Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite albums from the first half of 2015

Go down 
+27
MetalRob331
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
sovdat
Wurthless
exact33
the sentinel
Dark Horseman
thejokeriv
journeyman
Eyesore
Gilbert
Shawn Of Fire
Runicen
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
DakotaRogers
Thelemech
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Lurideath
IvanDragon
A Handful of Wayne
Required Fields
Boris2008
Witchfinder
glassprison
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Favorite albums from the first half of 2015 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums from the first half of 2015   Favorite albums from the first half of 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 12:35 pm

Forgot 

Ruby The Hatchet - Valley of the Snake

and want to add

Royal Thunder - Crooked Doors

Both fantastic records
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums from the first half of 2015   Favorite albums from the first half of 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 5:29 pm

Is the new scorpions any good? Still hesitating to pick it up.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums from the first half of 2015   Favorite albums from the first half of 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 6:15 pm

Orden Ogan-Ravenhead
Serious Black-As Daylight Breaks
Helloween-My God Given Right
Black Star Riders-The Killer Instinct
Armored Saint-Win Hands Down
Worldview-The Chosen Few
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums from the first half of 2015   Favorite albums from the first half of 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 7:01 pm

1.) Impellitteri - Venom
2.) Raven - Extermination
3.) Trixter - Human Era
4.) Armored Saint - Win Hands Down
5.) Whitesnake - The Purple Album
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums from the first half of 2015   Favorite albums from the first half of 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 7:26 pm

My top 10 Mid Year:

1. Wilson, Steve Hand.Cannot.Erase
2. Enforcer From Above
3. Anekdoten Until the Ghosts are Gone
4. Beardfish +4626 - Comfortzone
5. Impellitteri Venom
6. Morse, Neal The Grand Experiment
7. Tangent, The A Spark in the Aether
8. Eclipse Armageddonize
9. Scanner The Judgement
10. Helloween My God-Given Right

glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums from the first half of 2015   Favorite albums from the first half of 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 4:15 am

Quote :
Is the new scorpions any good? Still hesitating to pick it up.

I really like it. Keep in mind, however, that there are not that many "new" songs on it. Most of them were at least partially written at various stages throughout the band's history.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums from the first half of 2015   Favorite albums from the first half of 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 2:17 am

I haven't listened to many new releases this year, but my list looks like this:

The Tallest Man On Earth - Dark Bird is Home. His first release that isn't just sparse folk guitar, and I think it worked really well.

Between the Buried and Me - Coma Ecliptic. I really like the direction they're going, scaling back on the growls, adding a bit more cohesion to their generally schizophrenic songwriting style.

Steven Wilson - Hand.Cannot.Erase. I mean, it's Steven Wilson. Some didn't like that it's more accessible, but I really like it (I'm a sucker for pop sensibilities).

Laura Marling - Short Movie. She's definitely moving in a more indie direction, but hell, I like indie folk, so it's still fine in my eyes. It's definitely not as great as Once I Was An Eagle or I Speak Because I Can, but still great.

I still need to listen more to Armored Saint, Enforcer, and Leprous' new ones, but they could be up there too.

And I have a download of it, but I haven't listened to the new live King Crimson, but I need to do that (and eventually purchase it).

Doesn't really count, but the Yes - Progeny: Highlights from 72 is a new release I've really enjoyed. Live Yes is an experience.

And I didn't know a new Maiden album was confirmed, but holy hell am I stoked for that now. I loved The Final Frontier, and I'm sure I'll love this one. They can do no wrong in my eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums from the first half of 2015   Favorite albums from the first half of 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 2:37 am

Wurthless wrote:
I haven't listened to many new releases this year, but my list looks like this:

The Tallest Man On Earth - Dark Bird is Home. His first release that isn't just sparse folk guitar, and I think it worked really well.

Between the Buried and Me - Coma Ecliptic. I really like the direction they're going, scaling back on the growls, adding a bit more cohesion to their generally schizophrenic songwriting style.

Steven Wilson - Hand.Cannot.Erase. I mean, it's Steven Wilson. Some didn't like that it's more accessible, but I really like it (I'm a sucker for pop sensibilities).

Laura Marling - Short Movie. She's definitely moving in a more indie direction, but hell, I like indie folk, so it's still fine in my eyes. It's definitely not as great as Once I Was An Eagle or I Speak Because I Can, but still great.

