Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Songs - That made you Cry

Go down 
+6
tohostudios
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
James B.
the sentinel
bgsully
Glower
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

Songs - That made you Cry Empty
PostSubject: Songs - That made you Cry   Songs - That made you Cry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 7:47 am

I looked at the other poll - 'first songs you remembered' -
and I went back - way back -
and began to hit upon songs that made me cry.
Let's face it, if you like music, there's tear-jerkers -
My 1st - " The Little Drummer Boy " - it was around X-mas -
ba bum ba bum bum - ooohhhh man that got me Sad
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Songs - That made you Cry   Songs - That made you Cry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 7:50 am

Unskinny bop made me cry......but only because it was god-awful. lol!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Songs - That made you Cry   Songs - That made you Cry Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 9:10 pm

"Hang Down Your Head Tom Dooley" was the first song I remember being emotional after hearing it.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Songs - That made you Cry   Songs - That made you Cry Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 9:27 am

"Let it Go Let it Die" by Barren Cross
"Wasted Time" by Skid Row

I had a friendship that began in kindergarten, went through school, CYA, prison, addiction, the occult, Christianity, married/family life, deaths of other friends, and moving to other parts of the country.

That friend had some job/marriage issues and I had him come and stay with us. He stole money, tools, and jewelry (Just STUFF) due to relapse with heroin. I sent him on his way instead of holding him accountable and loving him. He died in an alley way three blocks from our childhood street after getting hit over the head with a porcelain lid from a toilet tank over a few dollars cash and a shot of dope. I know he made the choices he made, but that is a terrible way to go.

I get emotional just about every time either of those songs are heard.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Songs - That made you Cry   Songs - That made you Cry Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 8:11 pm

Beautiful Ones by Prince. Caught a gf banging my best bud on the living room floor when I got home from seeing Purple Rain. That shit can affect a 15 yr old - ya know?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Songs - That made you Cry   Songs - That made you Cry Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 8:17 pm

"Last Of the Great Whales' by Solas

Told from the point of the view of the last whale who has just seen his mate killed by humans.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not some liberal tree-hugger; I hate PETA, they give a bad name to animal humane groups. But I also respect all life, especially intelligent, sentient life; so this song really strikes a chord in me.

Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Songs - That made you Cry   Songs - That made you Cry Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 11:59 am

I've mentioned before that "Spirit Slips Away," from Thin Lizzy takes me back to the day after my brother passed away when that CD happened to be in my car while I was running errands before catching a plane to Florida for his funeral. It absolutely fit my mood and was made more special by knowing that Ron would have LOVED the tune!

"Don't You Cry," by Kamelot is a beautiful ballad on their Karma CD written by Thomas Youngblood for his father, who died when he was younger. I have also lost my father and this song resonated with me. Ironically, it did make me tear up!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Songs - That made you Cry   Songs - That made you Cry Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 4:24 pm

I remember another " Season's In The Sun " - Terry Jacks ?
" Good bye.....it's hard to die...." ohhhhh man....that song got me -

Also, recently, STYX - " Lady " -
I was at work - played it - for coworker -
He played Lady - by lionell Ritchie -
I played Styx -
and a girl friend of mine died - before her time -
a few years back -
I was shocked that I welled up - infront of him laughing
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Songs - That made you Cry   Songs - That made you Cry Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 9:05 am

"The Gunner's Dream" by Pink Floyd was a huge one. That even got me as a teen when I first heard it. At this point, it tends to connect a bit to memories of my grandfather, who was a WWII navy vet.

"Father, Son" by Peter Gabriel is another. If you've heard this one, you know why. This was a pretty emotionally gripping song before my Dad died and only gained resonance afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Songs - That made you Cry   Songs - That made you Cry Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 12:53 pm

My father began drinking when I was about 12 years old. Not long after he was a raging, angry, abusive drunk. Our relationship, obviously, deteriorated quickly. He would continue on that path for 20 years. In the end, he was a homeless heroin addict.

Surprisingly, though, he got his shit together and for the past 10 years has been sober and we once again have a father/son relationship. Pretty amazing, actually.

Anyway, though this song isn't about the same thing, it is about a broken father/son relationship...and it's always gotten to me.

This one, too:

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Songs - That made you Cry   Songs - That made you Cry Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 9:15 am

After losing my mom this summer to some crazy nerve disease that the doctors couldn't really diagnose.

And this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs - That made you Cry   Songs - That made you Cry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Songs - That made you Cry
Page 1 of 1