Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RIP Sky Saxon

Go down 
+2
Schbopo
rattpoison
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

RIP Sky Saxon Empty
PostSubject: RIP Sky Saxon   RIP Sky Saxon Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 9:59 pm

Sky Saxon lead singer of legendary 60's group the Seeds passed away today.

This is really sad because Sky was such a maverick and innovator, he was up there with guys like Roky Erickson, Syd Barrett, Arthur Lee and Brian Jones from that era. A huge influence on so many to come. Muddy Waters once described the Seeds as America's Rolling Stones, they were punk before there was punk. Their song "Pushin' Too Hard" was named one of Rolling Stones 500 songs that shaped Rock N' Roll and they have been covered by everyone from the Ramones to Garbage back to Johnny Thunders.

This is one of the greatest singles of all time.............

RIP Sky Saxon The20seeds

RIP Sky........

Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

RIP Sky Saxon Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Sky Saxon   RIP Sky Saxon Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:02 pm

Not all that familiar with the Seeds other than one or two songs, but it sucks regardless. Seems like everybody's dying today.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

RIP Sky Saxon Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Sky Saxon   RIP Sky Saxon Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:02 pm

Damn, double post.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

RIP Sky Saxon Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Sky Saxon   RIP Sky Saxon Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:27 pm

The seeds ruled. Man, everybody IS dying today. Sad

RIP SKY SAXON
Back to top Go down

RIP Sky Saxon Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Sky Saxon   RIP Sky Saxon Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:33 pm

It's been an odd day, that's for sure. R.I.P.

Pushin' Too Hard is such a GREAT song...
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

RIP Sky Saxon Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Sky Saxon   RIP Sky Saxon Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:34 am

I was once going to pick up a Seeds compilation, than decided against it. What a weird month, everyone is dropping dead.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

RIP Sky Saxon Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Sky Saxon   RIP Sky Saxon Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:44 am

The Ramones covered "Can't Seem To Make You Mine" on their ACID EATERS album.... that was the first time I'd even heard of them. R.I.P. Seeds guy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

RIP Sky Saxon Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Sky Saxon   RIP Sky Saxon Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:47 am

Don't recall every hearing of the band, yet oddly enough, I recognized both songs instantly. I guess I can thank my dad for years of listening to the "oldies station" on long car trips.

Fare thee well, Mr. Saxon.

RIP Sky Saxon Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Sky Saxon   RIP Sky Saxon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIP Sky Saxon
Page 1 of 1