I still need to listen more to Armored Saint, Enforcer, and Leprous' new ones, but they could be up there too.

And I have a download of it, but I haven't listened to the new live King Crimson, but I need to do that (and eventually purchase it).

Doesn't really count, but the Yes - Progeny: Highlights from 72 is a new release I've really enjoyed. Live Yes is an experience.

And I didn't know a new Maiden album was confirmed, but holy hell am I stoked for that now. I loved The Final Frontier, and I'm sure I'll love this one. They can do no wrong in my eyes.

Thanks for the reviews! Good to see you around.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums from the first half of 2015   Favorite albums from the first half of 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 2:43 am

Thanks man, I figured I'd stop in a bit more frequently. It'd been a good coupla months since I'd even been on here.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums from the first half of 2015   Favorite albums from the first half of 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 3:12 pm

Wurthless wrote:
Thanks man, I figured I'd stop in a bit more frequently. It'd been a good coupla months since I'd even been on here.

headbanger

sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums from the first half of 2015   Favorite albums from the first half of 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 5:55 pm

Lurideath wrote:
The Viking album isn't very good in my opinion. C level at best!

Yeah ... I really dug the two songs that were posted here and bought the CD, which was a bit of a let down. But since that's the only '15 album I bought (with the exception of Heathen's Rage compilation) and the only other recent thing I've heard was Nuclear Assault EP, it still qualifies as the best from this year Smile

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums from the first half of 2015   Favorite albums from the first half of 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 11:09 am

Been kinda lack-luster so far in 2015. Of the 13 new releases I've purchased, the only ones that have made any real impact on me are:

Armored Saint - Win Hands Down
Art of Anarchy - s/t
Night Demon - Curse of the Damned

There have been a few other "better-than-ok-but-not-great" albums too (Black Star Riders, Enforcer, Raven, Motor Sister). Mostly with those, they are pretty much what you'd expect from the artist. Good, but nothing that surprised me.

I haven't bought anything that has really disappointed so far though. So that's something. August and September have some releases with big expectations (Black Trip, Danzig, Ghost, Motorhead, Maiden, Slayer, The Sword, WASP, Riverside, Queensryche).

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums from the first half of 2015   Favorite albums from the first half of 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 3:17 pm

I added a couple more albums to my list on the first page.

Echolyn - I Hear You Listening. Very good album of pop oriented progressive rock, song-based and melodic.

The Aristocrats - Tres Caballaros. BRILLIANT instrumental fusion/rock music from Guthrie Govan (Steven Wilson), Marco Minneman (Steven Wilson) and Bryan Beller (Steve Vai, Joe Satriani). I'm definitely going to be picking up their previous releases.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums from the first half of 2015   Favorite albums from the first half of 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 8:21 am

S.D. wrote:

The Aristocrats - Tres Caballaros.  BRILLIANT instrumental fusion/rock music from Guthrie Govan (Steven Wilson), Marco Minneman (Steven Wilson) and Bryan Beller (Steve Vai, Joe Satriani).  I'm definitely going to be picking up their previous releases.  

The Aristocrats is good stuff. Anything with Guthrie Govan doesn't disappoint.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums from the first half of 2015   Favorite albums from the first half of 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 4:23 pm

In no particular order!

Tremonti - Cauterize
Pro-Pain - Voice of Rebellion
Like A Storm - Awaken The Fire
A Life Divided - Human
Sons of Texas - Baptized In The Rio Grande
Daniel Johns - Talk
Orden Ogan - Ravenhead

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums from the first half of 2015   Favorite albums from the first half of 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 5:13 pm

Yeah, Aristocrats are mind-blowing.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums from the first half of 2015   Favorite albums from the first half of 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 1:24 am

Most certainly Steven Wilson's latest. What a phenomenal, transcendent work.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums from the first half of 2015   Favorite albums from the first half of 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 1:16 am

Whitesnake...The Purple Album
Black Star Riders-The Killer Instinct
Sammy Hagar and The Circle...At Your Service
Pat Travers...Retro Rocket
Beauvoir Free....American Trash
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums from the first half of 2015   Favorite albums from the first half of 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 3:24 pm

Worldview - The Chosen Few
Impellitteri - Venom
Armored Saint - Win Hands Down

probably forgetting something else.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums from the first half of 2015   Favorite albums from the first half of 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite albums from the first half of 2015
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2