from one or two songs, and tho I have only had time to give it a few spins thus far, Born Into This appears to be similarly "meh."

I have yet to hear Dreamtime or the two most recent albums.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 2:31 pm

Played born into this last night.
Good, solid hard rockin stuff.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 2:35 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I just recently filled a few outstanding gaps in my Cult collection by picking up used copies of Love and Born Into This.

"Hit or miss" is the best way to describe the Cult. When they're on, they're ON, but when they're not - Zzzzzzzzzzz.....

My thoughts exactly. I like a couple of their albums and the rest are very spotty.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 5:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

The self-titled album from 1994, tho, is a waste of plastic aside from one or two songs, and tho I have only had time to give it a few spins thus far, .

"Coming Down (Drug Tongue)" and what other one?

I remember being soooo disappointed in that album because Coming Down was the single and I loved it. Then I bought the album and....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

On a side note, I have "High Octane" which is a Best Of The Cult. It contains a great song called "The Witch" but I've never known what album it's from. Does anyone know what album this song is on:

PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Hidden City   The Cult - Hidden City Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Cult - Hidden City
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next