Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires

Go down 
+6
exact33
ultmetal
the sentinel
Runicen
ZombieHavoc
MetalGuy71
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Empty
PostSubject: Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires   Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 11:03 am

Hollywood Vampires coming Sept. 11th. , album cover, track list and guest stars...

Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Hollywoodvampirescd

01. The Last Vampire
02. Raise The Dead
03. My Generation
04. Whole Lotta Love
05. I Got A Line
06. Five To One/Break On Through
07. One/Jump Into The Fire
08. Come And Get It
09. Jeepster
10. Cold Turkey
11. Manic Depression
12. Itchycoo Park
13. School's Out/Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2
14. Dead Drunk Friends

* "The Last Vampire"

Narration: Sir Christopher Lee
Keyboards and Sound Design: Johnny Depp, Bob Ezrin and Justin Cortelyou

* "Raise The Dead"

(Johnny Depp, Bruce Witkin, Tommy Henriksen, Alice Cooper, Bob Ezrin, Rob Klonel)
Vocals: Alice Cooper
Guitars: Johnny Depp, Tommy Henriksen, Bruce Witkin
Drums: Glenn Sobel
Bass: Bruce Witkin
Background Vocals: Alice Cooper, Tommy Henriksen, Bob Ezrin

* "My Generation"

Guitars: Johnny Depp, Tommy Henriksen
Drums: Zak Starkey
Background Vocals: Tommy Henriksen,

* "Whole Lotta Love"

Vocals: Brian Johnson, Alice Cooper
Guitars: Joe Walsh, Johnny Depp,
Orianthi, Tommy Henriksen, Bruce Witkin
Harmonica: Alice Cooper
Bass: Kip Winger
Programming: Tommy Henriksen
Backing Vocals: Alice Cooper, Tommy Henriksen

* "I Got A Line"

Vocals: Alice Cooper, Perry Farrell
Guitars: Joe Walsh, Johnny Depp, Tommy Henriksen, Bruce Witkin
Drums: Abe Laboriel Jr.
Bass: Kip Winger
Background Vocals: Perry Farrell, Tommy Henriksen, Bob Ezrin

* "Five to One/Break On Through"

Guitars: Robby Krieger, Johnny Depp, Tommy Henriksen
Farfisa: Charlie Judge

* "One/Jump Into The Fire"

Vocals: Alice Cooper, Perry Farrell
Guitars: Robby Krieger, Johnny Depp, Tommy Henriksen, Bruce Witkin
Drums: Dave Grohl
Keyboard: Bob Ezrin, Bruce Witkin

* "Come And Get It"

Vocals: Paul McCartney, Alice Cooper
Guitars: Joe Perry, Johnny Depp
Piano: Paul McCartney
Bass: Paul McCartney
Background Vocals: Johnny Depp, Alice Cooper, Abe Laboriel Jr., Bob Ezrin

* "Jeepster"

Guitars: Joe Perry, Johnny Depp, Tommy Henriksen,
Background Vocals: Bob Ezrin

* "Cold Turkey"

Guitars: Joe Perry, Johnny Depp, Tommy Henriksen
Background Vocals: Alice Cooper, Tommy Henriksen

* "Manic Depression"

Guitars: Joe Walsh, Johnny Depp, Tommy Henriksen
Piano: Bob Ezrin

* "Itchycoo Park"

Guitars: Johnny Depp, Tommy Henriksen
Background Vocals: Alice Cooper, Tommy Henriksen, Bob Ezrin

* "School's Out / Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2"

Vocals: Alice Cooper, Brian Johnson
Guitar: Slash, Joe Perry, Johnny Depp, Tommy Henriksen, Bruce Witkin
Drums: Neal Smith
Bass: Dennis Dunaway
Background Vocals: Kip Winger, Bob Ezrin

* "Dead Drunk Friends"

(Johnny Depp, Bruce Witkin, Tommy Henriksen, Alice Cooper, Bob Ezrin)
Guitars: Johnny Depp, Bruce Witkin,
Piano: Bruce Witkin, Bob Ezrin
Background Vocals: Alice Cooper, Johnny Depp, Tommy Henriksen, Bruce Witkin, Bob Ezrin

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires   Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 11:05 am

Looks like an interesting line-up. Looking forward to it. Although LA Guns might take issue with that title. Razz

Here's a little sample...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires   Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 11:24 am

My god man, that looks like it will be fantastic.

