Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite soundtrack songs

Go down 
+21
stormspell
metalinmyveins
Thrasher73
Boris2008
James B.
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Citanul
Required Fields
chewie
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Runicen
the sentinel
bgsully
John Madden
Witchfinder
Thelemech
Eyesore
Vexer6
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 7:43 am

corplhicks wrote:
And I do love Brian May's score to Road Warrior 2.

That's not "Queen" Brian May, is it? I thought that B. May only did the soundtrack to Furia or whatever the movie was called.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 7:50 am

Runicen wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

That's not "Queen" Brian May, is it?  I thought that B. May only did the soundtrack to Furia or whatever the movie was called.

Different guy. This Brian May was from Australia and apparently worked only in the film industry.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 10:12 am

007 wrote:
Runicen wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

That's not "Queen" Brian May, is it?  I thought that B. May only did the soundtrack to Furia or whatever the movie was called.

Different guy. This Brian May was from Australia and apparently worked only in the film industry.

Oh good god. Decades have gone by with my total misunderstanding. I always assumed he had branched out on RW2.

Much appreciation for the correction.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 10:47 am

Loverboy had a couple of good soundtrack exclusive songs, "Destruction" on the soundtrack for the 1984 theatrical re-release of Metropolis and "Heaven In Your Eyes" from Top Gun.

There's also Trixter "One Mo Time" from "If Looks Could Kill" and Helix "It's Too Late" from Iron Eagle(also love the King Kobra title track for that film).

P.S. Apparently "Timeless Love" is available as a bonus track on the 2010 re-issue of Saraya's debut album.

Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 2:32 pm

Technically, this is from a musical, and not a movie, but it was exclusively recorded for that musical, so it fits. Razz

I remember getting chills the first time I heard that chorus. I mean... Jesus, that VOICE!

Apparently, it was a take 1 as well.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 4:15 pm

007 wrote:
Runicen wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

One of the movies he did the soundtrack for was Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare.  I don't think the Queen Brian May would have been too keen to work on something with that title...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 4:18 pm

Citanul wrote:
007 wrote:
Runicen wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

One of the movies he did the soundtrack for was Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare.  I don't think the Queen Brian May would have been too keen to work on something with that title...

Well, we had Jimmy Page do the score for Death Wish II, soooo...
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 6:19 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Citanul wrote:
007 wrote:
Runicen wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Well, we had Jimmy Page do the score for Death Wish II, soooo...
Yes, and Queen had the song "One Vision" on the soundtrack for Iron Eagle, so I doubt May would be that picky.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 6:27 pm

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 7:54 am

Alright, y'all just made me go to the bay and buy the first Bill and Ted OST. I gotta find a nice copy of the Bride of Chucky OST next. That had some great tunes on it!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 9:04 am

"The Pusher" by Steppenwolf from "Easy Rider"
"One Tin Soldier" by Coven from "Billy Jack"
"Everybody's Talking" by Nillson from "Midnight Cowboy"
"We All Die Young" from the "Rock Star" soundtrack
"Theme From Mahogany" by Diana Ross
"The Sting" by Marvin Hamlish from "The Sting"
"Last Action Hero" by Tesla from "Last Action Hero"

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 9:17 am

Citanul wrote:

Oh, snap! He went there! affraid

Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Obama-agrees-91577780403
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 8:57 pm

When I'm Gone - Ani DiFranco (from the Steal this Movie Soundtrack) I've tried to find a YouTube version but Ani's version is different and nowhere near as good and none of the others do it justice  Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 9:27 pm

James B. wrote:
"The Pusher" by Steppenwolf from "Easy Rider"

Definitely. That whole soundtrack album was great. I remember going record shopping with my Dad around 1985 and he wanted to get a replacement copy of the Easy Rider soundtrack. but it had been out of print for quite awhile. Years later when it was first reissued on CD I bought it on the day of release and mailed it to my Dad as a present.

Another song from the film that made a real personal impact on me was "If 6 Was 9" by Hendrix. Prior to hearing that song I only had the Smash Hits collection (which I liked, but Hendrix hadn't really "hit me" yet). The movie inspired me to buy Axis: Bold As Love and that was the album that really clicked with me and started a Hendrix obsession that has been going on for 30 years now.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 11:22 pm

James B. wrote:

"One Tin Soldier" by Coven from "Billy Jack"

Great song! I've just picked up the s/t Coven record. From what I've read that song was recorded as a Jinx Dawson sole effort and no other Coven members are on it, but was later decided to use the Coven name and include it on the album.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 11:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 4:00 am

James B. wrote:

Great song! I actually dig that whole soundtrack. All those Steel Dragon songs are good I think.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 7:24 am

Though it appeared two years earlier on the album "Let Love In", "Red Right Hand' was a song that stood out on the Scream soundtrack in 1996. It would also find it's way into Scream 2 and Scream 3. It's a creepy fun song that sets the mood for the movie's climactic ending.

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 11:22 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
James B. wrote:

Great song! I actually dig that whole soundtrack. All those Steel Dragon songs are good I think.

I would agree with this statement.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 11:39 am

chewie wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:
James B. wrote:

I would agree with this statement.

Same here.

These two Steel Dragon songs didn't make the soundtrack but are good too:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 1:05 pm

Was that Steel Dragon stuff ever released on it's own ? That would make for an interesting little album.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 7:11 pm

007 wrote:
Was that Steel Dragon stuff ever released on it's own ? That would make for an interesting little album.

I beleive I made a cd of just the Steel Dragon tunes a few years ago. But, no, I have not seen anything officially released.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 9:03 pm

Too bad. I might get the soundtrack but I'd like to have all their songs on cd.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 5:12 am

Here's my favorite on the Rockstar soundtrack

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 8:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite soundtrack songs
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next