Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite soundtrack songs

Go down 
+21
stormspell
metalinmyveins
Thrasher73
Boris2008
James B.
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Citanul
Required Fields
chewie
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Runicen
the sentinel
bgsully
John Madden
Witchfinder
Thelemech
Eyesore
Vexer6
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Favorite soundtrack songs Empty
PostSubject: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 10:41 pm

What are some of your favorite songs that are only available on movie/TV soundtracks?

Autograph's "You Can't Hide From The Beast Inside" from the Fright Night soundtrack is one of the band's best songs IMO, same with Shark Island's "Father Time" on the Bill And Ted soundtrack.

Last edited by Vexer6 on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 10:45 pm

The version of "No Ring Around Rosie" by KIX on the "Johnny Be Goode" soundtrack is a different recording than the one used on Blow My Fuse and is FAR superior. I was so pissed when Blow My Fuse came out and they re-recorded it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 10:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 10:53 pm

The Power Of Love and Back In Time by Huey Lewis And The News from Back To The Future. Razz
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 10:55 pm

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 11:08 pm

Who can forget this classic? BOOM!
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 7:02 am

I've always liked this one.  

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 7:59 am

Winger - Battle Stations is the first that comes to mind. There are a lot more but they have become available on box sets or GH comps like a lot of the Last Action Hero soundtrack songs.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 8:08 am

Funny thing with this song is that I only know about it because of SoulSeek, an old file-sharing platform I used for a few years in the early '00s. This was back when the Metallica/Napster thing was raging, so to avoid issue, popular tracks would often have either the correct song name or artist name, and some nonsense for the other half. I'd just heard Coverdale/Page and wanted to see what this David Coverdale dude was about. Hair metal and its relations never got much play in my house - more alt rock and classic rock from my folks, so I had NO idea who Coverdale was. Through SoulSeek, I found out about Northwinds AND this track. Great times!

How's this for a weird combination?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 11:43 am

First two that came to mind were BIG GUNS - AC/DC and WHAT KIND OF LOVE ARE YOU ON - Aerosmith

99 Ways to Die - Megadeth
Got To Hell - Megadeth
Juniors Gone Wild - King's X
Bordello of Blood - Anthrax

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 11:52 am

"You can't pluralize 'Lone'!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 12:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 12:30 pm

Also a big fan of Timeless Love and Out for the Count:

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 1:36 pm

AC/DC's Big Guns was my very first rock/metal song. Still have the tape of the radioplay from 1992.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 1:49 pm

All the original Fastway tunes for the Trick Or Treat soundtrack are great, I think.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 3:04 pm

I Still Believe is such an excellent tune! I prefer the version by The Call, though!

Junior's Gone Wild - King's X

The Perfect Crime - Faith No More
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 3:29 pm

Someday we'll get those EVH compositions from Wild Life on official release. What's available now may not be mind-blowing, but it is rather interesting what some of it has become over the years.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 4:06 pm

I didn't see this one mentioned yet:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 5:06 pm

Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 6:56 pm

chewie wrote:
I Still Believe is such an excellent tune! I prefer the version by The Call, though!

I'd probably agree with you if it weren't for the super duper cool sax that was added.  lol!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 7:32 pm

The Last Action Hero soundtrack is loaded with great songs, as is the Judgment Night soundtrack. And pretty much every White Zombie/Rob Zombie song on a soundtrack rules. Here are few others I really dig.

No mention of probably the two greatest soundtrack songs of all time? Come on! Haha. Anyway, I know few here like hip hop, but this song kicks all kinds of ass.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 9:03 pm

Eye Of The Tiger is also from the album of the same name, so not exclusively available on a soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 9:41 pm

I forgot one, and everyone else did, too:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 11:07 pm

S.D. wrote:
Eye Of The Tiger is also from the album of the same name, so not exclusively available on a soundtrack.  

True, but others have already broken that rule so I figured, what the hell?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 3:20 am

Humans Being, from Twister, is the best tune Van Hagar put together.

As much as I can't stand the movie I do love how Steve Stevens pulled off the Top Gun theme.

The Sponge Bob Movie (not the recent one) had a kickass Motorhead tune--I don't think it was released on any one album.

And I do love Brian May's score to Road Warrior 2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite soundtrack songs   Favorite soundtrack songs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite soundtrack songs
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next