Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rank the PC69 albums!

Go down 
+8
Infinite
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
kethdredd
chewie
Lari
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

Rank the PC69 albums! Empty
PostSubject: Rank the PC69 albums!   Rank the PC69 albums! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 11:54 pm

I was going to post this on the Celebration thread, but seeing as it's two years old and probably ran its course and already got totally derailed anyway, I'll just start a new Pink Cream 69 thread.

I've been a fan for over a decade, but only recently filled in (almost all of) the blanks in my collection and now own all of their albums, save for "Change". I've been listening to them quite a lot, and I'll try and rank them all in order of preference.

Rank the PC69 albums! Pink_Cream69

1. Sonic Dynamite
- the most "metal" album of the Readman-era, full of earworms and absolute monster choruses 10/10

2. One Size Fits All
- a pretty damn perfect heavy metal record. Track list reads like a "best of". I'll pick Signs of Danger as a personal favourite, but this is freakin' great top to bottom! 10/10

3. Electrified
- maybe the most popular of all their albums. Kind of half a step towards being power-metalish at times. Readman sounds great here. A point deducted from the ballads towards the end. But even those are okay, and this is a classic. 9/10

4. Pink Cream 69
- the self-titled debut sometimes goes a little too far into cliche territotory, but you can't help but love the music. Fun record and it's all over the place, musically 9/10

5. In10sity
- maybe an odd pick? But I love it, and it has some of my favourite newer PC69 tracks like Crossfire (great track to listen to while jogging). Two points deducted from a couple of more mediocre tracks that don't do much for me. 8/10

6. Ceremonial
- the latest, and one of the best of the year by any band. Songs are great, but the middle part kind of drags and the overall sound can numb your ears a little. This could be a point higher, but I'll be critical. Still an excellent album. 8/10

7. Games People Play
- the weakest of the Deris-era. But that doesn't mean anything really, considering the quality of the other two. Some classic PC69 songs, but you hear a little bit of the sound of the era here (1993), and that to me, is not a great thing. 8/10

8. Endangered
- consistent, and with some highlights, and it's a shame to push it so far down the rankings. I think ranking it so low has something to do with it being the follow-up to my favourite album, and it kind of gets overshadowed. I'll still give it 8/10

9. Thunderdome
- consistent again, make no mistake, but the AOR-ish vibe makes this among my least favourites. The second half is excellent though, and I'll listen to this and leave off on a high note. The last two tracks are my favourites. 7/10

10. Food for Thought
- good shit, but there has to be a loser. This is also my latest acquisition, and I didn't feel comfortable putting it last at first, but I've owned it for months now and since it doesn't stand out and since this is my list... well, make of it what you will. I'll still give it 7/10

They are all so good this was pretty painful. What do you have?
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Rank the PC69 albums!   Rank the PC69 albums! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 2:13 am

I need to bust these out again and listen to them. I do not have the latest album,but all of the others though.

I'd probably put Thunderdome as my number 1 since that is THE album that got me into them. I would rate Games People Play higher as well.... I would put it in my top 5.

Gotta think more on it.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Rank the PC69 albums!   Rank the PC69 albums! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 8:55 am

1 Thunderdome
2 Intensity
3. Endangered
4. Electrified
5. Ceremonial
6. S/T

2-5 are all interchangeable based on the phase of the moon.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39507

PostSubject: Re: Rank the PC69 albums!   Rank the PC69 albums! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 9:06 am

I have never heard one thing from this band but Lari you've really piqued my interest. I'm going to have to try them out.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rank the PC69 albums!   Rank the PC69 albums! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 9:44 am

I recently filled in some gaps in my PC69 collection, so I couldn't fairly rank them just yet. I need to live with them for a little while. I know Electrified and Sonic Dynamite would 1 and 2 on the list though. They were the first 2 discs I got ages ago, so they have sentimental value to them.

I honestly have yet to hear a bad album from these guys. They have all been consistently good to great in my opinion. The only album I hear negative comments from is Change, which also happens to be the one album I don't have.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Rank the PC69 albums!   Rank the PC69 albums! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 1:30 pm

Too tough to rank. They are so good each time.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Rank the PC69 albums!   Rank the PC69 albums! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 4:37 pm

I agree that Games People Play is a little weak overall but it still contains my all time favorite PC69 song:

Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Rank the PC69 albums!   Rank the PC69 albums! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 10:09 pm

Listened to a bit of PC 69 today. Reminded that I absolutely HATE the S/T album, I can't stand the singer at all.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: Rank the PC69 albums!   Rank the PC69 albums! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 8:56 am

kethdredd wrote:
Listened to a bit of PC 69 today.  Reminded that I absolutely HATE the S/T album, I can't stand the singer at all.

I think you'll find yourself to be in the minority here, regarding Andi Deris.
Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Rank the PC69 albums!   Rank the PC69 albums! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 12:11 pm

Lari wrote:
kethdredd wrote:
Listened to a bit of PC 69 today.  Reminded that I absolutely HATE the S/T album, I can't stand the singer at all.

I think you'll find yourself to be in the minority here, regarding Andi Deris.

Guess I'm in the minority too, because I much prefer Readman. Never been a big fan of Deris.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Rank the PC69 albums!   Rank the PC69 albums! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 12:14 pm

I definitely prefer Readman on vocals but I like Deris-era PC69 too.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Rank the PC69 albums!   Rank the PC69 albums! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 12:49 pm

I need to get a lot more of these guys as I only own Electrified. I found it new at a dollar store and really liked it. They are definitely on the want list, but I just never see any of their stuff around at the local haunts.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Rank the PC69 albums!   Rank the PC69 albums! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 1:01 pm

Electrified
Endangered
Thunderdome
Ceremonial

That's all I've got.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Rank the PC69 albums!   Rank the PC69 albums! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 1:02 pm

Not a huge fan, I feel like they are a step down from Helloween but that's just my opinion. One Size is a great album and I really like Electrified. After that, I feel they have too many mediocre songs on each album.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Rank the PC69 albums!   Rank the PC69 albums! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 1:18 pm

I only own one album from them - Electrified, so I'll vote that #1. I have never heard any of their other albums.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rank the PC69 albums!   Rank the PC69 albums! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rank the PC69 albums!
Page 1 of 1