Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ...

Go down 
+4
mc666
SideShowDisaSter
krokus
sovdat
8 posters
AuthorMessage
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ... Empty
PostSubject: Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ...   Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ... Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 4:55 pm

Angkor Wat - Corpus Christi
Aversion - The Ugly Truth
Baphomet - Latest Jesus
Death Power - The Bogeyman
Rumble Militia - They Give You the Blessing

I'm asking for both, musicial and market value Smile (Rumble Militia for $100 on Musicstack?!)
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ...   Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ... Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 5:03 pm

I can not realy help you because i have some RUMBLE MILITIA on vinyl, not on cd and about AVERSION, i have their second album, on cd but not THE UGLY TRUTH, same with BAPHOMET from Germany. Only have their NO ANSWERS album, but on lp and DEATH POWER i only know the name. sorry!!!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ...   Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ... Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 6:08 pm

I've heard these three enough times to comment on them:

Good album. Punk / hardcore tinged thrash. Nothing that will knock your socks off, mind you. You should be able to find this for cheap ($6 tops)

Baphomet - Latest Jesus
If you like Trust, you will DEFINITELY like this one. It's a more consistent all around effort than Trust is. A bit more rare, but not exceedingly so ($15-$20)

Do you like early Kreator? If so, you'll like this. Simple as that. Haven't seen this around for a while, so I'm not sure. I guess same as the Baphomet disc.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ...   Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ... Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 6:10 pm

i have a cdr of the rumble militia. got it in the newsgroups sometime back. i have a different album by Baphomet i think.

sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ...   Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ... Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 6:31 pm

Yeah, I really like that Trust album, but I had some mp3s from early
Baphomet (German, not US), and it was a disaster! Aversion is probably
similar to Fit to be Tied?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ...   Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ... Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 8:49 pm

Yah, I'd say it's similar to Fit To Be Tied.

I've not heard Baphomet's No Answers album, nor any of their early demos, so I don't know how those sounded. Latest Jesus sounds like Trust, but better, IMO. Better riffs, a little faster overall....just higher quality all around.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ...   Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ... Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 10:03 pm

Is Aversion that band that had a song called Hung with a pic of the members on the cover hanging on nooses? I think it is but i'm not sure cuz i haven't seen that record in a decade. The singer sounded a little like J.Hetfield.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ...   Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ... Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 10:26 pm

I like Rumble Militia! Very underrated...and very hard to come by.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ...   Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ... Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 10:58 pm

I have all of those. Rumble Militia being my fav of the five.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ...   Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ... Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 5:17 am

troublezone wrote:
Is Aversion that band that had a song called Hung
with a pic of the members on the cover hanging on nooses? I think it is
but i'm not sure cuz i haven't seen that record in a decade. The singer
sounded a little like J.Hetfield.

Yes, I bought that album a couple of days ago, it's called Fit to be Tied, and the singer sometimes sounds just like Hetfield Smile
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ...   Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ... Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 8:35 am

Sovdat, The guitar player's name was Dash right?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ...   Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ... Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 8:37 am

Where did you buy that Aversion cd? How much? I need that one.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ...   Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ... Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 9:35 am

I just went to Amazon and ordered all three Aversion cd's. 1 new and 2 used. I think they are similar to Uncle Slam in style. I would love to get the say uncle cd by Uncle Slam too.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ...   Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ... Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 9:54 am

Quote :
I would love to get the say uncle cd by Uncle Slam too.

Yah you, me, UncleSaxon, and a WHOLE BUNCH of other people besides. It was release on CD in Japan only, and been going for over $100 these days on eBay.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ...   Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ... Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 1:03 pm

Yes, the guitar player was Dash, he wrote all music and some lyrics as
well, the others were by their vocalist - it's funny to see only pic of
those two members in the booklet (and they're the only two who hadn't
have their heads hidden on a cover art as well). I found it in a used
CD shop here in Slovenia, for about $10, which is around average for
used CDs over here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ...   Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ... Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 8:15 am

sovdat wrote:
Angkor Wat - Corpus Christi
Baphomet - Latest Jesus
Rumble Militia - They Give You the Blessing

I'm asking for both, musicial and market value Smile (Rumble Militia for $100 on Musicstack?!)

I've never heard Death Power.

I have a couple of Rumble Militia tapes, but nothing on CD; I like what I have heard. It's more like pre-hardcore thrash. There is definitely a punk/hardcore influence.

Baphomet...if you like Trust, you'll like Latest Jesus.

Aversion...I had a copy of Fit To Be Tied and didn't care for it.

Angkor Wat...I liked the first album better.

)+(
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ...   Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ... Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 6:43 pm

Angkor Wat - Corpus Christi: Better than the debut by a mile. However, I never managed to get properly into this band. Hardcore/crossover was never my cup o tea I guess. Anyhoo, dont buy this album for big bucks! Instead go and pick the Metal Blade 1995 re-release of "When obscenity..." as it has this album included as bonus and you can get it for dirt-cheap at eBay (under $3 in most cases)

Baphomet - Latest Jesus: A bit rougher than Trust, this album corresponds to early mid-era Kreator in my opinion. Nothing really to brag about though, and I wouldnt pay more than $15 for it for sure

Death Power - The Bogeyman: Good French thrash in the German vein. They lost a bandmenber due suicide during the recording of the album which effectively killed the band too. This one is getting tricky to get and $15-20 would be a fair price I reckon.

Rumble Militia - They Give You the Blessing: Very underrated and crazy band I love a lot, especially the debut album is fantastic slab of crunchy speed/thrash. Reminds me somewhat of Wehrmacht, early uptempo Suicidal Tendencies, and even S.D.I. with some signature Schmier shrieks - very fresh and headbanging stuff. I think their vocalist was of Turkish descent, and being avid anti-nazi band they were known to let off the handle and start a fight with the audience any time there were skinheads showing them middle fingers Laughing very hard .
Their CDs seem to be hard to come by, but since no one really cares for this band if you see one on eBay it usually will go for cheap. $100 is plain ridiculous, but being on ATOM-H their first two releases are subject to collectors hunting, so they can go for quite a lot (but not $100 for sure, maybe $25-30 tops is a good price to pay)! The later stuff on Century Media is much more common and easy to get.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ...   Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ... Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 6:29 pm

I was friends with Aversion through their short career, bunch of very cool cool guys! If you have Fall From Grace look in the liner notes. Where it say's Aversion praises the Bat Child and thanx. Look 4th line from the bottom towards the right it says Todd Jaymz except they spelled it Todd James. That was 1999, I've since lost contact with Dash and Christian. If anyone ever comes across either on a board please let me know-TJ
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ...   Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ... Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 6:43 pm

Crap the original question haha, I have the Aversions, and Baphomet's/The Dead Shall Inherit. I don't have Angkor Wat but I do have everything they did under the name Skrew.-TJ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ...   Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ... Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 8:26 pm

Todd Jaymz wrote:
Crap the original question haha, I have the Aversions, and Baphomet's/The Dead Shall Inherit. I don't have Angkor Wat but I do have everything they did under the name Skrew.-TJ

Skrew were very underrated...

)+(
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ...   Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ... Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 11:32 pm

If you like INdustrial, Skrew were a great band!! I saw them live and it was a great set!!-TJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ...   Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone familiar with these thrash albums ...
Page 1 of 1