Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which Drummer Do You Prefer?

Go down 
+20
James B.
nevermore
Troublezone
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
Thelemech
Fat Freddy
Wurthless
chewie
Witchfinder
Glower
Addy
journeyman
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
the sentinel
Lari
Gilbert
MoonChild
Thrasher73
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which Drummer do you prefer?
Keith Moon
Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
John Bonham
Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Neil Peart
Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Vote_lcap34%Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 34% [ 12 ]
Bill Ward
Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 23% [ 8 ]
Buddy Rich
Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Ringo Starr
 0% [ 0 ]
Peter Criss
 0% [ 0 ]
Alex Van Halen
Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Carmine Appice
Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Cozy Powell
Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Nicko McBrain
Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 5 ]
Terry Bozzio
Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 35

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Drummer Do You Prefer?   Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 6:27 pm

Bozzio

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Which Drummer Do You Prefer?   Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 6:28 pm

went with Neil Peart
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Which Drummer Do You Prefer?   Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 11:40 am

Voted Bill Ward but I also really like Nicko and a few others on this list.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Which Drummer Do You Prefer?   Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 1:32 pm

Cozy Powell
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Which Drummer Do You Prefer?   Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 7:00 pm

Neil Peart, closely followed by Cozy Powell. I never saw Powell live sadly but Rainbow Rising and the subsequent Rainbow live albums are awesome.
Peart is in a league of his own, i've seen Rush in concert, i've seen concerts, i heard their music and honestly it's astounding how he sounds likes an octopus with 8 arms when he only has 2 arms and 2 feets. Watching his drum solos is mesmerizing.

In the comments Jeff Porcaro and Phil Collins where mentioned, i think those are the two drummers with such a unique sound that you simply can detect them. A lot of drummers are just drummers and get lost in the mix or are pushed in the background - or work with just one band like neil peart. Collins and Porcaro have such a distinctive style each, you hear them, like I Know There's Something Going On from Frida, you hear the first drum beat and you just know that's Phil Collins. Porcaro has the same on his work with Steely Dan on the Katy Lied or his work with Toto
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Drummer Do You Prefer?   Which Drummer Do You Prefer? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which Drummer Do You Prefer?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2