Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Pet Peeves

Go down 
+13
muckie
Boris2008
Runicen
ZombieHavoc
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Thrasher73
the sentinel
chewie
tohostudios
TheGreatDuck
DakotaRogers
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Metal Pet Peeves  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Pet Peeves    Metal Pet Peeves  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 4:22 pm

S.D. wrote:
Many bands now finance their own recordings and only work with record labels for distribution that way they retain possession of their own masters.  If the record company pays for the recording...they own it.

I would bet the 2015 short summer Maiden England tour (with a few different songs) was really the "pay for The Book Of Souls" tour (along with add a little extra to the corp - I have NO issue with that as it is a business they are also running.)
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Metal Pet Peeves    Metal Pet Peeves  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 9:32 pm

I think Manowar is in on it. For their sake, I hope they are. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Metal Pet Peeves    Metal Pet Peeves  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 5:58 am

My pet peeve is more of a specific one, and that's in my local metal scene, if you don't like thrash or extreme metal then there's not much for you. Even the more melodic bands tend to employ harsh vocals to some extent, so for someone who generally doesn't like that vocal style, it can be rather frustrating.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Metal Pet Peeves    Metal Pet Peeves  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 1:33 pm

#3 for sure. I was so happy that the Relentless cover art didn't involve rotting flesh eaters. So tired of this standard.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Metal Pet Peeves    Metal Pet Peeves  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 1:40 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:

4. Any song with "thrash" or "metal" in the title.

You have made a very powerful enemy today.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Metal Pet Peeves    Metal Pet Peeves  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 5:45 pm

Jeepers affraid
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Metal Pet Peeves    Metal Pet Peeves  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 8:05 pm

I think you made him mad. "Metal Thrashing Mad" Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Pet Peeves    Metal Pet Peeves  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 8:23 pm

I think there have been plenty of songs in history with the words "Rock", "Metal", "Thrash", "Headbang-Headbanging-Headbanger", etc.  Can't really think of what's left to add there, I have a feeling those topics have been sufficiently explored already...like we never needed any more past the 1980s.....  Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Pet Peeves    Metal Pet Peeves  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Pet Peeves
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2