Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Midnight Chaser

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Midnight Chaser Empty
PostSubject: Midnight Chaser   Midnight Chaser Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 12:53 pm

Anybody here familiar with this traditional metal band from San Francisco?  They had an EP and album out on Heavy Artillery records back in 2010/2011 and then went dormant until last year when they released the Lion's Choice LP. Their lead singer sounds very much like Chris Bradley from NWOBHM legends Savage. In fact, they cover the Savage gem "Cry Wolf" on their latest LP. I assume they took their band name from the White Spirit song. It looks like they are going to be a support act for Night Demon on their next U.S. Tour.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Midnight Chaser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chaser   Midnight Chaser Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 3:52 pm

The name didn't ring any bells, however the cover of their first album looked familiar...
Midnight Chaser 1342794159_midnightchaser2011
You don't forget a cover like that!!  Razz They must've got a mention around here before. Either that or they were an Amazon recommendation.

Anyway, those new tracks sound really good. I just have to be careful with my music buying as of late. Too many new "traditional metal" bands are starting to saturate my collection and will get lost in the shuffle. I did that a few years ago with that next wave of old-school thrash bands.

Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

Midnight Chaser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chaser   Midnight Chaser Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 4:46 pm

I can't seem to find any physical media anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Midnight Chaser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chaser   Midnight Chaser Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 4:54 pm

kethdredd wrote:

That's because their EP and first LP were on Heavy Artillery Records which was bought out by Earache Records and the new LP was only released digitally.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Midnight Chaser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chaser   Midnight Chaser Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 10:12 am

kethdredd wrote:

The Rough & Tough cd can be found on both Amazon and ebay, albeit a little pricey.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

Midnight Chaser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chaser   Midnight Chaser Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 10:53 am

You guys keep pointing out all these good bands I'd like to check out but I can't even afford to keep up with all the gaps in my collection as is. In other words, too many bands, not enough cash.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Midnight Chaser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chaser   Midnight Chaser Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 11:43 am

007 wrote:
You guys keep pointing out all these good bands I'd like to check out but I can't even afford to keep up with all the gaps in my collection as is. In other words, too many bands, not enough cash.

An all-too-common lament. Do you know how many organs I had to harvest from local hobos for the black market last year to keep up my collection? A lot.

Midnight Chaser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chaser   Midnight Chaser Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Midnight Chaser
Page 1 of 1