Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society

Go down 
+13
Wrecked Neck
Vexer6
ultmetal
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Witchfinder
Gilbert
ZombieHavoc
Shawn Of Fire
DakotaRogers
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 6:30 pm

Troublezone wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I hate to say it, but I think Padden actually sounded much better than Jeff vocally. That being said, I wish Coburn Pharr was back in the band. He had a great clean voice that worked well with the music.

Coburn's too busy lording over plastic to be "In Command" of Annihilator.

Joe Comeau is a good choice, but I don't think he left on good terms.

What is "lording over plastic"?

I think he's referring to this:

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=652421&privcapId=4363226&previousCapId=4363226&previousTitle=TPI%2520Composites,%2520Inc
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 7:14 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I hate to say it, but I think Padden actually sounded much better than Jeff vocally. That being said, I wish Coburn Pharr was back in the band. He had a great clean voice that worked well with the music.

Coburn's too busy lording over plastic to be "In Command" of Annihilator.

Joe Comeau is a good choice, but I don't think he left on good terms.

What is "lording over plastic"?

I think he's referring to this:

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=652421&privcapId=4363226&previousCapId=4363226&previousTitle=TPI%2520Composites,%2520Inc

Yeah, I had no idea what he was doing these days... But from the video I just watched on youtube for the 70000 tons of metal concert, his voice still sounds pretty good for being out of the biz so long.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 2:39 am

Haven't really bought anything of theirs for years. Not sure why, but I just got bored with that band for some reason. I loved never never land though and still listen to it once in a while.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 11:21 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
That artwork is cool. I could not care less about Annihilator now, but I do like that artwork.

Same here. I've enjoyed most of their album artwork moreso than the music contained within for some time now. This new one is no exception.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 12:35 pm

Here's the new video for the title track:

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 2:36 pm

Not a bad tune.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 12:58 pm

Jeff's lip-syncing isn't very convincing, but I really like this song.

Can't wait to hear that sexy ballad that was featured in the album preview.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 8:40 pm

New song released today.

Much better than the title track, in my opinion. If this album turns out to suck, I know the chorus to this will be the title of some scathing review Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 8:45 pm

Agreed. This is a better tune than the title track.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 1:26 pm

Both songs are decent. I don't actually like the main riff of Suicide Society. There are some other riffs in the song that are cool though, especially that bridge between the two verses. Jeff's vocals aren't bad. Looking forward to checking out the rest of the album.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 11:58 pm

I thought the second track was pretty good, but didn't care for that title track one bit... Only got about halfway through it, got bored and turned it off.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 11:36 am

Agree with you guys. I enjoy the 2nd track a lot more than the first.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 10:03 pm

Ok I'll be the odd one who likes the first song better lol.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2015 2:30 am

Not bad. But I need more. I am sure the album will pack better tracks.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2015 10:19 am

I just looked at the deluxe preorder on iTunes. Apparently, it includes another batch of rerecorded songs like Feast did, along with 9 tracks of "Jeff Speaks".

1. Deadlock
2. Set the World on Fire
3. Knight Jumps Queen
4. Ambush
5. Never, Neverland
6. Time Bomb
7. Smear Campaign
8. Carnival Diablos
9. Reduced to Ash
10. I Am in Command
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 12:42 am

I gotta admit. They both sound horrible. Just my balanced and objective opinion lol.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 2:45 pm

The new album is streaming in its entirety here:

http://www.guitarworld.com/annihilator-premiere-new-album-suicide-society-exclusive/25486
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 3:01 pm

Something tells me this one will not be a total success...
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 4:20 pm

This one was much better than Feast, which blew it's load after the first 3-4 songs.

The choruses are massive, and the solos are some of the best in recent memory (Creepin' Again, Death Scent.) The songs themselves are relatively short and never overstay their welcome - very digestible.

The lyrics are lame, per usual, and Jeff doesn't utilize his band at all (it's a one-man show in the studio, save for the drums.)

Choice cuts:

1. Snap
2. Creepin' Again (almost sounds like a reworked version of Gallery from the Phantasmagoria demo)
3. Death Scent (mind-boggling solo)
4. Every Minute (Excellent album closer)
5. My Revenge (literally Damage Inc. but with a better chorus)

But wait, there's more! My version came with another batch of rerecorded Annihilator classics. While instrumentally, the songs are impressive; the vocals however are atrocious. It's like he just gives up halfway and says "F*ck it" and does his best Dave Padden impression.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 4:25 pm

Sounds like Annihilator to me. Not bad at all.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 3:56 pm

Picked this one up on CD. I'm diggin' it. Won't top their first three albums, but it's not bad and the production is far better than Waking the Fury. Man, if we could have had this production on that album it would have been the best thing they ever recorded.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 4:15 pm

I am finishing my third spin. With the exception of a couple of good tunes, the album is less than average.

nothing I would want to revisit anytime soon. Too bad.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 3:57 pm

Favorite song thus far, "My Revenge".

Really enjoyed Disc 2 with the Ravenstreet Sessions. The last recordings with Dave Padden.

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: