Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2 Empty
PostSubject: Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2   Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 9:49 pm

http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/2015/05/we-wont-be-back.html

Part 2 of my attempt to explain the mysteries of the confusing Diamond Head CD Discography is now up! In the final installment I cover their later studio albums, compilations and live albums. It's even more confusing than Part 1! Also, if you have a compilation by the name of Am I Evil or Behold The Beginning, this will explain what they are. By the way, there are four different Am I Evil compilations. Of course.

Enjoy and thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2   Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 2:26 pm

I'll have to check it out. I do have one of the Am I Evil comps and Behold The Beginning. I remember getting Behold on Cassette. But it was the reissue one with the big house on the cover. Later I found out it was basically their first album. Years later I found the Am I Evil comp on cd, the one with the train looking thing on the cover. I was a little confused with it because later on when I was able to get other albums those songs had a different sound completely.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2   Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 2:30 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I'll have to check it out. I do have one of the Am I Evil comps and Behold The Beginning. I remember getting Behold on Cassette. But it was the reissue one with the big house on the cover. Later I found out it was basically their first album. Years later I found the Am I Evil comp on cd, the one with the train looking thing on the cover. I was a little confused with it because later on when I was able to get other albums those songs had a different sound completely.

I think your experience mirrors that of most of us that bought Diamond Head comps - as in total confusion! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2   Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 6:35 pm

Finally was able to read your blog. Thanks for setting everything straight haha. I actually liked the newer singer. He wasn't too different from Sean but he did seem to maybe trying to copy him. I have the White reissue of Lightening to the Nations. I think its pretty good. Even if the newer one is better I got what I got and don't care enough to hunt down the other version. I also have the two Metal Mind reissues and I'm fine with those. Bootlegs or not, they sound good to me. That label is another question as to whether they are legit or not. They had a huge issue with releasing the Crimson Glory box set. I'm used to those remixes and don't think they sound that bad. Its kind of how I originally heard them so its kinda hard to go back and hear what they originally sound like. I like it all either way. Just a shame they never really got their shit together because they really could have been a better band. Not only is their discography confusing but their music can be at some times too haha. If it wasn't for Metallica none of us would have heard of them.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2   Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 7:09 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Finally was able to read your blog. Thanks for setting everything straight haha. I actually liked the newer singer. He wasn't too different from Sean but he did seem to maybe trying to copy him. I have the White reissue of Lightening to the Nations. I think its pretty good. Even if the newer one is better I got what I got and don't care enough to hunt down the other version. I also have the two Metal Mind reissues and I'm fine with those. Bootlegs or not, they sound good to me. That label is another question as to whether they are legit or not. They had a huge issue with releasing the Crimson Glory box set. I'm used to those remixes and don't think they sound that bad. Its kind of how I originally heard them so its kinda hard to go back and hear what they originally sound like. I like it all either way. Just a shame they never really got their shit together because they really could have been a better band. Not only is their discography confusing but their music can be at some times too haha. If it wasn't for Metallica none of us would have heard of them.  

The 2001 Sanctuary version of Lightning To The Nations is very good.  It's out of print now, but it sounds very nice and the liner notes are pretty good.  I wouldn't replace it.

I think the remixes suck compared to the original versions, but like you, that's how I first heard them and I liked them at the time. Ah well, they were better than nothing when they came out, that's for sure.

Metal Mind Records is baffling to me.  I personally think their versions of Borrowed Time and Canterbury aren't bootlegs, but the band was completely unaware of their existence.  My guess is they don't ask any of the bands that they reissue for any kind of permission.

Anyway, thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2   Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 10:09 pm

cool

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2   Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 10:23 pm

Very nice reviews... do they ever have a lot of compilations, lol!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2   Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 12:47 am

Thelemech wrote:
Very nice reviews... do they ever have a lot of compilations, lol!

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2   Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 12:45 pm

Nice job summarizing that confusing mess of a discography. While I'll still hold onto my copy of Behold the Beginning for sentimental reasons, I have a copy of the 2-disc anthology coming my way on your recommendation. 'Bout time I fattened-up my Diamond Head collection.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2   Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 12:57 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Nice job summarizing that confusing mess of a discography. While I'll still hold onto my copy of Behold the Beginning for sentimental reasons, I have a copy of the 2-disc anthology coming my way on your recommendation. 'Bout time I fattened-up my Diamond Head collection.

Thanks! I hope you enjoy that compilation. It's got a nice selection of tracks.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2   Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 1:00 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Thanks!  I hope you enjoy that compilation.  It's got a nice selection of tracks.

If it stinks, I'm sending my flying monkeys to fling flaming bags of poop at you.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2   Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 1:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Thanks!  I hope you enjoy that compilation.  It's got a nice selection of tracks.

If it stinks, I'm sending my flying monkeys to fling flaming bags of poop at you.

Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2   Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diamond Head - Unraveling the mysteries of their CD Discography - Part 2
Page 1 of 1