I was just thinking yesterday that there should hopefully be some more info on this soon. A good choice of covers mostly. I'm excited to hear his version of "Jeepster". Weird to be doing "I Got A Line On You" again, but it's a good song and it's not like he's just reusing his old version of it.

I do wish their were a couple more new/original songs, as originally he had said 4 or 5 new ones.

Also...I first read it as "One/Jump in the Fire", and thought a Metallica cover medley seemed really out of place, but then saw it was ...INTO the fire...so I assume the Harry Nilsson song...so I guess "One" is the "One is the loneliest number..." song, which I always had assumed was a Three Dog Night original, but looking into it on Wiki now, it appears that it was originally by Nilsson as well. Had no idea.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires   Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 11:32 am

Yea, I was kinda hoping for a few more new songs mixed with covers, but oh well. I think he'll "Coop-up" the covers enough to make 'em sound fresh and new.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires   Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 8:10 am

Cool to see word of this. I was actually thinking last night about asking if anyone had heard anything about that "Night Shift" album being completed now that W2MN is done and dusted.

I'd definitely pick up a covers album from the Coop. Assuming this is a tribute to his (often long-deceased) drinking buddies from the 70s. Someone else may have more background on this than me, but his crew of Nilsson, Lennon, Moon, etc. were tagged the Hollywood Vampires. I also think his backing band on "Goes to Hell" had the same tag.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires   Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 9:02 am

Runicen wrote:
Assuming this is a tribute to his (often long-deceased) drinking buddies from the 70s.  Someone else may have more background on this than me, but his crew of Nilsson, Lennon, Moon, etc. were tagged the Hollywood Vampires.  I also think his backing band on "Goes to Hell" had the same tag.

Yeah when he first announced it, that's kinda what he said it was going to be.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires   Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 10:27 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Runicen wrote:
Assuming this is a tribute to his (often long-deceased) drinking buddies from the 70s.  Someone else may have more background on this than me, but his crew of Nilsson, Lennon, Moon, etc. were tagged the Hollywood Vampires.  I also think his backing band on "Goes to Hell" had the same tag.

Yeah when he first announced it, that's kinda what he said it was going to be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hollywood_Vampires

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires   Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 7:24 pm

I love covers albums. Psyched to hear this!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires   Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 4:57 pm

Should be interesting. I'm still trying to score a copy of Welcome 2 My Nightmare on vinyl.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires   Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 4:57 pm

Should be interesting. I'm still trying to score a copy of Welcome 2 My Nightmare on vinyl.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires   Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 5:47 pm

ill give it a listen. I still love W2MN.

assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires   Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 7:23 pm

Anybody know the name of the left handed bass player in the video? Sounds pretty good, Alice may have himself a keeper there. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires   Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 9:00 pm

I am a major Alice fanboy so I will be grabbing this. When I saw him live about 2 years ago, he did a few covers, The Doors, The Who and Hendrix tune
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires   Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 12:50 pm

Not sure if it's a mistake on someone's part, but this is supposed to be audio of the Coop's version of 'My Generation'. However, if you let it play through to the end, you can also play 'School's Out' with Brian Johnson, followed by 'My Dead Drunk Friends', and finally 'I Got A Line On You'. 4 for the price of 1  Laughing

EDIT: ok, so 'My Generation' won't embed, but the other 3 are here.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires   Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 5:19 pm

This just went on my list of cds to get
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires   Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 4:32 pm

Those 4 tunes were fun. Oddly, I wasn't as into the original as I assumed I'd be--but maybe it will grown on me. For "School's Out", at least this millionth time doing it, things are changed up a bit with the addition of Johnson and the Pink Floyd chorus that's fit in quite well. My favorite of the 4 was probably his new recording of "I Got A Line on You". I like this one better than his early 90s version of it.

