Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thrash Sophomore albums

Go down 
+21
nevermore
SideShowDisaSter
80s Metal Lady
journeyman
Dark Horseman
corplhicks
Boris2008
MoonChild
Gilbert
Thrasher73
James B.
Leatherface
Thelemech
metalken
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Witchfinder
Stender
ultmetal
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Who did it best SECOND time around?
Death Angel - Frolic Through the Park
Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
Exodus - Pleasures of the Flesh
Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Destruction - Eternal Devastation
Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
Testament - The New Order
Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 7 ]
Overkill - Taking Over
Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 7 ]
Annihilator - Never Neverland
Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 5 ]
Kreator - Pleasure to Kill
 6% [ 2 ]
Coroner - Punishment for Decadence
Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Flotsam & Jetsam - No Place for Disgrace
Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 36

AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thrash Sophomore albums   Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 11:41 pm

Wow, a lot of good ones here. I went with Kreator because Pleasure To Kill is my favorite album of theirs. I also like Never Neverland, The New Order, and Pleasures of the Flesh.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Sophomore albums   Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 9:40 am

Damn, not sure I could pick just one... Would have to give this a lot of thought.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Sophomore albums   Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 11:12 am

Overkill for me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Sophomore albums   Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 11:26 am

Testament.

The New Order was the first Testament album I owned. When I heard their version of Aerosmith's 'Nobody's Fault', I was hooked.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Sophomore albums   Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 7:57 am

This poll is unique in that Death Angel (Frolic), Testament (New Order), Exodus (Pleasures), Overkill (Taking Over), Flotsam & Jetsam (No Place), were my first albums from this group. There's a whole bunch of sentimentality that goes along with this poll. I believe that I bought "Frolic" and "The New Order" at the same time back in the fall of '88? I'm struggling with those two the most. I never got into Kreator until about a decade ago and tend to like their newer albums. I think the vocals were always a work in progress for myself. I've never had an Annihilator, Dark Angel, Destruction or Coroner album, but that will have to change. I listened to Punishment for Decadence for the "first" time a few days ago on Spotify and loved it. I listened to it another two times over the last couple of days. That will probably be my next album.

I will vote later today after I give a listen to Death Angel and Testament
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Sophomore albums   Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 4:33 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
I've never had an Annihilator, Dark Angel, Destruction or Coroner album, but that will have to change.

Give that Destruction a listen some time, if ya get the chance. It is an ear-bleeding album!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Sophomore albums   Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 4:47 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
I've never had an Annihilator, Dark Angel, Destruction or Coroner album, but that will have to change.

Give that Destruction a listen some time, if ya get the chance.  It is an ear-bleeding album!

Agreed. Infernal Overkill and Eternal Devastation are my favorites from Destruction.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Sophomore albums   Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 6:24 pm

S.D. wrote:
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

Give that Destruction a listen some time, if ya get the chance.  It is an ear-bleeding album!

Agreed.  Infernal Overkill and Eternal Devastation are my favorites from Destruction.  

I will definitely do that!

Every once in a while, I will see an Annihilator thread and I'm sure I've listened to them because of the thread. They happen to be one of those bands that I passed up back in the day, even though I remember seeing "Never, Neverland" on the shelves in whatever record store I frequented back in the day. I listened to the album on Spotify today and for whatever reason, it just didn't click with me. Jeff Waters is obviously a beast on lead guitar and a damn good rhythm player, but here is my problem I guess that I have with their sound. They don't sound like a two guitar attack (even though they are) and even though I appreciate the bass as an instrument, I'm not sure how I feel about it in the mix on this album? My other impressions of this album are this, it seems like they go from sounding like a thrash band to that of a power metal outfit, with some progressive tendencies? I'm fickle as it pertains to power metal and though I like progressive music, I tend to prefer progressive rock to that of progressive metal. Are my thoughts spot on or am I way off? Maybe I just need to play this album a few more times to fully appreciate their sound?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Sophomore albums   Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 7:05 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
My other impressions of this album are this, it seems like they go from sounding like a thrash band to that of a power metal outfit, with some progressive tendencies? I'm fickle as it pertains to power metal and though I like progressive music, I tend to prefer progressive rock to that of progressive metal. Are my thoughts spot on or am I way off?

I think you're focusing too much attention on genre and not enough on just listening to the album and experiencing it for what it is.

Don't worry about categorizing something immediately, get to know it first.

The best stuff? The stuff that doesn't neatly fit into any category.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Sophomore albums   Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:31 pm

Went with Testament, but could have easily went with Annihilator.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Sophomore albums   Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 12:21 am

A tie between Destruction and Kreator
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Sophomore albums   Thrash Sophomore albums - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thrash Sophomore albums
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2