Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saxon - Battering Ram

Go down 
+20
brokentulsa
ultmetal
80s Metal Lady
assault_attack
Red Kitty
the sentinel
Glower
James B.
Dark Horseman
DallasBlack
Wargod
thejokeriv
nevermore
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Lari
glassprison
Gilbert
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saxon - Battering Ram   Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 2:48 pm

Sounds good to my ears!
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Saxon - Battering Ram   Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 11:05 am

Sounds GREAT! Can't wait for this one...
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Saxon - Battering Ram   Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 8:36 pm

Lari wrote:
Release date is October 16th.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/saxon-to-release-battering-ram-album-in-october-video-for-title-track-released/

Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Saxonbatteringramcdbigger

I would wear that t-shirt..
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Saxon - Battering Ram   Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 3:16 pm

I like it but it seems a little dark for Saxon.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Saxon - Battering Ram   Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 7:26 pm

Anyone getting VIP tickets to see Saxon? I'm driving to Riverside, CA to meet Saxon on their tour bus, and we will get to listen to some of the new album. I hope to meet and get my photo taken with the band (part of the VIP package, but things can change). Motorhead is the headliner of the concert. I would have rather gone to San Diego to see Saxon because Armored Saint was on the card and I am just getting into their music. I couldn't get the travel day off from work to make that happen, so opted for Riverside.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Saxon - Battering Ram   Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 7:56 pm

Look forward to anything from Saxon.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Saxon - Battering Ram   Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 6:52 am

Pre-ordered. Regular jewelcase. Not sure if there are any special editions or bonus tracks anyway.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Saxon - Battering Ram   Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 2:22 am

What I like about saxon is the fact that, the older they get, the heavier they become.

they do not experiment, go soft or progressive.

they just give me what I expect: straight forward heavy metal. The good old recipe.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Saxon - Battering Ram   Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 3:07 pm

Saxon have released lyric video for the new track "Queen of Hearts." Also their new album has been pushed back to 10/30/15.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Saxon - Battering Ram   Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 7:00 pm

How can it be pushed back a week before release?!

The shop I ordered mine from still has it listed as 10/16
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Saxon - Battering Ram   Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 12:58 pm

I plan to get this but I did notice it was a little more expensive than normal....
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Saxon - Battering Ram   Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 2:08 pm

Definitely buying it.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Saxon - Battering Ram   Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 2:10 pm

Saxon has been pure Gold for many years now.... this one is gonna be mine!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Saxon - Battering Ram   Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 11:32 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Saxon have released lyric video for the new track "Queen of Hearts."  Also their new album has been pushed back to 10/30/15.

My copy was mailed out this morning, so this rumor about a push back can't be true.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Saxon - Battering Ram   Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 12:05 pm

Lari wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Saxon have released lyric video for the new track "Queen of Hearts."  Also their new album has been pushed back to 10/30/15.

My copy was mailed out this morning, so this rumor about a push back can't be true.

Are you in the U.S. because I think this is in the US only. Amazon won't ship until 10/30.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Saxon - Battering Ram   Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 1:34 pm

Right. No, I'm not. German Amazon ships already, so buyers get it by this Friday.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Saxon - Battering Ram   Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 9:27 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

Good stuff! Thanks, WF. Any word on wy it was pushed back? Oh, well, since I am not getting this Friday I guess I will spend the money on the other live Deep Purple I am missing.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Saxon - Battering Ram   Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:53 am

I am sure this is gonna be a great saxon album and will be in my top 5 for 2015.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Saxon - Battering Ram   Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 12:12 pm

[quote="the sentinel"]
Witchfinder wrote:

/quote]

Good stuff! Thanks, WF. Any word on wy it was pushed back? Oh, well, since I am not getting this Friday I guess I will spend the money on the other live Deep Purple I am missing.

I am not sure why it was pushed back. The article gave no explanation. Maybe there was some type of manufacturing delay?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Saxon - Battering Ram   Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 8:16 pm

I think you are right about it being something to do with the manufacturing process. This actually happened with the last Saxon album too as they were unsure of the formats they wanted to produce.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Saxon - Battering Ram   Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 10:01 pm

I wanna get the vinyl but it's 40 bucks! Yes, the American release is 10/30
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Saxon - Battering Ram   Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 11:35 am

In anticipation of the new one, I played Sacrifice again today and it's such a terrific record! Inspired and powerful. I don't know how they still do it. One of the best Saxon albums ever.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Saxon - Battering Ram   Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 11:53 am

I'm always ready for new Saxon... they haven't put out a less then stellar album in decades.... (wow decades?!?!.... yup!!)

And live they still kill it period....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Saxon - Battering Ram   Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 5:28 pm

With all these kickass comments, my namesake feels vindified [not a real word, but so what]
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Saxon - Battering Ram   Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 7:11 am

I've got it. It was actually a digibook. So I don't even know if there is a jewel case version out. Label is UDR.

I played the first 5 tracks on the way to work, and they went by very quickly. Now I'm worried there's not enough material on the album to keep me satisfied for long!

Pretty heavy stuff. Probably the heaviest sounding Saxon album. Not like aggressive or thrashy, but a thick, bottom-heavy, pounding sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saxon - Battering Ram   Saxon - Battering Ram - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saxon - Battering Ram
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next