Gonna be a fun record.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires   Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 3:21 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Gonna be a fun record.

I think so too. I just saw Alice for the first time live, opening for the Crue, and I've been revisiting his albums in anticipation.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3175

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires   Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 6:53 am

If it's better than L.A GUNS " Hollywood Vampires " - I'll be very impressed.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires   Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 9:38 am

I listened to this on the way to work, on Spotify. It's fun, but the one thing is that the Last Vampire intro/Raise the Dead kick off of the record is so strong it really makes me feel disappointed when a bunch of cover songs just happen afterward. Ha. Like, if they didn't open it with a kickass original then the covers woulda been more fun, as I wouldn't be comparing/jonesing for more original Alice.

But yeah, some of the covers are better than others. I didn't care for "Whole Lotta Love", but I don't care much for the original either, or Zep to begin with.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires   Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 11:42 am

I haven't played it yet, so I don't have any opinion on it, but I thought this was interesting to note...

If you're searching for this album either on-line or in a store, it appears to be billed as Hollywood Vampires, not Alice Cooper. I looked on-line at both Best Buy and FYE and came up empty when I searched for this as an Alice Cooper release.

When I went to Best Buy this morning, it was in the new releases and the 'H' section as Hollywood Vampires. Just an fyi if you can't find it.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires   Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 11:45 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
it appears to be billed as Hollywood Vampires, not Alice Cooper.

I had noticed that before. I kinda like it that it's technically being looked at as a band called Hollywood Vampires, versus the new Cooper cover record called "Hollywood Vampires."

Alice Cooper, the man and the name, is obviously the draw for his music/shows/etc, but I've always gotten the vibe that regardless, he views his band as the band...not backing musicians playing Alice Cooper songs while he sings.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires   Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 11:49 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
it appears to be billed as Hollywood Vampires, not Alice Cooper.

I had noticed that before. I kinda like it that it's technically being looked at as a band called Hollywood Vampires, versus the new Cooper cover record called "Hollywood Vampires."

Alice Cooper, the man and the name, is obviously the draw for his music/shows/etc, but I've always gotten the vibe that regardless, he views his band as the band...not backing musicians playing Alice Cooper songs while he sings.

Yea. It through me for a loop earlier in the week when I was searching Best Buy's website. I knew I was going today to pick up Slayer, but couldn't understand why they weren't stocking the new Alice album as well. Whatever. It's going in my collection as the latest Alice Cooper album.

\'arry \'eadbanger

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires   Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 11:51 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
It's going in my collection as the latest Alice Cooper album.

Ha, yeah I certainly would have to file it in between Welcome 2 My Nightmare and whatever his next album is.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires   Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 11:55 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I listened to this on the way to work, on Spotify. It's fun, but the one thing is that the Last Vampire intro/Raise the Dead kick off of the record is so strong it really makes me feel disappointed when a bunch of cover songs just happen afterward. Ha. Like, if they didn't open it with a kickass original then the covers woulda been more fun, as I wouldn't be comparing/jonesing for more original Alice.

But yeah, some of the covers are better than others. I didn't care for "Whole Lotta Love", but I don't care much for the original either, or Zep to begin with.

I'm kind of in agreement with you here.

The first and last songs that bookend the album are the only 2 originals and stand out as the best tracks. The covers are fine and are tweaked just enough to make 'em sound fresh, but I'm starting to wish Alice did a whole album of originals as a tribute to his "dead, drunk friends" instead.

I'm still liking the album as a whole and it'll probably make my Top 10 for the year, but now I think of what could have been and it bums me out a little.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires   Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 10:16 am

The Hollywood Vampires payed tribute to Lemmy last night at the Grammys. It's the most rockin' that event has seen in years....

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires   Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice Cooper - Hollywood Vampires
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: