Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost

Go down 
+4
Gilbert
assault_attack
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
8 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost Empty
PostSubject: Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost   Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 6:21 pm

I can't believe it took me so long to pick up Brainstorm's latest. I guess just a log-jam of "wants". But I just got it and, wow, they are hitting on all cylinders. I'm so pleased with this. I'll need a few more listens, but on first impression I'd say it's their best since Liquid Monster, which is saying a lot.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost   Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 6:27 pm

Wow!  Now I'm interested.  I pretty much gave up on Brainstorm after LM because their next several releases just didn't do much for me.  Coincidently over the weekend I found a lost USB drive under the driver seat and I was spinning that today.  One of the tracks that came up was "Inside The Monster".  That whole album still does it for me; it's so heavy yet simultaneously so melodic.

I'll have to check this new one out.

Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost   Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 9:42 pm

I gave it a 5.5 out of 6 at rockreport.be

Played it to death, Highly recommend!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost   Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2020 12:52 am

Man, i still keep on missing this one, simply because it's easily available i guess.

I go into a record shop, hold the cd in my hands but end up putting it back on the shelves and picking up something else instead, usually a rarity.

This one, along with Memorial Roots, are the only two Brainstorm studio albums still missing from my collection.

But both are on my want list.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost   Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2020 12:37 pm

I lucked out and found it used not too long after it was released. Another fantastic Brainstorm release.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost   Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2020 10:06 pm

Gilbert wrote:

I go into a record shop, hold the cd in my hands but end up putting it back on the shelves and picking up something else instead, usually a rarity.
I've had that happen so many times with a couple of discs. 2112 by Rush, Bent out of Shape by Rainbow and a few others. I always pick them up when I see them and go "I could pick this up this time", but never do.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost   Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2020 3:21 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Wow!  Now I'm interested.  I pretty much gave up on Brainstorm after LM because their next several releases just didn't do much for me.  Coincidently over the weekend I found a lost USB drive under the driver seat and I was spinning that today.  One of the tracks that came up was "Inside The Monster".  That whole album still does it for me; it's so heavy yet simultaneously so melodic.

I'll have to check this new one out.

Don't think they'll ever top Liquid Monster, but I've enjoyed every album since that one. Liquid Monster was just perfect in every way. Hard to top that, but they're still top shelf in my book. Blind buys for me every time.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost   Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2020 3:37 pm

I have four of their CDs now, and I'm not rushing to buy more.

I'd see them live if they came by (and the world wasn't in a crisis).
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost   Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2020 4:11 pm

Lari wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I've had that happen so many times with a couple of discs. 2112 by Rush, Bent out of Shape by Rainbow and a few others. I always pick them up when I see them and go "I could pick this up this time", but never do.

Same happens to me with Iron Maiden's debut. I can't imagine I still don't own this one.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost   Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 7:58 am

Lari wrote:

Wow. That's surprising. I would have thought you owned everything by this band.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost   Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2020 2:55 pm

I've been listening to this a lot over the months. I've officially listed it as their 2nd best, behind only Liquid Monster, which is unbeatable.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost   Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2020 3:55 pm

Well that's encouraging. And interesting.

Eyesore wrote:
Lari wrote:

Wow. That's surprising. I would have thought you owned everything by this band.

Not sure why you would think so. Just because I own full discographies of other, similar, German, aggressive power metal bands? Don't label me so easily Laughing

I might pick this up eventually. I feel like there's a Brainstormy mood coming soon. Usually when I pick up all the CD's of a band from the shelf, and play them for a few days, I end up buying more.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost   Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2020 8:11 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I've been listening to this a lot over the months. I've officially listed it as their 2nd best, behind only Liquid Monster, which is unbeatable.

I might have to dig it out for another listen because LM is best but I have always enjoyed Soul Temptation as runner up.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost   Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2020 11:12 pm

Need to revisit Brainstorm. Will start with their debut, Hungry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost   Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brainstorm - Midnight Ghost
Page 1 of 1