Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

She Wants Revenge

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

She Wants Revenge Empty
PostSubject: She Wants Revenge   She Wants Revenge Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 7:27 pm

She Wants Revenge 1190743244SheWantsRevenge_ThisIsFor

Not that I'm expecting much interest here, but I thought I'd throw this out there just because ...

Anyone like She Wants Revenge? They are NOT a metal band (thus why I placed them in this forum). They are a new gothic/darkwave band from L.A. They are inspired by the 80s goth/darkwave scene but have a very original and unique sound. They have two albums out and I've picked both of them up. Their second one is a new release.

They are influenced by Joy Division, Depeche Mode, The Cure, and many others. But they have a much heavier sound than the prior mentioned bands. Not metal, but gooood goth rock.

Let's discuss.

🤘
Back to top Go down

She Wants Revenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: She Wants Revenge   She Wants Revenge Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 7:51 pm

I saw an EP by them for $2 in Nuggets the last time I was out. Looked like emo crap to me. Not sure if I'd like them by your description, though. Link some samples. =)
Back to top Go down

She Wants Revenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: She Wants Revenge   She Wants Revenge Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 8:11 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I saw an EP by them for $2 in Nuggets the last time I was out. Looked like emo crap to me. Not sure if I'd like them by your description, though. Link some samples. =)

No, they're not emo at all. Goth rock is what they are.

Here's the link to their myspace. I realize that many will not like them. I'm kinda a sucker for goth though. Next to metal - darkwave is my favorite genre.

http://www.myspace.com/shewantsrevenge
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

She Wants Revenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: She Wants Revenge   She Wants Revenge Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 8:18 pm

I have heard this band and dig them alot....

I like alot of goth and dark stuff....Never bring it up as I never thought there were too many others into it...

Cool!!!

You like SERAPHIM SHOCK?

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

She Wants Revenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: She Wants Revenge   She Wants Revenge Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 8:20 pm

I like this band alot...

I like loads of goth and darkwave stuff.....SERAPHIM SHOCK, ADVENT SLEEP, BELLA MORTE, CORPUS DELECTI....I could go on.....

I also think it's cool soeone else digs that stuff....

She Wants Revenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: She Wants Revenge   She Wants Revenge Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 8:35 pm

Hmmm...not sure if I could dig this often. They do sound a lot like Deadsy without the heavy guitars, and I love Deadsy.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

She Wants Revenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: She Wants Revenge   She Wants Revenge Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 9:06 pm

DEADSY rule...I have the '97 s/t...(my fave) as well as the 1st edition of "Commencement" ...

sorry for the near mirrored posts above...the first didn't take so I reposted then they both show p...and I can't delte the extra (I appear to have lost all my powers lately...only Admin can do anything!?)

She Wants Revenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: She Wants Revenge   She Wants Revenge Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 9:36 pm

Shiney wrote:
DEADSY rule...I have the '97 s/t...(my fave) as well as the 1st edition of "Commencement" ...
First edition? What's the difference?
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

She Wants Revenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: She Wants Revenge   She Wants Revenge Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 9:46 pm

I like She Wants Revenge

Good stuff, but Blackieboy forgot to mention that bit of Bowie Influence there too. hehe

I got their first CD and dyin to get their 2nd one...
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

She Wants Revenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: She Wants Revenge   She Wants Revenge Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 2:36 pm

Shiney wrote:
I like this band alot...

I like loads of goth and darkwave stuff.....SERAPHIM SHOCK, ADVENT SLEEP, BELLA MORTE, CORPUS DELECTI....I could go on.....

I also think it's cool soeone else digs that stuff....

Cool! 🤘

Yeah, next to metal - darkwave/goth is my favorite genre! It'll be cool to discuss some of this stuff here as well, cause like you said a lot of people aren't into it.

I like Corpus Delicti, Sisters of Mercy, Peter Murphy, and many others. London After Midnight is another cool one.

I've not heard Seraphim Shock or Deadsy. I'll add them to the list!

humble
Back to top Go down

She Wants Revenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: She Wants Revenge   She Wants Revenge Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 2:37 pm

Addy wrote:
I like She Wants Revenge

Good stuff, but Blackieboy forgot to mention that bit of Bowie Influence there too. hehe

I got their first CD and dyin to get their 2nd one...

Yeah, there's DEF some Bowie influence there as well! Good call.

Very Happy

I like both their albums, but I think I'm preferring their new one, "This is Forever" a little more.

Shiney, do you have both albums?
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

She Wants Revenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: She Wants Revenge   She Wants Revenge Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 7:09 pm

I actually don't have any of their cds...but I've heard them....

Eyesore: DEADSY "Commencement" the 2000 promo only version has different tracks...it was never officially released as they were dropped before it happened then signed to KORN's label and recut the album and released "Commencement" in 2002....

I can dupe it for you if you wish....

BBoy...you MUST check out SERAPHIM SHOCK....awesome band!!!!!

She Wants Revenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: She Wants Revenge   She Wants Revenge Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 2:35 pm

Shiney wrote:
BBoy...you MUST check out SERAPHIM SHOCK....awesome band!!!!!

Will do! Thanks man! Do they have a lot of cds out? Which should I start with?

🤘
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

She Wants Revenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: She Wants Revenge   She Wants Revenge Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 7:44 pm

"Red SIlk Vow" is the one I have...it's killer. They only have out a few discs...not too hard to track down...try Amazon.

She Wants Revenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: She Wants Revenge   She Wants Revenge Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 9:28 am

greedy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

She Wants Revenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: She Wants Revenge   She Wants Revenge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

She Wants Revenge
Page 1 of 1