Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diamond Head new album

Go down 
+7
HeavyThrashhead
Boris2008
Temple of Blood
Gilbert
TrogDawn
Required Fields
choosemetal
11 posters
AuthorMessage
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

Diamond Head new album Empty
PostSubject: Diamond Head new album   Diamond Head new album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 4:05 pm

A recent post on their Facebook page Diamond Head is confirming they are writing and will be a recording a new album this year.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head new album   Diamond Head new album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 9:50 pm

I wonder if they'll go back to the disco sound they attempted circa 1984.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head new album   Diamond Head new album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 11:47 pm

Diamond Head wrote:
Diamond Head are currently midway through writing a new album, which is expected to be released later this year. It will be the first studio album for eight years and the first to feature new vocalist Rasmus Bom Andersen, who joined the band in 2014.
Diamond Head are fired up by the new songs that hark back to the band’s heyday. They hit the studio on July 6th. Several new songs will be premiered on their upcoming dates at the end of the month.
Diamond Head new album 11118991_908859079162197_7093986740435479629_o

Damn...another new vocalist? The last guy was good, but it took all I had to overlook that he was replacing Sean Harris...one of my favorite vocalists of all time. This should be interesting...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Diamond-Head/138181822896597?fref=ts
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head new album   Diamond Head new album Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 12:08 am

Cool!
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head new album   Diamond Head new album Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 2:31 am

You, know I think Sean Harris was just an amazing vocalist. The last singer they had was good but just like Trogdawn said he was no Sean Harris. I'll check this out but I'm iffy if it's going to be a really good album.

Last edited by choosemetal on Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head new album   Diamond Head new album Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 10:45 am

I thought that last singer they had was amazing. Looking forward to hearing more from them.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head new album   Diamond Head new album Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:03 am

I've heard some of the new album and it hasn't blown me away yet but this song is pretty representative and it's pretty good.
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head new album   Diamond Head new album Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 3:14 pm

i'm kinda suprised by this album, never gave the stuff after 1984 a listen but have heard many negative reviews on those albums released after Cantebury.

i've given this a second listen and it seems to get better with each listen. it's like if you combined the raw rocking nature of Lightning to the Nations with the melodic nature of Borrowed Time but with less focus on long epic lengths. just simple straight to the gut in places, with a few exeptions. just a fine solid album. hope they continue in this route but progress with it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head new album   Diamond Head new album Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 5:16 pm

I gave the new D.H. a spin on Spotify a couple of nights ago. Sounded pretty good. One of my buddies just got tickets to see them at the Whisky a Go-Go in L.A. in November.

Brian Tatler is the only original member left at this point, isn't he?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head new album   Diamond Head new album Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 8:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I gave the new D.H. a spin on Spotify a couple of nights ago. Sounded pretty good. One of my buddies just got tickets to see them at the Whisky a Go-Go in L.A. in November.

Brian Tatler is the only original member left at this point, isn't he?

yes, he is the only original member left.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head new album   Diamond Head new album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 8:43 am

This album has the most authentic retro sounding production in modern times!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head new album   Diamond Head new album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 10:06 am

Pretty good, pretty good, pretty neat, pretty neat...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head new album   Diamond Head new album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 1:01 pm

This is on my wants list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head new album   Diamond Head new album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diamond Head new album
Page 1 of 1